LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it's time to throw the list we have, up on the first page.

Here's the last count

The ever-growing list:

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

20. Subietonic

21. Subawang

22. 06Legacy

23. LALGT

24. Strizzy123

25. notthesnail

26. gonzo2186

27. spec.B Dream

28. SVX6

29. Scoobiedude

30. eqt2010

31. Fraggle

32. allwheeldrive

33. SnowBound BP5

34. goneskiian - wagon

:yeahthat:

Maybe I should start a GB thread. It seems like its time. I dont want to get people confused with all the pages of reading. We can always keep the fun going here and just keep the info and list in the GB forum.

Wow. 34 people. I guess at some point I should be on the list. No way I am not rocking this CBE on my SpecB. LOL.

The amount of interest surprises even me. But if I can supply that many members with the "perfect" CBE. I am proud to do it.

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

20. Subietonic

21. Subawang

22. 06Legacy

23. LALGT

24. Strizzy123

25. notthesnail

26. gonzo2186

27. spec.B Dream

28. SVX6

29. Scoobiedude

30. eqt2010

31. Fraggle

32. allwheeldrive

33. SnowBound BP5

34. goneskiian - wagon

35. msprank

36. elib

Was truly hoping that this was going to be a 2.5" donut gasketted setup so those who are interested don't have to farcle around with adapters and such... both stock and COBB-type setups. Either way, my WBR 2.5 donut to 3" flat flange adapter will work. It just adds a 1/2" in there so keep that in mind when you're designing this 3" flat flange setup.

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

20. Subietonic - Wagonsta

21. Subawang

22. 06Legacy

23. LALGT

24. Strizzy123

25. notthesnail

26. gonzo2186

27. spec.B Dream

28. SVX6

29. Scoobiedude

30. eqt2010

31. Fraggle

32. allwheeldrive

33. SnowBound BP5

34. goneskiian - wagon

35. msprank

36. elib

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Was truly hoping that this was going to be a 2.5" donut gasketted setup so those who are interested don't have to farcle around with adapters and such... both stock and COBB-type setups. Either way, my WBR 2.5 donut to 3" flat flange adapter will work. It just adds a 1/2" in there so keep that in mind when you're designing this 3" flat flange setup.

Good point, I will have to get an adapter for my COBB dp as well.

I'm in was going to customize my piece o crap Megan but will wait for a double wall quad tip

No worry Jay, I got your back lol.

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog

13. chutrain

14. TSi+WRX

15. Istealfrombums

16. Murphdaddy

17. ProFlatlander15

18. Fossil2k2

19. LJ08GT

20. Subietonic - Wagonsta

21. Subawang

22. 06Legacy

23. LALGT

24. Strizzy123

25. notthesnail

26. gonzo2186

27. spec.B Dream

28. SVX6

29. Scoobiedude

30. eqt2010

31. Fraggle

32. allwheeldrive

33. SnowBound BP5

34. goneskiian - wagon

35. msprank

36. elib

37. grocery getter

:yeahthat:

Personally I want a 3" all the way through. I wouldn't be happy with a 2 1/2" bottleneck at the start of the CBE.

Ditto. Are these adapters still available? My exhaust is all stock and I don't want to use and aftermarket DP.

I dont like the bottleneck. I have cut it out of my SPT CBE and my Cobb CBE. I asked for the three inch flat flange because I thought more members were like me.

Why have a 3" midpipe and start at 2.5"? Might as well have a 2.5" pipe at that point.

Unfortunately, asking for opinions just opens a can of worms. So, I am not asking for opinions. As mean as it sounds, its kind of tough. If you dont like it my way, dont buy it. Simple as that.

I did not have stock downpipes in mind with this CBE. If you are willing to spend $1000 on a CBE but want to keep your OEM downpipe, you are not my target market. These cars are out of production. Many are on their second or third owner. It is modders I am tryng to reach. As for the Cobb DP. I had one. I sold it. I now use CNT. That should tell you what I think about that.

Asking for opinions is why this has never been brought out before. CNT tried just this year and ran away because there is NO CONSENSUS. Too many opinions.

I spoke with Stroming on this already. They dont want to change what they have, it costs money. But they wholeheartedly agree with the "no opinions" mind set. They dont ask either. They make a product that they are happy with. You buy it or you dont. If not enough people buy it, they stop making it.

Not trying to be a dick. Just stating facts. Difficult to express "emotion" in interweb posts.

I dont like the bottleneck. I have cut it out of my SPT CBE and my Cobb CBE. I asked for the three inch flat flange because I thought more members were like me.

Why have a 3" midpipe and start at 2.5"? Might as well have a 2.5" pipe at that point.

Unfortunately, asking for opinions just opens a can of worms. So, I am not asking for opinions. As mean as it sounds, its kind of tough. If you dont like it my way, dont buy it. Simple as that.

I did not have stock downpipes in mind with this CBE. If you are willing to spend $1000 on a CBE but want to keep your OEM downpipe, you are not my target market. These cars are out of production. Many are on their second or third owner. It is modders I am tryng to reach. As for the Cobb DP. I had one. I sold it. I now use CNT. That should tell you what I think about that.

Asking for opinions is why this has never been brought out before. CNT tried just this year and ran away because there is NO CONSENSUS. Too many opinions.

I spoke with Stroming on this already. They dont want to change what they have, it costs money. But they wholeheartedly agree with the "no opinions" mind set. They dont ask either. They make a product that they are happy with. You buy it or you dont. If not enough people buy it, they stop making it.

Not trying to be a dick. Just stating facts. Difficult to express "emotion" in interweb posts.

The reality here is that the 2.5" vs 3" at the start of the pipe will make little difference at the power levels of 99% of the people buying this. What's more import is the flex joint. The stock 2.5 thing works well. However if you go to a 3" flat flange, make sure you put in that flex joint. You guys are getting a Stromung! Either way you win.

At stock to stage2 power levels the restriction costs you 1whp. At stage3 power levels I have seen it cost 3-4whp.

Are 99% of the buyers at stage2 and below?

I would be adding the same flex joint that Stromung has used for 5 years in the WRX CBE. They have reported ZERO failures of the flex in 5 years. By adding the smal flex section and the 3" flat flange the CBE should accommodate every aftermarket DP made. Even the Cobb, with an adapter. Otherwise everyone who does not use Cobb or OEM has to use an adapter.

I like full 3". Thats my opinion. If going full 3" adds $100 to cost then I can keep it 2.5". It cost $40 at my muffler shop to chop out the 2.5" restriction and add a 3" flat flange and 3" pipe. It is just not as pretty as if it is done by Stromung.

I wasn't complaining or suggesting changes. I know that I am the minority around here not going to stage 2, so I know that the smart business decision is to market to those who have DPs. So long as I can get an adapter to make this work I'd be happy.

Archived