LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

The limiting factor is the inner part of the cut out, not the part you see when looking at the bumper. You run out of room there because of the angle. The back of the tips will contact the edge where they enter the cut out. If you are willing to trim that lip you could probably tuck the sedan tips up a bit using shorter hangers or something.

The rear of my cut outs is already trimmed. You take out a half moon. No one can see it. Plus it gives more clearance for the tip. I had to do it to make clearance for my Cobb.

If I have to send a template and instructions to cut a small amount of non-visible plastic, I think it is worth it. If it gets the tips tucked high, the look is worth 15 minutes with a dremel or blade.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I have to send a template and instructions to cut a small amount of non-visible plastic...it gets the tips tucked high...worth 15 minutes.

Since the car has to be UP to do the install and trimming can be done (carefully) with a razor, it isnt much extra work. I assume it would work out to negligable shop time for those paying for install.

If fitment makes us all happier, no problem right???

I didn't read through all the posts so I'm not sure if this was mentioned.

I want a single pipe/tip setup. Other than aesthetics, there is no reason to have dual outlets. I've seen a few members do it here custom and would love to see something like that for sale for those of us that can't weld our own setup.

I think having one 3" pipe coming from the standard 3" dp outlet flange to a 3" straight through resonator and then 3" mandrel piping to a 3" straight through muffler would be the most efficient system possible, and should have a nice deep tone.

I didn't read through all the posts so I'm not sure if this was mentioned.

I want a single pipe/tip setup. Other than aesthetics, there is no reason to have dual outlets. I've seen a few members do it here custom and would love to see something like that for sale for those of us that can't weld our own setup.

I think having one 3" pipe coming from the standard 3" dp outlet flange to a 3" straight through resonator and then 3" mandrel piping to a 3" straight through muffler would be the most efficient system possible, and should have a nice deep tone.

It's going to be a quad tip CBE, no single tip. I think the GMS CBE is 3" throughout, might be worth looking into if that's what you're wanting.

FYI, it's pretty cheap to. http://www.importimageracing.com/p/Gimmick-Motorsports-catback-Pkg-05-09-LGT.html

:yeahthat:

I'm not aware of any single outlet exhausts that fit the LGT platform. I'm talking one 3" pipe from DP back to either one side or the other with one straight through resonator and one straight through muffler. No Y pipe.

I'd like to be able to buy this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3108826&postcount=1

^ he is looking for a single muffler, no "y" pipe. no one makes this. i dont plan to. sorry.

only sedans would have to make the small cut. this is not a for sure, just an idea i threw out there. lots of ideas floating around. goes with the excitement.

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is no longer an "if". But a "when".

The fixtures are good. I am going over next week to look at the tips. Going double wall will decrease bark slightly, the inner diameter is 2 and 3/8 inches on a three inch tip.

The old 2.5" restriction at the DP is GONE. We are going 3" flat flange with a small piece of flex to accommodate all DP's. I will bring a fit car with DP to use to modify the fixture.

Sedan AND Wagon fitment from two different fixtures available.

I will have firmed up pricing next week after we decide on final product.

Oh, and looks like I might be making a 2010/2011 CBE with Stromung too.

No jinx's now. Time to spread the word. Quad tip heaven is coming. Pure S E X for your LGT.

Pricing depends on final product. Stromung is firming up the numbers this weekend. Then it is the tips. Going double wall adds about $100 to the cost of the CBE. Taking out the 2.5" restriction and going 3" flat flange is adding a little cost too. Thats why I am still negotiating with them. The more buyers I have, the more negotiating power I have to get a better price.

Now that Stromung knows there is interest, the only reason they need me is marketing and sales. I let the cat out of the bag by contacting them. If they decided to go it alone on production, the cost for buyers will be higher than what I am advertising.

Do you realize that Stromung moved last year and that the LGT fixtures were supposed to be destroyed before the move? Someone felt guilty about destroying all the left over fixtures and some were put into a storage container. Not all, just some.

Archived