LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good, Mike! :D

- BTW, I won't be on the Forums, likely, from 11/16 to 11/20. I'm doing a bit of "business pleasure" travel during that time, and although I'll have access to the 'Net, I don't know how much time I'll have to do so. If I don't reply to a hail for deposits or a review of the mock-up, please know it's because I can't, not because I don't want! :lol::)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Mike, if this becomes too much to manage you could always try getting them to make and sell them themselves. Tell them you know of 30+ people who want them and let them handle it.

Ok. No one will buy and they will come cut my throat. If Stromung sells these themselves MSRP is $1200+. They had a MSRP of $1050 in 2006. In 2007 it went to $1250. Today it will be $1300-$1400. Already had the discussion. I can back out at any time. Want to pay $1400 for the CBE?

I have an official GB thread going in the GB forum. It has been up for a few days. Keeping the list and official info in the first post there. Here is the link;

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/infamous-performance-05-09-sedan-and-wagon-quad-tip-cbe-149597.html

If you leave the country and dont answer my PM's you are out TSi, LOL. No vacation for me, no vacation for you. JK.

^ Hey, as long as you wear that DAMD necklace, big boy. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Ok. No one will buy and they will come cut my throat. If Stromung sells these themselves MSRP is $1200+. They had a MSRP of $1050 in 2006. In 2007 it went to $1250. Today it will be $1300-$1400. Already had the discussion. I can back out at any time. Want to pay $1400 for the CBE?

I'd rather get the good price but you shouldn't have to lay out $25K if your not making a profit either. Risk = reward in my book. I run a small business and have always had the feeling that if someone isn't making money when they sell me something it has a much higher potential to fall through or not happen than if they are making a reasonable profit. I always want to make sure that everyone involved is getting a fair reward for their risk/efforts involved. That's all :)

I'm in either way!! Count me in for one of those 12 if that's what you are gonna do now. I can send a deposit whenever you need it. Thanks for your troubles. i don't know why people have to be such a pain in the arse.

I feel your pain. You should just produce a product that you will be happy with, and if people don't want it, they just won't buy it. Stromung produces DOPE ish, and if that is not good enough for people, f-them. That's why i want one of these. Because i know it will be a quality peice that will not be ill fitting, and rot off in a couple of years.

Thanks again for all the work you are doing to get us pain in the arse members a DOPE exhaust.

Risk rewards flys right out the window with online parts sales. Only people getting rewarded are those producing in China for $125-$250 per unit, then reselling for $500+ per unit. Or producing for $125 per unit in China and selling for $250 wholesale, but moving 100+ units at a time.

There is no "business" in online parts sales. Thats why I am pushing to open a full service shop and fab/manufacturer my own product line.

Not to get rich. Just to be diversified enough to put food on the table and hopefully sign the paychecks (and supply medical benefits) for a few friends that work with me.

4 or 5 friends working together and making a living is better than 1 guy working for the man trying to get rich, in my book.

Now that I understand that fixture = build-out welding jig (and those are time-consuming - and costly - to make perfect) it makes no sense to me to build anything but a SS 3" flat-flanged, 3" flex-piped mid and 2.5 Ys into those wonderful Stromung dual-tipped mufflers. Otherwise, you're retooling for a whole other setup and that will just lead to cost-spiral and noone wins in that scenario.

In keeping with the Legacy's sport-premium positioning, if you can class it up with double-wall "finished" tips, both for the look and to protect the bumper skin from radiant heat, then you'll sell everything you can produce.

GL and let's get this done.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Thanks again Dale. I think you and I are on the same page.

Go for max performance, due to cost for options and then try to "class" it up a bit. Premium for sure.

With the available adapters and gaskets, I think the 3" version best suits everyone.

I am shooting for 2 weeks to have pricing, eta, etc planned out. Things have moved quickly so far, I would like to keep the momentum going. I will keep everyone updated along the way.

EXACTLY what i was hoping for. MAX performance on a beautiful exhaust. what else could you ask for?

I don't get why people would want to keep the stock RESTRICTED downpipe anyways!?!? Especially if you are going to put this gorgeous cat back on. it's like putting on an Armani suit and leaving your old crusty tennis sneakers on-haha.

Can't wait.... Thanks again for putting this together.

Thanks again Dale. I think you and I are on the same page.

Go for max performance, due to cost for options and then try to "class" it up a bit. Premium for sure.

With the available adapters and gaskets, I think the 3" version best suits everyone.

I am shooting for 2 weeks to have pricing, eta, etc planned out. Things have moved quickly so far, I would like to keep the momentum going. I will keep everyone updated along the way.

^One and done. No money to be made on this product. This is basically a favor for the guys on the forum. In the future it will be much more expensive (if available) and the market is saturated.

Many people are ready to jump on this and dump what they have at a loss. 'nuff said

I am trying to improve upon a 4-5 year old design. Give it a "freshening up". Nothing major. Just trying to tweak the few small details that are not quite "today".

This will be more rare than the original. Well, maybe not. If everyone stays in until the end, we might buy more during this GB than Stromung made of the original, LOL.

In the wagon, it's money. The sedan though has narrow, round cut-outs. They're going to play around with it a bit, might have to do some trimming.

Excerpt from the actual group buy thread

Yes, trying to get them higher into the cutout. The wagon cut out is a different shape and size, hence the nice tight tuck. The sedan is more rounded and more narrow, so getting two 3" tips tucked up in the cut out might be impossible.

Thanks Fossil. I am looking at all options with Stromung on getting the tips tucked tighter on the sedan. Including going so far as to make a small half moon cut n the rear of the cutout (closest to the mufflers) to make more space. It is not set in stone. We are going over options before making a final decision.

Everyone will be updated with the final design and price before any deposits are taken or production begins.

Smaller tips could be used. But that kind of defeats the purpose, no?

Archived