LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to hear the results of this one? We had a 2007 Mustang GT Convertible. It had a few mods done. I have driven it a few times. It was very quick! Good luck :)

Yea and it still had 150-170less hp than the gt500.

That doesnt make any sense, engine was made for take off? You mean light AWD car was made for take off not engine. RWD cars can still take off just as fast if not faster when setup to hook. Ther is literally not benefit to AWD in drag racing when racing a RWD setup for drag racing.

You are right, I mean light AWD car. Like my 08 STi. Its something like 0-60 in 4.7 seconds with a 99 or 100mph trap speed. That's retarded. Camaro's go 0-60 in 4.7 seconds but trap something like 109 don't they? So, our type of cars really can't compete in the 60-150's because we get pwnt.

^I personally know of a E85 powered HTA68 beast that pulled a z06 100-140

i ate up a aston martin dbs volante with my avo420tubo.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNHvgt_JXOo]YouTube- 400 hp subaru legacy[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiYMVyXnmCc&feature=channel]YouTube- Legacy Gt floored[/ame]

You are right, I mean light AWD car. Like my 08 STi. Its something like 0-60 in 4.7 seconds with a 99 or 100mph trap speed. That's retarded. Camaro's go 0-60 in 4.7 seconds but trap something like 109 don't they? So, our type of cars really can't compete in the 60-150's because we get pwnt.

AWD cars with good torque do better off the line then their WHP would suggest. Our cars can still easily compete in 60-150 runs, but need just as much WHP as their competitor to do it. That translates into more crank hp (more losses with AWD) then a RWD car.

So if a Mustang has 500 crank hp, that might be 440 whp. Then an LGT would need about 440 whp to compete, which is likely 550 crank hp or so.

Top speed stuff is all about hp vs drag co-efficient, the faster you go the less weight matters. Our LGTs actually have a pretty good drag co-efficient.

So say you have an AWD car that does 11.9 @ 118. Then you have a RWD car that does 12.4 @ 118. They would likely be very even from a roll.

Evo just came down off the dyno from retune from TopSpeed at 315whp pulling hard to 7300.

RS4 has appointment for APR chip tune and intake install, and going to push 100 octane

GT500 is likely out of the game as it has lost its clutch at 15k to the tune of $2,500.00 :eek:

My car is at Agile Auto with Hill ::woowoo:

In for video album cataloging all the races. :cool:

Is this really going to happen? Do we have a time and place yet? Assuming you're a good driver, your chances just went way up with the 500 down for the count (me stating the obvious). Any others revealing whether or not they'll make it on race day?

Evo just came down off the dyno from retune from TopSpeed at 315whp pulling hard to 7300.

RS4 has appointment for APR chip tune and intake install, and going to push 100 octane

GT500 is likely out of the game as it has lost its clutch at 15k to the tune of $2,500.00 :eek:

My car is at Agile Auto with Hill ::woowoo:

best place for it 2 be

Just run race gas and pull the spare tire and stuff in the trunk. The rest of that crap doesn't weigh much and isn't worth the hassle. An Evo8 isn't that fast with those mods. Yeah it makes some good torque, but a stage 3 LGT will have no problem. My stage 2.5 can almost hang with one. The GT500 will be the true test.. they are seriously quick from a roll on the highway. From a dig on the street, they are pigs and will have trouble hooking up.

best place for it 2 be

With Agile? yeah. Im fortunate to have Turbo Time an hour up the road when I am in NC and Agile 15 minutes up the road when I am in Maryland.

Cant really lose either way.

Im disappointed about the GT500. I really wanted a piece.

Its definitely still going down. Audi is getting its work done this week and my car is getting finished up by Agile this week as well, then its game on.

With Agile? yeah. Im fortunate to have Turbo Time an hour up the road when I am in NC and Agile 15 minutes up the road when I am in Maryland.

Cant really lose either way.

Im disappointed about the GT500. I really wanted a piece.

Its definitely still going down. Audi is getting its work done this week and my car is getting finished up by Agile this week as well, then its game on.

well when i get a retune ill give you a PM if your only 15 mins away

Archived