LegacyGT.com

Headlights repeatedly burning out? Post here!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 05 LGT just blew its first bulb at about 18,000 miles, driver's side low beam. I don't have my DRL's disabled, and don't plan on messing with it. I was hoping to find out that the bulbs are covered under warranty, and they are. This site kicks ass! I'll have to take it to the dealer Monday or wait a week until I'm back in town.

Update: Lithia Subaru replaces both headlight bulbs under warrantee at 25k mi. They said it was a common problem, and that Subaru had released upgraded bulbs as a fix. That's why they replaced the burnt-out one and the other side that was still running.

And I disabled the DRLs on the new car, so as to avoid premature burnout. Plus, I seem to be more prone to driving off at night without the main lights on than my wife.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 3 weeks later...
Just had my drivers side low beam go at around 22k...I have DRL's disabled. There must be soemthing wrong with these; my last car went several years before losing a bulb and I think I had about 200k on it by then. While I think that is rediculous life, I am not that pleased with just 22k. I had thought about upgraded bulbs from Daniel Stern but I may hold off. I don't want to spend 100 bucks on bulbs to have them fail so quickly

96 Acura Integra.....that car may not have had a lot of torque but it will likely be the best car purchase I ever made. Don't get me wrong...I love the Suby but that car was great. Carried everything, drive it somewhat off road for mtn biking got great gas mileage even with 250k on it and it is still going strong for a guy I work with. Never did much more than oil, tires and brakes.

****maybe I should mention that after teh OEM bulbs blew I started to go through bulbs every 6-9 months. Don't know if they were just crappy quality or if there was something going wrong electrically?????

I have been told that the new bulbs only last a year or so depending on your mileage. Everytime we get closer to that "hid appearance" the bulbs typically burn out faster. Came right from my dealers mouth.

I had siverstars on my wrx and replaced them every 15months or like 15 thousand miles. Nice lights but what a hassle.

• 4 weeks later...
Put Philips' BlueVision H7's in at 910 miles. One burned out at 10,750 miles (2 weeks short of 1 year). DRLs have not been disabled. I didn't realize what the car had for stock bulbs when I bought these, but other than the slight blue tinting, the bulb looks identical to the POS OEM ones I took out (which are now back in until I get a different replacement).
It is still ugly.

Both of my front headlights were replaced at 20923 miles under warranty. I came home from a business trip and found that both headlights were toast. I had to drive from the airport all the way home with only my fog lights! Luckily it was all city driving with lighted freeways. And... lucky I didn't get pulled over!

I too have NEVER had a set of headlights go this soon.

Archived