LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

Its going down folks. Trash talk at work has been ramping up about whos car is swinging the big stick. Ill admit, Ive been running my mouth a little in good fun. So here it is:

Ive been given lee-way(obviosly) to get the car tuned. I am rescheduled to get tuned on the 28th, so this is still a couple weeks out......but we are working on securing a closed section of road so everything is kosher + flaggers and video. we thought about using the local drag strip (option 2) but that wont allow us to run from a roll. This section of road closed to the public, if we can get it, is ideal.

1- First up is my buddy with the EVO 8. We have run before from a 40mph roll, both with basic cobb stage 2 ots maps/mods and i spanked him and he is looking for payback with more mods. EVO 8 mods: 3" catless, intake, FMIC/piping upgrade, HKS boost controller, lightweight flywheel, lightweight wheels, 272deg Cams, protune at 25psi.

2- Next is another co-worker. car: 2008 Audi RS4. huge ego, all stock, but a true hot seat driver with lots of track time. Small chance it may have an APR chip upgrade and intake for race.

3- Another co-worker. No idea what this guy is thinking. Bone stock 2009(10?) RX-8. Actually told me the only way he would race is if I had "alot of work done to my car" to make it fair.

4- My boss. 2008 Shelby GT500/manual/drop top. All stock. This is the one Im worried about. The best time I could find for these things is like 12's at 114-115(on a coupe and this is a drop top) Im curious if I can pull this off. I cant count him 100% in right now because he doesnt think the race is worth his time. But both the RS4 and I are egging him on. (the rs4 thinks he can get him on driving skill) As far as I can tell If I hit the 330 mark or better, I can at least stay with it pulling 114 traps.

5- My buddy with the 2010 WRX wagon(DaBroom). Stage 2/Cobb OTS.

My plan of attack: Pull the spare tire and all the trunk junk, rear seats, passenger seat, and maybe some speakers, door panels and seat belts. Ill be getting tuned for 3 maps. a low boost pump, a high boost pump, and a 100oct map. My plan would be to obviously run the 100oct map if I can.

We will have video.....thoughts? Im predicting a win across all 5, with the mustang being tight on pump, and fairly solid on race.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like a great idea man! I was doing some pulls against my buddies rs4 pretty recently. I won't give away how it went between him and my 05 at stage 2 pro tuned . I would suggest multiple people videoing from multiple angles as well as in car camera shots. I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully you can land a nice stretch of closed road!

Sounds like a great idea man! I was doing some pulls against my buddies rs4 pretty recently. I won't give away how it went between him and my 05 at stage 2 pro tuned . I would suggest multiple people videoing from multiple angles as well as in car camera shots. I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully you can land a nice stretch of closed road!

Im honestly not sweating the RS4. He thinks he has me absolutely dead to rights, but best I can tell this car is trapping sub 110mph, which will be an easy kill......

U experience something different? spoil it :)

Cams make Evo's quick so just be ready. The factory turbo still flows good air at 25psi but your 20G (correct?) should take him. The Audi is heavy but a good driver will make up for some of that. The RX-8 is dead and the WRX, while quick with the '52, should go down with no issues. The Shelby will be your toughest, I agree. More power than you but probably 700-900lbs heavier, especially being a convertible.

I never get challenges like this!

The guy in the RX8 is an idiot. That car can't outrun anything -- it runs mid 14s if driven to perfection. It would have lost by 5-6 car lengths when you were stock.

Why race from a roll? It's truly the weakest form of racing if you think about it.....all you have to do is mash the gas and go.

At least from a dig you have to get the launch right and rope through the gears with skill.

If you really thing about it, racing from a dig is still weak sauce compared to road racing, where you do crazy stuff like use your brakes and steering wheel !! :lol:

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Why race from a roll? It's truly the weakest form of racing if you think about it.....all you have to do is mash the gas and go.

At least from a dig you have to get the launch right and rope through the gears with skill.

If you really thing about it, racing from a dig is still weak sauce compared to road racing, where you do crazy stuff like use your brakes and steering wheel !! :lol:

I love racing from a roll! It really shows what car is faster imo....

Its going down folks. Trash talk at work has been ramping up about whos car is swinging the big stick. Ill admit, Ive been running my mouth a little in good fun. So here it is:

Ive been given lee-way(obviosly) to get the car tuned. I am rescheduled to get tuned on the 28th, so this is still a couple weeks out......but we are working on securing a closed section of road so everything is kosher + flaggers and video. we thought about using the local drag strip (option 2) but that wont allow us to run from a roll. This section of road closed to the public, if we can get it, is ideal.

