LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

06/07 wrx 4 pots front and 2 pots rear they use the same 294mm big rotors but now you have more stopping force. They stock color is red with subaru written on the 4 pots. You can find these on impreza forums going for around 500-900 depending on what all that person is including in the sale. 17 inch wheels are required to clear these

You can always save up and get on the hunt for 04 sti Brakes. They are a 4pot front and 2 pot rear system with the use of 324mm rotors. Come from the factory powder coated gold with brembo on both front and rear you cant miss them. These go for a pretty penny at 700-1100 depending on what all is included in the sale. Certain 17 inch wheels will fit them, most 18s will as well.

Stoptech also makes a 4 pot system but they use larger rotors along with brembo, endless and other brake companies. But get ready to sell your 3rd unborn child as new these sets go for 1500-5000!

hope this helps

hey zues some more info on the seats and steering wheels. I picked up a wrx steering wheel and finishing my diy for it so ill post that up shortly

97-01 2.5rs seats

02-03 wrx seats

04-07 wrx seats

08-09 wrx seats

04-09 wrx sti seats

all of these seats will fit that I know of. newer model seats would possibly fit on but not sure about those i am sure about the other years that I listed.

Steering wheel

disclaimer: JDM legacy wheels will not work in our cars that goes for the GT, RS, and GTB JDM Steering wheels

02-03 WRX steering wheel

note:

-There are different variations of colors

-02 JDM wrx airbags are plug and play 03 JDM some have same problem as the 03 usdm(read below)

-all 02 wrx steering wheels will be plug and play with your airbag connector, 03 wrx air bags have a different connector but will physically fit in. You can splice out the the connectors but at your own risk and not recommended.

-To use your cruise control you will need to swap the modules in the steering wheel.

V8 JDM sti wheel

all the same rules apply for putting this wheel on

Edited by WESTcoast
add more stuff

Yeah the handle the that the shift knob screws onto.

I'm talking about this

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/Kartboy-Short-Shifter-and-Bushing-Combo-Subaru-Impreza-2-5-RS-2002-2007-WRX-w-SPT-STI-Shifter

everything in that kit

BTW - just chatted with Rick C at RallySport Direct and confirmed that this will fit the 98-01 Legacys.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• I Donated
BTW - just chatted with Rick C at RallySport Direct and confirmed that this will fit the 98-01 Legacys.

It will fit all of the BD Legacys. I have it installed on my 95. And my 95 uses the same linkage as my 97.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I bought a Rear Up Strut Bar Impreza 1994 1995 96 97 98 99 00 01 on Ebay, and it did NOT fit in my sedan. The holes did not match up, so I am noting it here, I am not sure why I bought this one, but I will look for one that belongs for my 1998 LGT Sedan.

I bought a Rear Up Strut Bar Impreza 1994 1995 96 97 98 99 00 01 on Ebay, and it did NOT fit in my sedan. The holes did not match up, so I am noting it here, I am not sure why I bought this one, but I will look for one that belongs for my 1998 LGT Sedan.

I thought it was WRX rears that we are supposed to use?

Baddog,

I thought so too, but in this post:

the strut bars wont fit as the width of the wrx's are wider. you will need to look for gc impreza 95-01 struts bars both fronts and rears. get the low profile ones with just the bar going straight across as if you were to get one the angled ones meant for jdm turbo rs's you will have to turn the bar around so that the hood can close properly.

as for the tie bar. i got no clue and the car in that picture isnt a subaru( most common subarus 95 and up have thier exhaust on the drivers side and there is no rear diff on that car lol)

made me change my mind. I goofed.

I might, they are cheap enough, but I would prefer to just get ones made for the vehicle. What do you think I should do? Should I buy cheap $30 ones off eBay or get legit ones? Does it matter on performance?

So what about us that are not in JDM land? What body parts from an STI or WRX would swap onto my 95 legacy if any? Or any aftermarket bumpers or body parts could i look at?

Basically you are asking if you can swap Impreza body parts onto a Legacy? No, you can't.

yeah that wont fit, impreza for the front, wrx for the rear, everything ive linked fits for sure, as ive used most of those exact links for my own car..

not saying anything to you in specific, but to everyone posting contradicting things; essentially it all comes down to the linked items-they fit.

My understanding is the better brand one are stiffer. They don't flex like the Ebay bars do.

this is true, but the amount of flex is miniscule in these bars... small enough to save yourself an extra $100+ unless you're using your car on the track.. ALOT

So what about us that are not in JDM land? What body parts from an STI or WRX would swap onto my 95 legacy if any? Or any aftermarket bumpers or body parts could i look at?

ebay search 'jdm legacy' to find most jdm parts for the body

also look out for rare parts on japanese auction sites like rinkya.com