LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on when we need to pony up the money, I could be in for it. I dont mind/kinda like the sound of my X02 with non-resonated mid, but the drone on the highway is killer, fitament sucks, and I do like the look of quad tip.

At least in for sound clips, dyno's, etc. :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

200% YES!!!!

Sorry, i just posted a question about this on your CNT downpipe thread.

Put me down fo' sho'.

And totally agree with you that resonated tips don't do JACK.

and megan looks crappy/flimsy and too OEM-like. the tips look like crap. +its a megan (no offense to megan owners)

like the look of the stromung.

I think the most important thing of the looks is that the twin tips on each side will be on the larger size.

And it will be great not having to worry about fitment and quality. i have been thinking about buying the crappy fitting invidia, and having it custom fit, but i know that can be a huge headache too.

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

People, this is a great opportunity. Everyone should jump on this.

what more do you need???? good fitment, good mature looks, performance, great sound without being obnoxious. No Brainer!!

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

I know its difficult without any visual or sound clip. But I have not made it yet. Its hard to say "just trust me". But in reality, thats what it is.

I have been around the block. I have seen the issue with all the rest and I want to make it right. I wont ask for your money until I have something to show. I just want to know that the interest is enough. If the interest is there, I make a pre-production unit and no one likes it, no money out of your pockets. The finacial risk is all mine. Thats why I want to know that someone is interested if I go forward.

Heck, even I want a quad tip. Just never liked the Megan and the Invidia was a huge let down.

I know its difficult without any visual or sound clip. But I have not made it yet. Its hard to say "just trust me". But in reality, thats what it is.

I have been around the block. I have seen the issue with all the rest and I want to make it right. I wont ask for your money until I have something to show. I just want to know that the interest is enough. If the interest is there, I make a pre-production unit and no one likes it, no money out of your pockets. The finacial risk is all mine. Thats why I want to know that someone is interested if I go forward.

Heck, even I want a quad tip. Just never liked the Megan and the Invidia was a huge let down.

I'm sure quite a few of us can trust you ;) Just that, as you know, there are way too many different tastes/tones/looks/etc that people like. So far, looks like there is a strong calling for something good. I can almost guarantee you that it will be a single run batch though, seeing as how the model is dead now and most of the enthusiasts have already bought something else for lack of an exhaust they want. And its hard to compete with things like X02's price point (even though fitament is absolutely horrific). But I'd say that a good quad tip, non drone, well built exhaust for under $600 (hopefully shipped price ;) hehe) would be a definite winner for quite a few folks around.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

A well made quad tip would be great. The Invidia sounds good in my opinion, but fitment is

too off, and I have been lucky to avoid the melted bumper.

In all honesty, making a well made product will cost money. R&D is not cheap, and money

obviously has to be made to even go forward. If quality is guaranteed and no shortcuts

are taken, I would not mind spending up to $1k shipped. $600 would be great, but let's

be honest this is not a system where hundreds fly off the shelf in a few months to bring

cost down. You have to pay to play.

You should also look into providing a Stage 2 tune package with Infamous to make the deal

even sweeter. One stop shop is always a great thing.

Tune packages are always available. Every day of the week.

I can keep R&D down, because it is my own labor. Other than the steel I need everything else is me. Biggest expense will be picking cans. Testing, well lets just say Shamar (Infamous1) owes me, LOL. So getting the important data I need might mean turning in a favor.

I have the ability to keep my costs down and pass on the savings. I cant beat XO2. But I can be reasonable. I dont have the overhead (yet) of the larger companies. Plus I own two of the cars myself to use for fit and mock up. So, you win.

Like I said in the beginning. If I can break even on this one, I am good. The product being out, and "buzz" it will generate are what I am looking for. This would not be the last product offering under my own name brand. Just the beginning.

I have the ability to keep my costs down and pass on the savings. I cant beat XO2. But I can be reasonable. I dont have the overhead (yet) of the larger companies. Plus I own two of the cars myself to use for fit and mock up. So, you win.

The Infamous Quad Tip is not a a direct competitor for cheap $300 exhausts and should not be compared. XO2, CX Lighting, and Gimmick kits. $300 exhausts are an improvement in performance over stock but are not a major appearance improvement (fitment issues) and conversations in car on the freeway can be challenging over the drone.

