LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got a meeting with my welder tomorrow. Buddy is letting me borrow his lift (at his shop). Hes gonna work on my minitruck (tubbing fenders up front), I'm gonna start laying out my piping runs for the mid-pipe and y-pipe.

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

- Given the March/April money-timing, I'm definitely interested.

I like my current Invidias, but they definitely could be improved upon. m sprank, I hope you won't mind if I changed my mind, after seeing the prototype? :redface:

I'm after looks/sound here. :) Crossing my fingers and hoping that your aesthetics will match mine. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I have much of my piping complete.

I need to find a resonator (LGT owners are finicky).

Been looking at cans and tips. I like the Stromung cans. I have there old address and phone number. Going to call tomorrow and see if they are still in business.

Been looking at tips too. I like the Stromung cans for quality, size and sound. But not the tips that came on their old LGT cans. I like tips that look line a Mercedes S Class. Double wall, oval. But I want true dual tips. Not a single exit to a "Y" tip.

I might be friggin nuts and this is going to cost too much. But we shall see.

Been thinking about it and going to go ahead and put myself on the list. Really want a quad tip and I know Mike is going to come up with an amazing product.

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

The more I read about the more I want it. I'm in!

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

Interested pending details. My CXlighting won't last forever/winter.

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

I'd like to see some more discussion about what tips and cans you plan to use.

If the prototype is as advertised I would have no problem purchasing.

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

Well I tried 4 different numbers for Stromung yesterday. 3 were disconnected. One just rang and rang.

I think they might be gone.

I am going to look for a used set of Stromung cans. Then I can weld on my own tips and have them reverse engineered for production.

Otherwise I need to go to the muffler shop and do some research.

I found Stromung! I found Stromung!

Screw it. I am going to see if I can get them to reproduce their original (limited production) CBE for the LGT. But with a different tip. The Stromung Quad tip is the most coveted CBE of all for the LGT. Used still sell for $1000 if you can find one.

1 original GB and that was all she wrote. They were gone. Cobb used Stromung to make their CBE too.

What do you guys think? If I can get Stromung on board to make us a Quad tip would that not ROCK?!

One thing that I didn't like about the Stromungs was how low the tips hung, relative to the cut-outs.

If you look at preadet's awesome custom setup - and also of some of the more delicious OEM offerings like those on the Audi S4, BMW's M-vehicles, etc., one of the reasons why those quad-tips are so sexy is how well they "tuck up" into the exhaust cut-out.

We've explored various reasons why such "tucking" hasn't been possible, on a production basis, with our BL/BPs, back in the days of discussing the various currently-offered aftermarket offerings, but I wonder if when Stromung/you revisited this, it can be compensated for.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I know. The great thing about my Cobb is how the big oval tip tucks right up into the bumper like it was meant to be. I know exactly what you are saying. Hence my "with more aggressive" tips. I need to talk with them. If it can be done, I will do it.

The great thing about Stromung is they are here in the USA. Not just Made in the USA. But a 1 hour drive from my house. They are in Huntington Beach California. I know if you drive in, they will make you a custom CBE. Just not cheap. The benders and everything are here in California.

It will be more expensive, and maybe no profit at all for me. But to have the product made in America by an American owned and operated company means something to me. I could take pride in having it made here rather than shipping out to China.

NAFTA, FTW!

Scott at Stromung has left me an email. I have left him a message. We are playing tag now, LOL.

I am really excited about the possibility of doing a production run with Stromung. I have always liked their products. I have had two CBE's made by them, and both have been excellent. They are widely known tin the BMW world. They make high end stuff. Just what the discerning Legacy owner demands.

It is on like Mother ******* Donkey Kong! Just got off the phone with Stromung. They still have the fixture. it is in storage. They are going to locate it tomorrow.

They have NO Problem meeting my request for double wall tips. No oval's though. Will not fit. Double wall round. Adds some weight, but less chance of burning bumper skin. They will show me how nicely they can tuck the tips. No low hanging tips they say.

100% built in California, USA. Packing imported from Germany. True 304 Stainless all the way. Top quality shiznitch. No eBay or China made here.

Original CBE retailed for $1050. Get me 20 buyers and I can sell them in the $800 range (estimated off numbers given to me from memory).

WOOT! This is it folks. If the interest is there, this baby goes into production. Infamous Performance Quad Tip CBE made by Stromung.

I am gathering pix of the old CBE for everyone now.

Does this have a resonator in the mid-pipe? As mike knows I'm looking for no drone. Anybody have any sound clips of the old system? What's the timeline of this being available? I am REALLY digging the looks of the "old" stromung setup so if the sound is there I'm in!!!

Archived