1- First up is my buddy with the EVO 8. We have run before from a 40mph roll, both with basic cobb stage 2 ots maps/mods and i spanked him and he is looking for payback with more mods. EVO 8 mods: 3" catless, intake, FMIC/piping upgrade, HKS boost controller, lightweight flywheel, lightweight wheels, 272deg Cams, protune at 25psi.

2- Next is another co-worker. car: 2008 Audi RS4. huge ego, all stock, but a true hot seat driver with lots of track time. Small chance it may have an APR chip upgrade and intake for race.

3- Another co-worker. No idea what this guy is thinking. Bone stock 2009(10?) RX-8. Actually told me the only way he would race is if I had "alot of work done to my car" to make it fair.

4- My boss. 2008 Shelby GT500/manual/drop top. All stock. This is the one Im worried about. The best time I could find for these things is like 12's at 114-115(on a coupe and this is a drop top) Im curious if I can pull this off. I cant count him 100% in right now because he doesnt think the race is worth his time. But both the RS4 and I are egging him on. (the rs4 thinks he can get him on driving skill) As far as I can tell If I hit the 330 mark or better, I can at least stay with it pulling 114 traps.

5- My buddy with the 2010 WRX wagon(DaBroom). Stage 2/Cobb OTS.

My plan of attack: Pull the spare tire and all the trunk junk, rear seats, passenger seat, and maybe some speakers, door panels and seat belts. Ill be getting tuned for 3 maps. a low boost pump, a high boost pump, and a 100oct map. My plan would be to obviously run the 100oct map if I can.

We will have video.....thoughts? Im predicting a win across all 5, with the mustang being tight on pump, and fairly solid on race.

so when is this going down? sometime this summer?

I love racing from a roll! It really shows what car is faster imo....

If you want to take the driver aspect out of racing then yes, racing from a roll is the way to go.

Personally, I think good racing is about the driver just as much as the car. Have fun and be safe. ;)

rx8 guy is not thinking straight.... maybe in the twisties he can beat you stock but not in a straight line.

Gt500 would be the only worry since he can just mash the throttle w/o worrying too much about hookup, and maybe the EVO too.

let us know how it goes. vids if possible.

Guest heightsgtltd

So you have to pull all that to be competitive? :confused: All the other guys are going to run their cars with their interiors..

So you have to pull all that to be competitive? :confused: All the other guys are going to run their cars with their interiors..

Which really means that you have no chance except the WRX and the RX-8. I think it is time for you to accept that the Legacy GT is simply a family sedan with emphasis on "family".

lol...haters. :p

We are shooting for sometime in the next couple weeks.

I honestly dont know what I have to do to be competitive with the GT500. Dropping weight from the car and trying to run higher octane fuel is attempting to get every edge I can get.

Im getting retuned on the 28th and the EVO is going in for more tuning work soon as well.

Food for thought, have you thought about your power to weight ratio? How about your competitors? This will tell you who will do well in this race.

You: I don't know your WHP, but let's just say 330 for now. That translates into about about 395 Crank HP. The least your car will weigh is 3400 lbs (not you in it).

3400/395 = 8.6 Lbs per HP

Not bad really, but lets look at the Stang

Mustang: Published HP and weight for the 2008 Shelby GT 500 are 500 HP and 4040 Lbs.

4040/500 = 8.1 Lbs per HP

This is assuming he is stock still.

Audi RS4: 420 HP and 3957 lbs = 9.4 lbs per HP

You have a good chance at beating the Audi. I did not know that car was such a pig!!

RX-8: OMGWTFBBQ :lol: That guy is high. He needs to be on a road course, not the drag strip. 232 HP, 3000 lbs curb weight = 12.9 lbs per HP

Evo: Don't know the HP, but I am gonna guess 400 at the crank. Weight is published @ 3197 = 8.0 lbs per HP

He is a real contender with the Stang.

2010 WRX: I would guess 330 crank HP w/ Cobb OTS tune. Published curb weight is 3175 = 9.6 lbs per HP

You should take him no problem.

I honestly dont know what I have to do to be competitive with the GT500. Dropping weight from the car and trying to run higher octane fuel is attempting to get every edge I can get.

Pray for rain!

453747.png

Archived