The $300 exhausts are exactly like the exhaust I used to put on my Hondas: less than perfect fitment, cheap and functional. I have run a $300 exhaust for a year and I am ready for a good one. The Infamous Quad Tip is a direct competitor with SPT and the like. If there is enough interest in this dual tip, some 4th gen owners are going to end up with an exhaust that looks as nice as a BMW M setup.

The Infamous Quad Tip is not a a direct competitor for cheap $300 exhausts and should not be compared. XO2, CX Lighting, and Gimmick kits. $300 exhausts are an improvement in performance over stock but are not a major appearance improvement (fitment issues) and conversations in car on the freeway can be challenging over the drone.

The $300 exhausts are exactly like the exhaust I used to put on my Hondas: less than perfect fitment, cheap and functional. I have run a $300 exhaust for a year and I am ready for a good one. The Infamous Quad Tip is a direct competitor with SPT and the like. If there is enough interest in this dual tip, some 4th gen owners are going to end up with an exhaust that looks as nice as a BMW M setup.

WTF do you know about a product that hadn't been made?

subscribe

I know you are not looking for suggestions, but...

Here are 2 ;)

If you do a single to double tip than you can make one can with one set of tips that can be adjusted for wagons and sedans, JDM bumper or USDM bumper...

Double wall tips. EVERYONE has done single wall and double wall just looks better. All the awesome JDM ones are double wall...

:spin:

WTF do you know about a product that hadn't been made? subscribe

Muffler quality alone will push the MSRP of this exhaust beyond the price of the $300 exhausts.

A high-quality muffler will remove the need for a resonator and still give a mellow yet agressive exhaust note..

Years in an exhaust shop and circuit racing will ensure that MSprank and Infamous Performance only carry high-quality, tested parts.

The Quad Tip will not go to manufacturing unless it is basically flawless.

I know a lot apparently! ;)

(I have had both CX Lighting and Gimmick Motorsports exhaust parts on my car, already done cheap and functional, now its time for sexy superstock look with full performance)

I know you are not looking for suggestions, but...

Here are 2 ;)

If you do a single to double tip than you can make one can with one set of tips that can be adjusted for wagons and sedans, JDM bumper or USDM bumper...

Not a bad idea. Just need to see what it looks like. I am visual.

thinking i might jump on board with this too maybe. The more i read if its twin tip and the tips are on the larger size i would like that. I had a MadDad Whisper twin tip on my 02 WRX and loved the look/sound of that thing.

Mike i know i've been picking your brain about exhaust lately and maybe the best thing to do is go with yours LOL You have answered alot of my questions and i'm gonna keep my eye on this. Leaning towards a YES

Not a bad idea. Just need to see what it looks like. I am visual.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/STi%20Swap/Exhaust/BackEnd1.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/STi%20Swap/Exhaust/BackEnd2.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/STi%20Swap/Exhaust/BackEnd3.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/STi%20Swap/Exhaust/Tips1.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/STi%20Swap/Exhaust/Tips2.jpg

It is MUCH easier to have a LITTLE adjustment with a single to dual tips than true dual tips. Plus you allow for wagons and sedans...

Dual wall gives more area for heat dissipation and air as an insulator. Less melted bumpers with good fitment ;)

:spin:

Something nice about fat quad tips. I personally like the single walled twin tips on each side. They NEED to be FATTT!!!!

Im guessing u will be using a mandrel bender and tig welding everything? Then making a jig with the prototype to be able to bang out the other 19 or however many you'll make?

Please make this happen. Im all over this. And, All the guys with the cheapo exhausts that rust out and fall apart will eventually fork up the money for a real exhaust. And for around $600? That would simply be amazing!

I'm definitely interested pending details. I originally really liked my SPT exhaust but the note with the twinscroll comes off a bit flat and the y-pipe construction/baffled cans aren't really what I want out of a CBE. Also, the y-pipe contacts my Whiteline rear sway on the passenger side, although I may switch to the Hotchkis bars soon.

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

5. drkknight99

6. elchrispy

7. 300zx2g35

8. toshiba2.5

9. micmicmotorbike

10. sleeper8406

11. stowny

12. Underdog