LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got in a set of push rods in as well with bunch of fittings for the fuel system and turbo drain. So I will assemble the rest of the engine and drop that bitch in !

Can't wait to see the rest of the build. I think it is freaking awesome that you have the mechanical knowledge and ability to be able to do this kind of swap. It will be awesome.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Yay push rods fit !! The long block is assembled megasquirt 2 assembled as well as the megashift. The rwd - 4wd conversion has been done.

Now I gotta go back to warshington and show some mericans what to do :D

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

have to give you props for this! Cant wait to see pictures.....

If I every do anything crazy it will be a H6 in my 97 outback.... but i want something like a H6 out of a tribeca.... I forget the hp/tq numbers now but it would be a really sweet upgrade for my older car.

The project hasn't really started nor am I getting the impression it will, aside from just talking about it.

Good luck should you ever decide to do something, frank_ster. /unsubscribe

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:spin::spin::spin:

I think you are proving him WRONG!!!!

Keep up the awesome work and teaser updates.... can't wait to see it in action.... you do realize we are gonna wanna see some youtube footage :rolleyes:

This is soooooooooo cool! I have been following this thread for a while. I have an 86 T-Type and from experience I know this car will run like a bat outta $%#@! My car is almost 3800 pounds with me in it and I ran a low 11 spinning out of the hole.:icon_chee

I have a question: I've taken the tranny out of of my car twice. Without going thru all the threads....are you using the LGT tranny or the turbo buick tranny? If you are using the turbo Buick tranny have you already taken measurements on fitting it into the Subaru? Bell housing the turbo buick tranny seems much larger than on the LGT??

Just curious.

I know I offered once already but let me know if you need any turbo buick parts.

Awesome project!

What is a stock LGT Automatic good for after it has been beefed up?

Since no one has ever pushed one past 400whp before, either stock or fully built, there are no past examples. But I get the feeling it won't be a big issue for Frankster.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Since no one has ever pushed one past 400whp before, either stock or fully built, there are no past examples. But I get the feeling it won't be a big issue for Frankster.

That's my feeling, too. :)

With fank_ster's mad skills, if it breaks, I'm sure he'll figure out some way to make it better. :)

Edited by TSi+WRX

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

the thing i was realy worried about was the centerdiffrential but i have eliminated it with my rwd / 4wd modification. and megasquirt's megashift will shift it for me. as long as i can make sure the shifts are about 1/4 second. the clutch packs will last. also with megasquirt i can kill the engine during shifts to help the tranny out if nessasary. but i have already went over this early in this thread!

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I didn't know if these were ever seen, but the OP can do this. if this person can do 8, then why wouldn't 6 fit? :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8eAc84KJRs&feature=related]YouTube - ls1subaru.avi[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79o0-gqqUVI]YouTube - LS1 Subaru teaser[/ame]

Wow - I've been away too long. V8 (RWD) and V6 (AWD) swaps. :eek:

I can't wait to see this results of this project - V6 AWD Subuick. :p

Edited by NewLegGT67
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p