LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously not looking into this, but it would be great to develop an exhaust shroud that

will allow you to trim the bumper cutout bigger and allow for bigger tips.

Something along the lines of this:

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=19173

Just buy a full exhaust and sell what you don't want.

Well yea i could do that but i dont need the mufflers and the ypipe so no sense paying shipping for it and this setup doesnt bolt up to factory mid/y so no one would have use for it.

No. Sorry. Not making "parts". Not planning on making any more after this GB.

The bumper on sedans is what it is. The cutout is what I have to work with. I am not making some kind of "surround" to modify the cutout. At some point people need to either accept what can be done with what I have to work with, or go spend $5k for something one off and completely custom. Have a bumper skin made and then a CBE made for your bumper.

I am not here to completely re-engineer the bumper to fit an exhaust. People are already on the fence about paying $850 (estimated) for a $1400 CBE. How am I going to get anywhere if the price keeps going up. It should already be several hundred higher.

Wish I could jump on this, but can't afford it with a wedding coming up. I'm sure whatever Mike makes will be amazing.

Good luck with the sale, hope you're able to get some of your sanity back with the holidays coming up.

http://www.subarunews.net/news/legacysti01.jpg

The STI mufflers seem to have perfectly sized tips-

This is worthless. JDM does not count. Plus the wagons have a different cut out. This had been discussed too much already. Check my pix of the wagon CBE. It is already perfect.. Tips tuck nice and tight. It is the sedan that has issues. The bumper cut out is different. Oh, and JDM cut outs are completely different, thats why they dont count at all.

Stop the madness. :confused: If everyone is so darn skilled at fabrication, you make it. You must be infinitely more skilled than myself and Stromung.

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH. :spin:

Would it be better if I just hired a Chinese plant to make me 100 POS eBay quad tips (like CXLighting/GMS or even Invidia Q300) and sell them to you for $400? then watch them rust in 6 months, drone till your head explodes and sound like an empty coke can on your car? :eek:

Mike - we're in agreement, build what you've described and members will buy it. Those who are coming to the dance late, haven't heard the whole sound track up to this point, so they're adding comments after the fact. LMK what I can do to help.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Well in my opinion for this particular case, I would say lock this thread...all of the valid questions probably have been asked. Newcomers just need to read the thread. All the info is there. Its pretty cut and dry. Mike is making this cbe the way he wants it (awesome) and that's it. He isn't looking for ways to make it better because he doesn't need to. Whatever needs to be done to make it fit flawlessly Mike and stromung will hash that out.

We only need updates from mike at this point, not discussion.

Keep the GB thread open with a reference to this one

my 2cents

I agree. You know what you want and it's your design. Many of us are in regardless, because we know you're all about the quality product you're trying to create here. Lock it up and if they don't like it...then they don't buy it. You still have plenty of support.
:yeahthat:

Would it be better if I just hired a Chinese plant to make me 100 POS eBay quad tips (like CXLighting/GMS or even Invidia Q300) and sell them to you for $400? then watch them rust in 6 months, drone till your head explodes and sound like an empty coke can on your car? :eek:

I'll take two! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

I agree. We need to get the ball rolling as we probably covered what we needed in the first

three pages. Mike obviously had something in mind already, which was what people wanted

and will agree is the right direction. Deposit in hand to get production moving.

Finally read through this whole thread during a conference call... Definitley am down for this! If you have to charge more, I'm down. This is a rare opportunity for an exclusive high quality product. I paid over a $1k for my GReddy EVO2 four years ago and it still looks new.

Archived