LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

Oh man.....

That's way beyond my shallow pool of knowledge - so all I can do is send positive thoughts the way of frank_ster....

But yeah, this thread is awesome - just like I thought it would be when I first saw it (and frank_ster's name as the thread author) back in June. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how so ? do you have some insider info or some thing ? :lol:

:lol:

I read the MegaShift fact sheet immediately after it was brought to my attention by someone, and it seems like a perfect way to solve the stock TCU issues just like someone said. Perhaps trick the stock TCU to always be in sport shift mode so you get the cluster to always say what gear you're in :). But then it might try to pull timing if it detects a shift when it didn't request one... Well time for me to catch up on the 5eat manual to make some solid plans :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

mega squirt is not only fuel management ! it controls spark timming boost, launch control fans fuel pump what ever !

and i had it running normally for two minuits ! the tach worked ! so it is very possible.

security system is not an issue because i'm replicating the stock engine. and the key switch and all that stuff is still there.

and i backed it out of the garage and drove back in on its own power !

sad side is i have to remove the a/c system for room for the rad and fans. maybe i will reinstall the a/c at a later time but i need to get this thing moving !

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

one thing more i will try is to machine a block of steel or aluminum to place the subie crank sensor in insead of it hanging of by mount. maybe there is some funky feild generation thing going on ..

you frank_ster are either an engineering mastermind or one hell of a computer graphics guru.... I'm still debating. After seeing blue people fly through the woods in Avatar... anything is possible.. are you George Lucas in disguise working on your next project?!?!

haha not yet i'm riping my hair out trying to get the subie ecm to take tach signal ! expecially since it did it for two minuits ! now i just can't get it to do it again.

you frank_ster are either an engineering mastermind or one hell of a computer graphics guru.... I'm still debating. After seeing blue people fly through the woods in Avatar... anything is possible.. are you George Lucas in disguise working on your next project?!?!

People are going to feel so cheated when they find out that this whole thread is just a photoshop exercise. :lol:

Seriously though, this is currently my favorite thread. Keep the pics coming!

The Buick motor is distributor-less, that was part of the magic of good ignition timing with a turbo and gave the up and coming "chip tuners" lots of control. There are options to run that as a standalone.

The Buick ECU has been hacked to the moon and back, seems like using one of those in combo with the Subie ECU would be a good option.

My bad, I should have known it was DIS since 87 and 88 Beretta's were using that then.

what turbo ?

going to be in the same place as i had the holset on 2.5 in stock location but twisted.

I just need to make the up pipes. having some laser cut peices made for flanges.

next step is mount the rad and power steering and altenator.

Edited by frank_ster

You should start it up and do a walkaround next time! You know, stick the camera in and around the engine bay.

Is hard to do that with video editing and CGI software! :lol:

I can't wait to see it finished!

X

---

You should start it up and do a walkaround next time! You know, stick the camera in and around the engine bay.

yep .. talking with jhon cameron and gorge lucas to make it possible :cool:

what turbo ?

going to be in the same place as i had the holset on 2.5 in stock location but twisted.

I just need to make the up pipes. having some laser cut peices made for flanges.

next step is mount the rad and power steering and altenator.

I saw the front mount, but in previous pics/vids didnt not see a turbo, thats why I asked... Is there gonna be enough room with the heads AND exhaust squeezing into a small area

so motor mounts ..

the small steel tube will be bolteh trough the adapter plate and bell housing . the large outer tube will have a braket attached and bolted to the frame.

the difference will be a poly urathane billet shoved in ..

oh and i got a little agressive with the rad support so its GONE hehhehe

be agressive be be agressive !

IMG_0087.thumb.jpg.4ca148b900ec55678c228283396ca4cd.jpg

IMG_0088.thumb.jpg.2356c2f597bb7f08c0aa715176a22d57.jpg

IMG_0089.thumb.jpg.31c606f93dc846b909aadf38f29dc865.jpg

IMG_0090.thumb.jpg.f2f1a7f47c7b16058cc0c652511ae223.jpg

IMG_0091.thumb.jpg.30fc209d52ae289f3ee75e5022430d8b.jpg

IMG_0092.thumb.jpg.dcfd635115043d002c655ebffdebc06d.jpg

IMG_0093.thumb.jpg.bd2e4618cc7ad07401cada46f6496bbe.jpg

Edited by frank_ster