LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have interest, no cash till next year. Well I need to see what it's going to cost to get my wagon back to full operating status. Would love to replace my GMS, which has already started to rust some. Timing and price put me in as a possible...

Thanks for putting this together for all the wagon owners out there..

When you said no ovals did you mean no quad tip ovals or were you looking at a single oval for each cut out/side?

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

if it fits wagon and no drone on highway speed, I'm in!

That was going to be my next question for bochinam (or any other wagonistas with the Stromung). How's the drone in the wagon?

As we all know the open space in the wagon tends to result in more drone for us "grocery getters".

I have not even started to advertise, other than this thread. LOL. Is it time to start spreading the word? I hate to jinx myself.

I'd wait till everything was set in stone, no need to jinx the project. We've got a solid amount of people already down, Stromung should like that.

:yeahthat:

Sorry guys, this is Stromung. $600-700 is not going to happen. Not even if I had 50 made. Probably not even at 100 made.

I am going quad tip all the way. I big oval, is just a Cobb. I have that already.

Calling now to see where things are at.

I dont know how that would look unboxed. When you can see the tip all the way to the can.

My original idea was something more sophisticated, like a Mercedes S class. The LGT is a sedan, not a sports car. I wanted to be true to the 4 door "sport" sedan (of a higher class).

Not that I dont think the Porsche looks great.

Oh no, it is very nice. I just wonder what it looks like when you can see it from all angles. In the end I am limited by the existing cut out. Dont want to ask everyone to change or mod their bumper. Thats not fair. Also dont want to force a change due to melting. I have seen too many skins melt to tips already.

Very interested in BP specific version.

The ever-growing list:

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

20. Subietonic

21. Subawang

22. 06Legacy

23. LALGT

24. Strizzy123

25. notthesnail

26. gonzo2186

27. spec.B Dream

28. SVX6

29. Scoobiedude

30. eqt2010

31. Fraggle

32. allwheeldrive

33. SnowBound BP5

:whore:

OK, I'm in for a wagon version.

The ever-growing list:

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

20. Subietonic

21. Subawang

22. 06Legacy

23. LALGT

24. Strizzy123

25. notthesnail

26. gonzo2186

27. spec.B Dream

28. SVX6

29. Scoobiedude

30. eqt2010

31. Fraggle

32. allwheeldrive

33. SnowBound BP5

34. goneskiian - wagon

praedet posted a few pics that were gorgeous!

Anything close and I'm good.

Don't forget that praedet's pictures are of a wagon rear end that has larger exhaust cut outs. I re-posted some pictures of bochinam's wagon with an ACTUAL Stromung exhaust that had the tips tucked quite nicely. I get the impression it won't be as easy to tuck them like that on a sedan with the smaller cut outs.

Here they are together:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/STi%20Swap/Exhaust/BackEnd1.jpg

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll474/bochinam/P9070135.jpg

Yes, wagons have larger cutouts. Hence the very nice, tight tuck.

The sedan cut out is more narrow and rounder. So we shall see what can be done to keep the aggressive look and get the tips tucked tight without burning the skin.

That was going to be my next question for bochinam (or any other wagonistas with the Stromung). How's the drone in the wagon?

As we all know the open space in the wagon tends to result in more drone for us "grocery getters".

The Stromung is not a loud exhaust. "Loud" is subjective so all I can do is give you my impression. I'd say it's half way between stock and that average hopped up WRX you hear thudding around. Sometimes I wish it was a little louder, but I'm running a two piece Perrin down pipe which is slightly quieter than the catless invidia it replaced. You hear the exhaust at idle and tooling around below 40mph. If you've got the radio going, you will have to turn it down to listen to the engine sound track. Tire noise completely takes over at freeway speeds, drone is not an issue.

Wife says: "It has a low mean sound that's not annoying, I love it, no drone."

The ever-growing list:

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

20. Subietonic

21. Subawang

22. 06Legacy

23. LALGT

24. Strizzy123

25. notthesnail

26. gonzo2186

27. spec.B Dream

28. SVX6

29. Scoobiedude

30. eqt2010

31. Fraggle

32. allwheeldrive

33. SnowBound BP5

34. goneskiian - wagon

OMG - I think Hell just froze over... :)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yes, wagons have larger cutouts. Hence the very nice, tight tuck.

The sedan cut out is more narrow and rounder. So we shall see what can be done to keep the aggressive look and get the tips tucked tight without burning the skin.

The limiting factor is the inner part of the cut out, not the part you see when looking at the bumper. You run out of room there because of the angle. The back of the tips will contact the edge where they enter the cut out. If you are willing to trim that lip you could probably tuck the sedan tips up a bit using shorter hangers or something.

The Stromung is not a loud exhaust. "Loud" is subjective so all I can do is give you my impression. I'd say it's half way between stock and that average hopped up WRX you hear thudding around. Sometimes I wish it was a little louder, but I'm running a two piece Perrin down pipe which is slightly quieter than the catless invidia it replaced. You hear the exhaust at idle and tooling around below 40mph. If you've got the radio going, you will have to turn it down to listen to the engine sound track. Tire noise completely takes over at freeway speeds, drone is not an issue.

Wife says: "It has a low mean sound that's not annoying, I love it, no drone."

Sweet! Thanks!

Sounds like a winner.

Archived