LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

I hope to. Trap speeds are what tells the story on a car from the roll. The convert ain't gonna pull the full 114-115 range the coupe does. As speeds increase the power matters more and the weigh matters less of course but half mile or less we throw down i might be good.

Even if I dont win, which is likely, i think it will be closer than most, including him, would expect.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stock GT500 12.8 1/4 mile with 115.3 trap speed. I need to go to the track and test my times, cause that doesnt seem all that quick tbh. Stage 1 2010 LGT's are in the 13.5 range, and I'm far from stock.

But I'm still a firm believer in the shelby's ability to walk away from a roll. Prove us wrong :)

Because as its been said before they have a hard time getting traction. 115mph is more than enough to get a good hooking car into the 11s. And 115mph is on the lowe side of what a gt500 can do, i have seen a bone stock gt500 coupe hit a 119mph.

Because as its been said before they have a hard time getting traction. 115mph is more than enough to get a good hooking car into the 11s. And 115mph is on the lowe side of what a gt500 can do, i have seen a bone stock gt500 coupe hit a 119mph.

I just found the info on motortrend, its not THE source of info, but A source of baselines ;) The race will tell all about the driver and possible mods ;)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I cant find anything that substantiates 119mph trap speeds for a stock car.

Thats because real world drivers will get the best times not magazines. C5 Corvette z06 have also trapped 116-119mph and they only make 405hp, c6 z06 has trapped 122-127mph and makes 505hp. GTR weighs 3900lbs makes 480-500hp and has trapped 115-120mph.

119mph would be exceedingly high for a stock one. I've seen as low as 104mph and as high as 116mph, with most stock examples running between 108 and 112. Intake, pulley and tune seems to net about 118 - 122mph.

The 4.6 in the Terminator and the 5.4 Shelby can quickly become 11.0-11.5 cars with maybe $2000 in them. Pulley, headers, cold air and a reflash will get you probably 450RWHP. The only kinda tricky thing is getting them to hook with the IRS.

No $2K in a GT500 in pulley, tune, headers, and exhaust will net you closer to 650RWHP maybe even 700RWHP. They should be putting down close to 450RWHP in stock form.

Even stock the limiting factor in that car's ET's and trap speeds is traction, they just don't have enough tire in the back in stock form to put the power down without incinerating the tires.

I cant find anything that substantiates 119mph trap speeds for a stock car.

Drag radials my friend, drag radials. Those cars are traction limited.

Throw a set of sticky tires on back and a 119mph trap is probably quite doable even stock.

Keep in mind that those cars with a few bolt on mods and some tuning with sticky tires will go deep into the 11's trapping in the high 120mph to low 130mph range.

119mph would be exceedingly high for a stock one. I've seen as low as 104mph and as high as 116mph, with most stock examples running between 108 and 112. Intake, pulley and tune seems to net about 118 - 122mph.

122mph is pretty sad considering they can put down 530-580whp with just pulley, exhaust, intake and tune. 600ishwhp with stock ported blower. When my T/A put down 427whp it trapped 122mph. It was a 600lbs lighter but had over 100 less whp.

No $2K in a GT500 in pulley, tune, headers, and exhaust will net you closer to 650RWHP maybe even 700RWHP. They should be putting down close to 450RWHP in stock form.

Even stock the limiting factor in that car's ET's and trap speeds is traction, they just don't have enough tire in the back in stock form to put the power down without incinerating the tires.

I should have just said the 4.6 but yes, the 5.4 responds even better. I, personally, like the Terminator over the Shelby due to the weight. And looks but that's subjective. A friend at work has an 03 Cobra and with pulleys, headers, and a few small changes, he made 470 at the wheels and ran, IIRC, 11.30s on radials.

They're not getting 600+whp with upgraded pullies, tunes, exhausts and intakes. They are making around 520 - 550 whp. 650-700whp is Kenne Bell blower territory and even these guys are still trapping less than 135mph. Those cars weigh ~4,200 lbs with a driver. They are a fat pig of a "performance car."

As to sad 122 mph traps with 530+ whp; see above re: fat pig...! And it's no more sad than GT35R-powered subies running low 12's at less than 120mph, which happens ALL THE TIME!

It's just like any other judge of performace with any other car. There will be the norm and there will be the outliers. Go look on GT500 forums, for every pulley/tune/intake/exhaust car running 125+ mph, there will 10 more running right around 120mph. Go over to NASIOC and look how many stock-turbo STIs are trapping greater than 112mph versus how many more there are that can't break 108 mph.

conditions of the run will make a big difference as well. Things like elevation, temperature, somewhat humidity, the gradient of the track, driver, tires etc. Somewhere on here or NASOIC they were talking about a track in CA, I think, that has a slight downward gradient which is why so many cars were trapping and running faster there.
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Has anyone PM'd Goyim and asked what his GT500 will do? He might just go and find out for you... Nothing like feedback from a guy who DDs one.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

im tossing around the idea of putting meth in the car. The issue is, of course, will A- the tranny stay in one piece and B- will the clutch actually hold the power it will make.

Plus, if I go meth, I dont want some slap stick BS system....I want to be able to turn the thing on and off and if something on the meth system goes down it needs to cut boost.

im tossing around the idea of putting meth in the car. The issue is, of course, will A- the tranny stay in one piece and B- will the clutch actually hold the power it will make.

Plus, if I go meth, I dont want some slap stick BS system....I want to be able to turn the thing on and off and if something on the meth system goes down it needs to cut boost.

from a roll your tranny and clutch will be just fine, and DO IT!:wub:

find me a kit that gets the job done and doesnt cost 1k. its a freaking pump and a nozzle. no reason these things should be so damn expensive.

100oct with meth and id have it in the bag.

http://www.geekshow.us/wp/wp-content/uploads/image/big10_car10.jpg

This guy may show up to take his revenge. :lol:

Is this really going to happen or is everyone going to puss out? My money is on at least 2 contenders not showing for whatever reason.

BTW, where do you work that there's all those owners of fast cars? My work has about 300 employees and there's not a car there that is even remotely a high-performance model that could run with my stg2 (soon to be stg3 bb turbo meth) Leggy.

Get the meth, get the tune, drive like Dom and you'll 'dom'inate. :rolleyes: (yeah, that was bad)) :redface:

Will there at least be scantily clad biatches present in the videos? There has to be, right? 'RACE WARS FTW' :p

find me a kit that gets the job done and doesnt cost 1k. its a freaking pump and a nozzle. no reason these things should be so damn expensive.

100oct with meth and id have it in the bag.

here ya go

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-3000-Gallon-Methanol-Injection/dp/B001DX7K74]Amazon.com: AEM 30-3000 1 Gallon Water/Methanol Injection Kit: Automotive[/ame]

thanks for the link.

Im looking at the Labonte, SnowPerformance, and Devil's Own kits too...plus, they are all methanol specific pumps so i can run a 70/30 mix instead of 50/50 on the aem.

Archived