LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

I'm going to try and read through all 91 pages (my god lol:lol:) and try to follow along.

But the part I'm most interested in how you got the 5eat to work. Would you say you could put a 5eat into another Subaru with what you've done here?

I know yours is still in the car it came with, but I'm wanting to swap one into a much older Subaru and you seem to be the only one who has made any progress with them.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
I have been looking at this thread over the years, I have a love for older GM but love my Subaru's. My wife's Forester reminded me of it again because I absolutely hate the engine in hers. I obviously want to know if this thing is still going, but does anyone here know if a Subaru 4EAT can be controlled separately from a GM PCM?

• 11 months later...

Hey guys been a while

The buckaru still exists but life got in the way

I sold it to a friend. The engine is fresh rebuilt. But I couldn’t get it started after putting the engine back in no crank signal

I changed everything and even begin removing the Buick ignition module and direct wires the crank and cam signals to the megasquirt 3 and still wouldn’t work. But I didn’t spend more than a few hours on it since 2015

I’m currently living in Europe I have a tiger 955 I motorcycle and looking to live on a sail boat. I’m a mile from the Mediterranean at the moment.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

The coil pack could have died.

i tried 3 different ones ! arg . anyways i have moved on .. looking at a lagoon 380 catamaran in turkey tomorrow :)

damn, dude. living your best life. glad to hear you're still doing crazy shit.

bought a triumph tiger 955 in germany i did 20 k km through europe last summer, down through portugal and spain and back.

The timing gear are plastic on those, maybe they broke if original.

plastic capped, the plastic often falls off and falls to the bottom but still runs fine

mine has steel silent type and was brand new as the engine was just rebuilt after the crank shaft broke back in 2014

• 3 years later...