LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Done

score me a deal on a meth kit. U know peeps :D

Hard 2 beat this [ame=http://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-3000-Gallon-Methanol-Injection/dp/B001DX7K74]Amazon.com: AEM 30-3000 1 Gallon Water/Methanol Injection Kit: Automotive[/ame]

Only thing hard to beat about it is price (and a fluid level sensor included).

But the variable pump speed--not a pulsating solenoid--and that check valve means the system will lag a bit, and the atomization will suffer at the bottom end a bit. Also the failsafe feature is really lacking relative to "better" more expensive systems. You can either use the failsafe trigger to trip the green test connectors to ground to flip a backup boost map and possibly other maps, or you would need a separate solenoid (not included) to get you instant wastegate spring pressure if the lacking failsafe triggers.

I sold an Aquamist 2D recently, and though expensive both in its past and next gen forms, it immediately made sense when I saw all the pieces in person. I looked at piecing together a kit from ebay deals that is similar to it (but without all the failsafes). The pricing might not be too crazy to you once you see the value in it. Subjective.

Plenty of people run the very basic AEM and similar systems for years and never have a problem. Others won't touch it, being very loyal to more comprehensive systems like Aquamist. Then some won't touch meth altogether because it one of the more risky things you can put on your car. You could swap up to a bigger turbo and spend the same net once you sell your existing turbo, and have more power without being one leak away from a blown engine. There are thousands of different opinions, so I tried to keep this as black and white as I could for you.

A GT30R stock location turbo will get you the win against that GT500 :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

BTW I was thinking, how serious of a driver can a guy be if he buys a convertible? That would of course play in your favor if the Shelby just plum spins. You tell us.

Edit: BTW if you get a boost switch and a solenoid, you can make the AEM not have that lag, FWIW. Easy solution to small thing.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Im considering going to E85, but I would have to sell my injectors, and the new 1000cc injectors I would need would be expensive, the same price as most meth kits would be.

I might just have to get tuned on 100oct and run wut i brung

We have a '10 GT500 in our mustang club, it too is a vert.. And no its not slow.

His tags now read GT700 without any real visual changes. Meaning if you didnt know you wouldnt.

Anywho, hes in the low 11s on street tires spinning through the traps for the most part.

HAsnt had a clean run on radials, but his best spinning through the 1/8 was high tens

Just a thought, but think of what E85 costs to buy, and think of what 100 octane costs. Might be worth your while to get the bigger injectors.

ya ur right, but i think ill only use that tune on special ocasions:rolleyes:

ya ur right, but i think ill only use that tune on special ocasions:rolleyes:

Planning to use a race fuel map once in a blue moon... Sounds disappointing.

E85 is the bees knees. Rocks socks. A ride in a HTA68 powered E85 fueled LGT will make you wet yourself.

Tank of race fuel = $150

Tank of E85 = $40

'nuff said.

DUDE! go from a 5mph roll then rev it up and side step it amd hope the clutch and transmission dont explode. haha, just kidding good luck with it, i hope the guy in the mustang cant drive (off subject i picture the guy driving the mustang to be the boss bill lumberg from office space haha)

I think the GT500 would spank you :( Funny, these types of posts are on IWSTI all the time, and even the pretty modified STi's realize that a 500+hp muscle car will spank em from a roll.

Our engines are built for the take off, not necessarily the roll.

I think the GT500 would spank you :( Funny, these types of posts are on IWSTI all the time, and even the pretty modified STi's realize that a 500+hp muscle car will spank em from a roll.

That doesnt make any sense, engine was made for take off? You mean light AWD car was made for take off not engine. RWD cars can still take off just as fast if not faster when setup to hook. Ther is literally not benefit to AWD in drag racing when racing a RWD setup for drag racing.

If they are racing from 60-150mph, they deserve to have their A$$ handed to them. As speeds increase, actual horsepower and aerodynamics play a MUCH larger roll than horsepower to weight ratio. At less insane speeds, you can play the horsepower to weight card and come out looking pretty good, especially when the other car is traction limited.

If they are racing from 60-150mph, they deserve to have their A$$ handed to them. As speeds increase, actual horsepower and aerodynamics play a MUCH larger roll than horsepower to weight ratio. At less insane speeds, you can play the horsepower to weight card and come out looking pretty good, especially when the other car is traction limited.

Yep, IMO racing from a dig is the only way to tests ones abilities. Some people will say well I wanna know what my car can do but I think its better to know what you and your car can do with you as the driver.

Archived