LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I am pretty sure the caliper bracket is there to support the bigger rotor and caliper.

I will let someone else chime in. But I am 95% sure you will need to use the new caliper.

i think u just need the 02-04 wrx rear caliper......not sure if the 98 ones would work...

So I've been following this thread because I plan to do my brakes sometime in the future too...

Ok the fronts are clear: 2002-2004 wrx rotors, pads, calipers, caliper brackets.

Now the rears, the H6 upgrade for my car would need the rotors, pads, calipers, brackets off a 2000+ outback or legacy....

And did I pick up on the fact that, the ss lines for the 2002-2004 wrx will fit the fronts but I need different lines for the rears if I were to do the H6?

i think u just need the 02-04 wrx rear caliper......not sure if the 98 ones would work...

So does this mean it would be better to build a sort of "hybrid" rear H6 caliper setup on a second-gen LGT? In other words:

[A] WRX rear calipers, plus

H6 caliper brackets, plus

[C] H6 rear rotors, plus

[D] any of a variety of WRX rear pads to choose from, thus the advantage of choosing WRX calipers

OR

...are all the calipers the same no matter WRX or H6, and only the brackets are different? If so, then finding a complete H6 caliper with bracket would seem to be easier than trying to find calipers from a WRX to go along with brackets from H6, if indeed the WRX calipers and H6 calipers are actually the same part.

Sorry for all these questions, I'm just trying to wrap my brain around which car came with what part, and which Lego clicks together with what other Lego :)

can we add this, this what all you need for the WRX front and H6 rear brake upgrade

I have done this to my LGT so i can help answer questions

all you need is:

WRX front brackets(20 bucks a side from autozone)

WRX Calipers

WRX sized Rotors

WRX brake pads

H6 rear brackets(autozone has these for 20 bucks a side)

H6 sided rear Rotors

H6 Calipers

H6 brake pads

brake cleaner (to clean off any excess brake fluid you might of spilled on the rotors,pads, etc)

optional(but should be done)

stainless steel lines(stock ones will work, but adding the support of and consistency of the ss lines is a important)

flushing your brake fluid replacing it with your favorite brake fluid (super blue, Robul, Castro, etc)

install guides

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2nd-gen-lgt-brake-upgrades-wrx-front-and-h6-rear-154702.html

and www.knsbrakes.com is a great one stop shop to pick up all the parts you need but there are other places to buy

Edited by WESTcoast

ive always likes the ebc pads enough to not know how hps is ha

I have been the opposite. I have always heard great things about the ebc but have always used hps. A friend of mine just put ebc on one of his cars and said he likes it better than hps. Well nuf said I will give the ebc a try on my next pad swap.

Also the equal length header link doesnt work anymore. The one that fits our cars is just the one for the 2.5rs right? Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-05-SUBARU-IMPREZA-2-5RS-EJ25-OBX-CERAMIC-HEADER-/390284091537?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5adebea091

Edited by 0Tyrael0

any body have experience with which camber bolts are best. Also should i just get all 4 done at the same time

I bought eibach camber bolts for the rear as the guys couldnt get the car to align just the way i wanted to. I plan to put them in and the ones i got were for a good price!

http://www.jscspeed.com/catalog/Subaru/02_07_WRX_STI/Suspension/Alignment_Tuning_Components_for_02_07_Subaru_WRX_STI/Camber_Adjustment_Components_for_02_07_Subaru_WRX_STI.html

18 bucks cant beat that!

you really dont need them for all 4 necessarily but if your stock camber bolts cant get you to that certain alignment then getting a pair for front or rear i they are having a problem aligning

the strut bars wont fit as the width of the wrx's are wider. you will need to look for gc impreza 95-01 struts bars both fronts and rears. get the low profile ones with just the bar going straight across as if you were to get one the angled ones meant for jdm turbo rs's you will have to turn the bar around so that the hood can close properly.

as for the tie bar. i got no clue and the car in that picture isnt a subaru( most common subarus 95 and up have thier exhaust on the drivers side and there is no rear diff on that car lol)

I found a good intake pipe deal on Ebay from OBX. Its just the piping for a CAI but is super cheap and has all necessary ports for our 94-98 Legacies (4 Total).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99-SUBARU-IMPREZA-2-5RS-OBX-DIY-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-PIPE-/390289291596?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru&hash=item5adf0df94c