LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

Yeah I could do something like that. Is that black piece from the stock intake? I havent taken a good look at it before. Thought about making my own but it might be cheaper to buy that ebay one and modd it.

And off subject question: does the 2.5rs have the same 2.5 that the GT is running?

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats actually holding that piece to the intake? Is it mechanically attached somehow or is the epoxy holding it in?

If its the latter, you may want to reconsider how your fastening it. The intake should see a decent amount of vibration regularly and if its just glued in it may not hold.

Quick Edit: On second glance is that JB weld?

• 2 weeks later...
if i wanted to use, say a 05 sti center console with the dual cupholders, could I relocate my ebrake or use the sti ebrake? (ebrake goes from right side of console to left side). Or could that cause issues? thanks

When I was at the exhaust shop I was told I couldn't have a hi-flow cat put on? Because he said I need both cats and both 02 sensors. I know this.

What did everyone else do?

are the factory cats really that restrictive?

It's a 96. Could be old and going. For the price I didn't see the down fall to it. But I don't plan on doing it at this point. Waiting for someone to balls up and get some Single Port headers done.

That will complete my exhaust.

Because, starting in April 1999, 2.2L Legacys came with MAP sensors instead of MAFs??? Check your build date... could be the issue.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -