LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The project hasn't really started nor am I getting the impression it will, aside from just talking about it.

Good luck should you ever decide to do something, frank_ster. /unsubscribe

Yep, all except for this post...

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88155&d=1280596803

Looks like a Buick engine in a Subaru to me.

sory guys been swaped with work. just got back from the west cost.

I had a laser cut ring made with 3 holes in it this ring will be welded to the front of the torqconverter the holes tapped. so the stock gm flex plate will be used.

the motor plate wil be 1" thick aluminum waterjet cut with both bolt patterns cut in to it and counter sunk in the nessasary places.

i need to procure a new tig. since the chineese one for 400$ died. then i will start fitting up the headders.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

So the Frankenstein Legacy is still on its way! :) Could be fun to see the end result in a video.

In some cases a more expensive tool is worth it's money. I think that I would check out a welder from Kemppi if I were to purchase something for more extensive work.

453747.png

What are you doing working... we want results and we want them NOW! :lol:

Well I suppose you DO need a way to fund this project. Looks good so far, keep it up I can't way to see a vid and some completed pics.

Well I have pretty much everything procured already.

I bought a legacy wagon 2.5i last week for my maw.

And it's great

I have been working 60-70 hours a week mostly oversees so I'm taking it easy for a few days before I dive in to the 3.8 subie full blast

I had a laser cut ring made with 3 holes in it this ring will be welded to the front of the torqconverter the holes tapped. so the stock gm flex plate will be used.

the motor plate wil be 1" thick aluminum waterjet cut with both bolt patterns cut in to it and counter sunk in the nessasary places.

Ok, so how do you go about getting stuff like this made? Do you send the crankcase and transmission to the shop for them to use as a guide, or do you measure everything and send them a diagram, or...

I get a kick out of projects like this. I'd love to build a frankenstein vehicle some day, but I don't even know where to start.

Ok, so how do you go about getting stuff like this made? Do you send the crankcase and transmission to the shop for them to use as a guide, or do you measure everything and send them a diagram, or...

I get a kick out of projects like this. I'd love to build a frankenstein vehicle some day, but I don't even know where to start.

u use a document scanner when ever i can, then simply drop that off in autocad trace out what i need scale it and send to laser cut shop.

if you guys need anything laser cut just scan it with a ruler in the image and i'll make a few .. we have things laser cut every day so i sneek a few things in here and there.

481217776_howtomakeboltpatterns.thumb.jpg.5a60490935de657019043b0abfa1c856.jpg

393227961_3.8headerflange.thumb.jpg.882120c24e508d47ad30369de25d769b.jpg

flywheel.thumb.jpg.fd45217d1533f71a0a659a31923007b4.jpg

AutoCAD! Old school!

I'm pretty excited to see how this plays out.

What have you decided about the hood clearance?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

AutoCAD! Old school!

I'm pretty excited to see how this plays out.

What have you decided about the hood clearance?

slam hood :):lol:

all this makes me wish I put more effort in during college and actually used my engineering degree in my work today..... Having a BSME and working at a bank sucks....

wow, that's a hell of a career u-turn...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

u use a document scanner when ever i can, then simply drop that off in autocad trace out what i need scale it and send to laser cut shop.

if you guys need anything laser cut just scan it with a ruler in the image and i'll make a few .. we have things laser cut every day so i sneek a few things in here and there.

Very cool, and thanks for the offer!

I will try to think of something interesting to make... :)

Well that's just brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...
I just got in a set of push rods in as well with bunch of fittings for the fuel system and turbo drain. So I will assemble the rest of the engine and drop that bitch in !