LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

Cant make it to OC.... Family shit! Trying for hyperfest!

And most subie owners hate on EVOs... they are BETTER platforms for performance... PERIOD.

Cams alone jumped my firends car 50hp... with a tune of course. that was BEFORE the EVO9 turbo... So sorry...

who tuned the car?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cant make it to OC.... Family shit! Trying for hyperfest!

And most subie owners hate on EVOs... they are BETTER platforms for performance... PERIOD.

Cams alone jumped my firends car 50hp... with a tune of course. that was BEFORE the EVO9 turbo... So sorry...

ah damn! well ill be going to hyperfest also. Let me know if you go. Maby we can setup a cruise?

and yes. for making power evos platform > any subaru's... sadly

But, it comes with a warranty from SoA.

This has been presented before, but do we know for a fact that SOA will warranty the turbo for an "unapproved" application such as it's use in a LegacyGT? Because I have heard plenty cases of dealers refusing it to install it flat out and/or warranty-ing it at all.

I am not contradicting, I am trying to get solid information on this.

How would one go about warranty in such a scenario? You are not only technically running the turbo on a motor it was "not designed for", but arguably also tuned. To me this has got "no warranty" written ALL over it.

no 16g is going to power any car to over 400whp on 93 octane.

Ive seen evo's make impressive power on stock turbos. Im not knocking them, I like them alot. But to get the kind of numbers you all are talking about on an evo 8 takes Comp 280 cams, full fueling, tubular exhaust manifolds, intake manifold, all the rest of the bolt ons, and run 24psi with meth or E85

wouldn't that be the stock turbo still? plus the evo 9 turbo is alot more capable.

afaik the evo 9 turbo only changes from a 9cm hotside to a 10.5cm hotside with the same turbine wheel/compressor/compressor housing.

Yeah, its still the stock turbo, but its a hell of alot more work than an intercooler, drop in cams, and an exhaust on 93. Thats the point im making. I dont argue that the 4g63 motor, of any variant, is an extremely efficient power plant capable of making some impressive power on the stock turbo when you really dress it out. My only point is that on 93 octane with no meth and an intercooler and exhaust its not going to make 360whp.

It does and is still making that much...

Stock 8 turbo VS 9 turbo.... you tell me that there arent differences in what they can make.

Evolution 8

Turbo = TD05HR-16G6-9.8T (GSR / USDM)

TD05HRA-16G6-9.8T (RS/RS2 & NZDM) or 6MT:TD05HRA-16G6-10.5T (model unknown)

Nozzle Area (cm2) = 9.8

Turbine = USDM EVO 8 & JDM GSR =Inconel (steel alloy),

RS=Titanium alloy.

Compressor = Aluminium, 68mm wide

Evolution 9

USDM & JDM = TD05HRA-16G6C-10.5T

Turbine: GSR / GT = Inconel alloy, RS = Titanium alloy

Compressor: GSR / GT = Aluminium, RS = Magnesium Alloy

(??) mm wide (to be verified.)

Nozzle Area (cm2) = 10.5 (note: to be confirmed that RS 5MT has 10.5)

More Evo 9 Turbo info:

... * New more efficient & larger Compressor preventing compressor surge

... * Better pump gas efficiency

... * Turbine Nozzle Area (cm2) = Large 10.5 Hotside (single flapper)

... * Improve actuator design

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/326/e9vse8turbocomparo0hq.jpg

EVO 8. evo 9 turbo on FMIC/piping/turbo back exhaust/280Deg (most likely COMP cams) tuned by DTM.

My car should be done at Agile this weekend.

Set it up for Saturday and lets see how honest the 380whp is. Im all for getting beat, but i dont think its making that much power.

EVO 8. evo 9 turbo on FMIC/piping/turbo back exhaust/280Deg (most likely COMP cams) tuned by DTM.

My car should be done at Agile this weekend.

Set it up for Saturday and lets see how honest the 380whp is.

what is adgile doing 2 ur baby?

just a tune and deleting the air pump.

Thanks for the diagrams. I didnt realize they had changed the compressor/housing so much.

I really DO love that motor. All it takes is a little searching to realize Im a pretty big evo fan, actually.

im sure he will be down to find out... Not one to shy away from things. Not to proud to lose.

But he has beaten a LOT of GT30R and 35R subies.. Dont know those drivers though.

Has also beated a new SS camaro with full exhuast and mild cams.

And a Stage 3 S4

a 340hp turbo TC

a 355 hp evo

Did lose to a 430hp or so candy red evo recently. And to a stage something S4 making 600+ well that wasnt a loss. That was just SAD!

just a tune and deleting the air pump.

Thanks for the diagrams. I didnt realize they had changed the compressor/housing so much.

I really DO love that motor. All it takes is a little searching to realize Im a pretty big evo fan, actually.

deleting the air pump? whats that? (sorry for my lack of knowledge)

The air pump is just the emission control thing on later models. I'm deleting it because it was leaking.

I honestly have no idea what to expect. The last time the evo and I got tuned I made about 310 and he made 271. That was maxing the Perrin tmic. On the same dyno a gt52 sti made 330.

Not sure what to expect comming back with fmic more boost and no leaks.

This has been presented before, but do we know for a fact that SOA will warranty the turbo for an "unapproved" application such as it's use in a LegacyGT? Because I have heard plenty cases of dealers refusing it to install it flat out and/or warranty-ing it at all.

I am not contradicting, I am trying to get solid information on this.

How would one go about warranty in such a scenario? You are not only technically running the turbo on a motor it was "not designed for", but arguably also tuned. To me this has got "no warranty" written ALL over it.

It should come with some form a parts warranty. Our MB warranty is 1 year/12k miles on any parts bought. I would think if you buy a turbo over the counter, it would and should be covered for x amount of time, regardless of application. Again, there's a lot of "should's" in there but that's how we do it.

make sure these runs get on video tape PLEASE. And if not at a track.. Make sure lit and not like thos estupid youtube videos with nothing but head/tail lights.

and make sure you WIN!!!! and if ur loosing clip him and put him in the wall, rubbing is racing :spin::lol:

Archived