LegacyGT.com

Headlights repeatedly burning out? Post here!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kuryakin - is a 65w h7s a certain brand or style or is it a different subaru factory bulb? where do you get this type of bulb?

navigatorslegacy - I actually asked the dealership service guys if they were touching my bulbs with bare hands and making them go out on purpose at the 2nd set of replacements on my 2011, so i'd have to buy more. They insist they are careful NOT to touch them!

Sounds like you may have a wiring issue. Do you think poor wires or too much current is going to them that could be causing this? I'm no expert. Just my 2 cents...

I have Osram Rallye H7+ 65w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

i have a 2013 legacy with approx 66,000 miles and i think i have gone through 6-8 headlamps varying from each side.

today as i went to lunch i noticed that my passenger side headlamp looked like it was out. Can't be .... i just replaced this not too long ago.

YEP!!! :mad: it's out AGAIN!!!!!!! this is unacceptable! WTF!!?!?!?!

i have a 2013 legacy with approx 66,000 miles and i think i have gone through 6-8 headlamps varying from each side.

today as i went to lunch i noticed that my passenger side headlamp looked like it was out. Can't be .... i just replaced this not too long ago.

My wife has an 11 legacy and burned through 5 sets of headlights. I snipped the daytime running lights and been 2 years since and hasnt burned put since. I put osram rallye and been great so far.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

• 2 months later...

Guess what ???? i posted the above in May and now i have another light out! this time it is a fog lamp. i am buying aftermarket bulbs and having them replaced because it is obvious that the subaru replacements are GARBAGE!

how many bulbs am i going to replace?

Just bought my 2013 Legacy 3.6R Limited & joined this site & sad to see Subaru hasn't rectified this problem yet. Hopefully mine aren't as bad because they look like a PITA to change compared to my old Subaru. I had a 97 GT & would have to replace bulbs every 6-9 months. I came to the conclusion the bulbs were a little lose & would bounce around in the headlight assembly. I solved it by pushing the 2 tabs out SLIGHTLY so it would put more pressure on bulb. My bulbs seemed to last well over a year after that. Not sure if it would work for anyone else but worth a shot?

Archived