LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

What amazes me is that anyone would leave that Shelby stock. The Ford modular V8's with blowers are so easy to make more power with. Even a mild pulley upgrade with some tuning should net an easy (and safe) 625-650hp. Figure around $1000 for another 125-150hp at the rear wheels. Hell I'd do it if had one of those monsters.

Well that and some seriously larger meats out back.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let me borrow the green :D

Yeah if only I had the scratch laying about.

I'll bet one of those bastards with a set of sticky 315's out back, a smaller pulley and supporting tuning with a high flow exhaust would be one mean sumbitch. Probably sound good too.

Probably. Money is on the line.

If money is on the line I wouldn't even race. The GT500 will eat you alive.

And for general safety, tell the re-re in the RX8 to not even run. Not just for his own safety but for yours too... If he really is as bad a driver as you say, and there's no question that his car isn't even in the same league as the competition.

As far as gutting it, the Stang will still probably eat you, and without a tune on that high perf fuel you're looking into its probably just a waste of money.... And that's assuming the injectors will even go for it.

Don't get me wrong, I think this will be cool and I want to see the outcome, but you're going to spend all that time stripping the car, spend a bunch of money on race fuel and a tune, close a street, then race? Assuming the Stang misses a gear and you win (Not that missing a gear with that much torque would matter enough for him to lose), will you even break even on the winnings to cover the money you spent just to race?

The 4.6 in the Terminator and the 5.4 Shelby can quickly become 11.0-11.5 cars with maybe $2000 in them. Pulley, headers, cold air and a reflash will get you probably 450RWHP. The only kinda tricky thing is getting them to hook with the IRS.

Everyone agreed on 1k per race.

That's either a joke, they wont pay up (specially that RX-8 tard), or ya'll are crazy balla's. No way I'd wager 1k on a race regardless of how much I know I'd whoop them. $100 a race, that's reasonable, but 1k, just way outta my ballpark.

So... If its 1k a race, you'll make 3k (rs4, rx8, wrx) and probably lose 2k (evo, shelby)... So, 1k gained... hrmmm, worth the risk or not I guess.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Its all dependant, lots of factors to consider. The evo isnt a bad car with the right parts and tune. Cams do quite a bit for it, and coupled with the 25lbs of boost, thats a formidable opponent. Not saying that you wont win, but it'll be an interesting race (at least from the dig). You might take the shelby from a dig, but I'd bet that it would eat everyone from a roll. As the saying goes, there's no replacement for displacement. From a seat of the pants only feel, when I drove the CTS-V (basically a drivers race stock for stock against a shelby) I've never been thrown back in a seat so hard from a roll, and I've ridden in some dang quick modded sti's.

If the Mustang is stock, it's a close race from a roll and you should have a significant advantage from a stop, unless the guy has serious time behind the wheel of that car launching it.

Full weight 20G-powered subies are typically in the 112-114mph trap range on pump gas. One of our own: Legacy_GT_Pilot, running an 8cm TD06 20G on a Perrin TMIC with meth injection and a mix of 94/110 octane trapped 118mph.

112-114? Stock turbo sti's pull that.

Well then... what are you worried about? A 20G should be another 6-7 lbs worth of airflow or another 60-70 whp, so by all that theory 120+ mph traps should be no problem.

...but really, on mild race gas, you should be seeing around 115mph traps at sea level.

Stock GT500 12.8 1/4 mile with 115.3 trap speed. I need to go to the track and test my times, cause that doesnt seem all that quick tbh. Stage 1 2010 LGT's are in the 13.5 range, and I'm far from stock.

But I'm still a firm believer in the shelby's ability to walk away from a roll. Prove us wrong :)

Archived