LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

PMed Bryan... I wont be doing this until LATE this year if i do it... But if I can run the 16G through my Topmount without heat soaking too much... And it will hit my HP goals...

If not and the VF52 is that BAD... I guess ill stick with my current setup. its quick enough.... I guess

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the end, either turbo will get you there. The differences are, in the end, minor. The 52 spools a little slower and is more expensive when new vs. new is compared. But, it comes with a warranty from SoA. I'm not sure if BNR covers anything with a warranty but I'd be surprised if they didn't. What makes me say the EvoIII is that it features a higher quality Mitsu center section instead of the IHI innards. Does that mean that a VF52 will only last 5K miles? No, properly taken care of, either should do thousands of miles. But, it's a piece of mind thing.

Kinda sad stock. Friends evo8 with 280 cams bolt ons and a 9 turbo is running 380ish+ i think... Doesnt tell me too much. But really just bolt ons cams and a different STOCK turbo... and BOOM

i was thinking same thing but.... could be a low reading dyno. it is a 80hp80tq gain on what apears 2 be a low reading dyno, so if on a high reading dyno could be a 100/100 gain over stock.

The evo tho needs some biger injectors 2 put the high numbers down. Raise that 22 psi to 30 psi or so and it will throw huge #'s down (dont know what boost evos can hold)

Kinda sad stock. Friends evo8 with 280 cams bolt ons and a 9 turbo is running 380ish+ i think... Doesnt tell me too much. But really just bolt ons cams and a different STOCK turbo... and BOOM

I would question the integrity of the dyno your friend is using or the story your friend is giving you.

A lot of evo owners hustle. They drop weight from their car, but call it stock interior, they say they make XXXhp on pump, but its 100 from the pump or e85 from the pump, and sometimes they crank up the boost to 30psi for the dyno run but never drive it that way on the street. When racing an evo i trust the story i get from the guy on mods only as far as i can throw him and the car together.

Looking at EFI's dyno database, no stock turbo evo 8 9 or 10 -including their race car on race fuel, makes that kind of power.

I know what he runs. 93 octane. the cams and bolt ons with a evo 9 turbo. Daily driven and beaten on. on a low reading mustang dyno he was putting down 360wheel. And Ive seen the dyno sheet from a higher reading dynojet i believe... and it was well over 380whp.

And he beats on that thing like NO other... it holds up better than ANY subaru ive seen. And he is doing it at i think 22-24psi. I forget which.

I'm not trying to start a huge pissing match with you but a stock turbo evo isn't going to make what a fp red evo does. It's just not going to happen. There isn't enough displacement or turbo to do it. If it makes that power it's not an evo 9 turbo. He probably did the cbrd stock turbo housing with compressor upgrade or an fp white on stock housings and is doing a standard evo hustle.

Thank you... Pricci. You need to come out to some of the meets. Wanna see your car.

Yea I have been meaning too come out to one. Let me know when the next one is! Will you be in oc this weekend?

Cant make it to OC.... Family shit! Trying for hyperfest!

And most subie owners hate on EVOs... they are BETTER platforms for performance... PERIOD.

Cams alone jumped my firends car 50hp... with a tune of course. that was BEFORE the EVO9 turbo... So sorry...

no 16g is going to power any car to over 400whp on 93 octane.

Ive seen evo's make impressive power on stock turbos. Im not knocking them, I like them alot. But to get the kind of numbers you all are talking about on an evo 8 takes Comp 280 cams, full fueling, tubular exhaust manifolds, intake manifold, all the rest of the bolt ons, and run 24psi with meth or E85

Archived