LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the only mounting spot you'll use for the motor? Just bolting through the adapter plate?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

So the solution to no room for the radiator was to redo the front entirely?

You get me email?

yep and this way i can keep the a/c

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

This is very fun to watch.

GM V-6's really do not get enough respect when it comes to performance. When I was building up my little V-6 Fiero GT everybody kept telling me to give up and just swap in a V-8. But when I finally got it finished and put it on the Dyno they shut up immediately.

Good luck with your build!

yep.

Awesome! What are you using for the mount material? Window-weld? Or are you going to fabricate a polyurethane bushing to press in?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Awesome! What are you using for the mount material? Window-weld? Or are you going to fabricate a polyurethane bushing to press in?

want to make a nice bushing will see later on today.

That was insane. Looked fun, but holy crap that's dangerous.

Dog is thinking the same as a lot of us, why ?

I understand, don't worry. It great to watch this being done, good luck.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

will it be powerful enough to top this Buick?

video is about 8 years old, and we are lucky we are not doing jail time for manslaughter.

Interesting how a person's perspective can change over the years... :)

You might want to consider a smaller crankshaft pulley, or a larger alternator pulley. It looks like the alternator will be turning about 3.5 times the crankshaft RPM the with the present setup. You may spin the guts right out of it.

You might want to consider a smaller crankshaft pulley, or a larger alternator pulley. It looks like the alternator will be turning about 3.5 times the crankshaft RPM the with the present setup. You may spin the guts right out of it.

Looks pretty much like every other gm setup I have seen, I don't see why it would be a problem I am sure the alternator can take some rpms.

interested to see what you do for things like the engine braking clutch with the MegaShift.

They will just be engaged all the time with thier specific gear

Knew you would have a simple answer for an overthought problem.

Here's another (being more selfish now): if you weren't to have eliminated the center diff clutch connection to the drive shaft, what wound you do for the center diff control? Leave it unlocked except under heavy load? I was thinking it would be fun to switch it in series with potentially the lateral G sensor or other fun controls, but again surely overthinking it.

If you don't mind documenting your pinout for the MegaShift, that would be awesome so we could :fingerscrossed: also borrow your MegaShift settings and save a lot of time replicating what you already have. Pretty please :D:D:D

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]