LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick search of YouTube and I found a few clips. Seemed too quiet for me at first than I heard a clip of it with a downpipe installed and I must say I got wood!!! lol. Just the sound I like. I don't know how to add my name to that list and repost so if somebody could do that for me I'd appreciate it.

Mike you're the man great work!

The Stromung uses no resonator. it does not need one. The cans are SOOOOOO nice and EXPENSIVE. If you use top quality mufflers, you dont need a resonator. You also do not lose power.

Stromung is known for super stealth until 3500-4000rpm. They are ultra quiet until you drop the hammer. Then they roar. Deeeeeeeep tone, not harsh. Sound of POWA! No drone.

Like I said. I currently run a Cobb. It was made by Stromung. I LOVE my Cobb. If I can get the same quality, sound, performance with a lower price and quad tip, cant go wrong.

Oh, and I am not supposed to say anything. But a wagon version would be available with special cans, just for the wagon. A true wagon fitment, not just adding length to tips. Just need a total of at least 20. 20 no matter how we make it up.

Anyone interested in a Infamous Performance/Stromung CBE for the 2010/2011? I know I am.

unofficial, but iI think this is the current interested list

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

I'm gone for a few days from this thread and HOLY COW Batman!!!

Nice job Mike, you da MAN!!

Pics above but dual walled and you got it nailed down.

I had Stromung on my WRX and loved it! I later upgraded (yes it was actually an upgrade) to the Prodrives but still have fond memories of it.

Praedets's pics above are incredible! Work of art, anywhere close and we're good to go.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Now I won't be able to sleep, for the next few months! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

if i get some time this weekend ill take sound clips of orginal stromung as i was in the group deal last summer. If you guys are getting this less than $950 shipped i paid im jealous. When you see this exhaust in person youll drool everything is perfect on it.

If Stromung can produce them at the number I was quoted today. Yes, less than $950.

I am about putting out the BEST products made. Not about being the cheapest. But... with this being my initial product release I think it best to get the product out into the hands of users and let the "buzz" begin. I would rather sell 10-20 Super High Quality CBE's and get my name out, then sell 50 cheapo Chinese made units.

I am just as excited as anyone. I hope to hear from Stromung tomorrow on the condition of the fixture.

They will need to bring in material from Germany to make all the cans. So, a deposit will be a must. But you should feel confident about quality and design since I am letting you know who is making them and where they are coming from.

American work costs more. But I think you will appreciate the quality and love put into every piece when it is designed and assembled here in the USA.

In the words of Scott at Stromung, "no Chinese/eBay crap here".

I would rather sell 10-20 Super High Quality CBE's and get my name out, then sell 50 cheapo Chinese made units.

+eleventybillion.

Stromung has one of the most revered names in the community - and you're quickly getting up to legendary status yourself, m sprank. :) It'll be a formidable combination.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Trust me, I understand the finances thing. All too well.

I will do what I can to accommodate all. I dont have anything more than an hour or so on the phone and a few emails with Stromung. Tomorrow is the big day. If the fixture comes out of storage undamaged, it is just a matter of Stromung getting the material together and us laying out the deposit.

I dont think $700 delivered is going to be doable. These things are going to be expensive to produce. There is a premium to be paid to keep fellow Americans working.

But as promised in the beginning. I will pass on the savings to you, as a Group Buy purchase and to get my name out.

If I can afford to produce enough to keep a few for inventory I will. But the price for these with a single wall tip (not double like I am specing) was $1050 in 2006. Add at least $100 for the double wall tips and this kit would have had an MSRP of $1150 in 2006.

The Cobb on my car had a MSRP north of $1200. I am trying to get these in your hands for $800. $850 if shipping is too much. But I am trying to keep this to covering my cost. Much like the DAMD wheel GB. I dont expect to profit. Not monetarily.

I am laying the ground work for my bigger plans.

This will be one of, if not the nicest/highest quality CBE's ever built for the 05-09 LGT. IMHO anything under $1k is a good price. $800-850 is wholesale pricing. Good wholesale pricing.

Look at that "Y" pipe. 3" in to two 2.5" outs. Not chop and crunch like on the SPT. True Hi Flow. Right into a set of the sweetest sounding cans on earth and out 4 gorgeous double wall tips. Droooooooooooooooollllll.

Whoa buddy...whoa, I read the details and it isn't obvious in what you wrote that what you describe is the only way it'll be and that you have solidly made up your mind. Sometimes you do need to spell it out on the interweb... and we'll understand.

That said, if I saw it, heard it, and got feedback on fitment I'd consider it only if the look/sound beat the Prodrives I have.

Now in knowing you personally, I believe that you just might hit that target and it'll be amazing. So in trusting you (because without a mock up that's all we are doing at this point) I'd be willing to sell my Prodrives/Perrin pipes for your exhaust (I have fitment issues, minor but I have them).

I'm so interested in what you come up with that I'm willing to give it a shot. Although the Prodrives sound amazing to me the fact that I still have to hit up an exhaust shop to tuck them in and line them up I'd almost rather have the perfect fitment out of the box and a sound that's close to it.

This is the difficult part though, it's still very possible that I'll back out later if it's not what's expected. For something this subjective you really do need a mock up first.

Just an FYI (and somethig you already know), 90% on here want a subdued system. If it's almost silent until 4k rpm then you have a winner and it'll sell very well.

Exactly what he said. And Drew and I have the same setup. I've wanted a quality, subltle but deep boxer burble at idle, turning to a boxer rumble at cruise and full-throated, take no prisoners boxer wave at WOT (which is what I get with the Perrin center/Y and Prodrives - along with the fitment issues that Drew mentions) that fit spot-on and have decent quad-tips.

So sign me up with the same proviso that Drew articulated above. Trust is a big deal and you have mine in spades so work it man.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

20. Subietonic

Let's do this.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

20. Subietonic

21. Subawang

Let's do this +1

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

20. Subietonic

21. Subawang

22. 06Legacy

23. LALGT

I will be out on the road most of today. But will keep everyone posted.

Archived