LegacyGT.com

Headlights repeatedly burning out? Post here!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Driver's side at 17K, one year and one month from purchase. I just had it replaced this weekend under warrantee. Just waiting for the passenger side to burn out now...

~Scott & Nadia

'05 Outback 2.5i Wagon

Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic

225/60HR16 BFG Traction T/A's

Well, since this thread still seems quite active, passenger side went out yesterday. 20K miles. Now I've got to schedule another trip to the dealer...

~Scott & Nadia

'05 Outback 2.5i Wagon

Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic

225/60HR16 BFG Traction T/A's[

Bought my '05 LGT in September, blew my first bulb after 8k miles. Blew 1 bulb every 6 weeks or so after. Switched brands a couple of times, no help. Silverstars are sweet but they used to blow quick in my Integra too, so no help there. Subie dealership is no help. 6 hours of inspection yielded nothing. Factory bulbs are covered under warranty though. Nice touch.

I have noticed elecrical system oddities involving the stereo and environmental controls. I can only assume from that observation and other electrical problems i've been reading about here, that the LGT definitely has some electrical problems to work out. My advice: keep extra bulbs in your car.

14,750 passenger side out.

Have since brought it to dealer for new bulb. Noticing that the new bulb is SIGNIFICANTLY less bright. The (original) driver side light is very bright, but the new passenger side light is much less bright.

Anyone else notice that their replacement bulb (from the dealer) is less bright?

I fitted Silverstars about 3 months ago, and thought I had cured this problem. Then last night, I came back from a work trip, got into the car at the airport parking lot, switched them on and bam, both lights blow at the very same time, like WTF !

So I had to drive home at 11pm using my fogs only, not a pleasant experience :(

11,154 mi's. and the third Silverstar I've been through went out at the instant I turned the headlights on. I'm calling the dealer not that they will have a solution but I want them to know that even a small issue such as chronic bulb failures aren't what I come to expect. Very disappointing for sure. Time to switch to an HID set up.

Just went to the dealer today for my second headlight replacement in two weeks (I'm at about 16k miles). I asked about it, and they said that a TSB for '05 legacys had been issued this week about the problem, and they had a new part which they were now installing. Looks like this has finally gotten resolved.

Both!!!????!!!???! Wtf!!!! :( :(

Yup, nboth at the very same moment I turned them on, couldn't FW believe it. I've fiven up with the expensive ones, just buy cheap and keep replacing them.

What I did notice though, when replacing them, the area of the projector housing seemed to be burnt a little. I'm wondering if the bulb is overheating in there, and that's what's causing the constant failures.

yep.. driver side burned out last night @ 16,000 Miles.. went to the dealer today, they replaced both bulbs with "updated" ones..

btw.. i did the DRL disable as soon as i bought the car and only drove with the lights on when it was dark out..

I need to go see the dealer and get mine replaced.. Mine both went out like around 20,000 miles. One went, then like 2 weeks later the other went. There like almost 15 dollars a piece to get from Advance Auto.. I shoulda kept my reciepts.

About 12K the driver's side headlight went as well as the passenger side fog light. Both were replaced under warranty. At 25K the passenger side headlight went and was also replaced underwarranty. I asked the dealership to replace the windshield wiper blades and they did it under warranty.

Archived