LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

Eveything should be going down in another week.

Everyone expected it to happen sooner but I had to cancel a tune we are waiting to see if the 500 still wants to play and the Audi asked for an extra week to get his chip and intake.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So any of these runs happening anytime soon?

and +1 for Hill and Agile... Wish I had the money for my VF52/injectors/pump/IC spray bar/Agile tune..... Modest goal of 300+ whp/tq

I certainly can't judge your financial situation but you could make the whole deal happen for under 2k. DW gives you a credit on injectors, a BNR 16g is cheaper and better than the vf option and you could score a used ic for 450ish.

I certainly can't judge your financial situation but you could make the whole deal happen for under 2k. DW gives you a credit on injectors, a BNR 16g is cheaper and better than the vf option and you could score a used ic for 450ish.

Have a perrin top mount. Staying with it and opting to put a water spray bar on it. And just run ice water in the summer.

More info on the BNR... really havent heard of them before.

Want a spray bar as well. Keep it cool in the summer.

But why the BNR 16G over the similarly sized Vf52... and the 52 can hit the same power levels or higher...(16G on their site is saying MAX of 300hp)

IMO they are both about the same size turbo.......... just MO.

I do think that BNR's turbo will last longer, VF52s don't seem to last all that long.

What is the difference in price from a new BNR turbo to a VF52 to a used VF52?

I never blew up my VF40 either.

I still think the mitsu cartridges have a better track record then FHI.

+1, better ability to handle higher boost, afaik.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Special cars get special pricing. Anyone who buys a really nice or special car and thinks cost of ownership will be "reasonable" has their head in the clouds. Even the newest Lexus LS with its remarkable reliability record far and away better than the competition still has a very high cost of ownership. For those who want a "reasonable" car to own, buy something from a very limited production run, like 100,000. Or get out the toolbox...

Or make really good friends with a mechanic and buy a lot of beer...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I never blew up my VF40 either.

I still think the mitsu cartridges have a better track record then FHI.

Absolutley 100% in agreement here, although my Blouch VF40 is amazingly stout. Probably because it has mitsu internals?

Mitsu turbos are good units.

ok so here is my questions then....

The BNR is concidered MUCH mroe reliable than the VF52?

What is the power production difference between the VF52 and the BNR 16G turbo?

As I have read that with intake/up/TBE/Perrin TMIC a VF52 with injectors/pump and a tune will break wel into the low 300s WHP wise....

Where as the BNR says the 16G maxs at 300hp... is that even wheel?

The issue here is that no one has really done a full-bore 16G on a LGT yet. Just about all of them have been on stg2 cars with low boost. I don't think anyone has done a Walbro/3" DP/big TMIC/injectors on an EvoIII so it's hard to tell what it's capable. On the other hand, there are quite a few cars with DW's, a pump, and a 52.:spin:

Well I have the up/3" TBE and a perrin TMIC... and i want to add a water spray bar for the TMIC as well. I am just looking for th eMOST reliable and least likely to kill my engine/trans setup that also nets me 300+ AWHP... And I dont plan on increasing boost from the 17-18psi I am at now. are those goal reachable with either setup?

As to why after reading I like the VF52/inj/pump/tune setup. I like tried and true methods.

I am not here to be biast about my products. The truth is I wouldn't put an IHI turbo back on my car. They are fragile and unreliable.

The VF52 and the EVO both suit your needs. The good thing about the EVO is the power will not fall off as hard up in the top RPM. That shows you that the turbine wheel is much more free flowing in the Mitsubishi unit.

Saw this in this thread. If I were you Biggie, I'd do the evo and run 18-20 psi.

I can't wait to get my BNR TD05H-20G in though

Archived