LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one will EVER notice that engine sticking out of the hood... NEVER!!

Lol, if your next to a v8 rx7, 240sx, miata, saturn and you cant tell there is a v8 swap in them just by the sound of the engine the you are a little slow.

I used to sell parts to a guy with a Monster Miata. He kept the car very subtle, very quiet. No Super 44 Flowmasters for him.:lol:The only real giveaways were the 2 chrome exhaust tips where 1 used to it, 2 big fans in the grille, and if you saw it at the right angle you could see his shorty headers behind the wheelwells.;)One day we saw him pull into traffic with an SRT-4 behind him. We were so hoping to see a quick stoplight duel but to no avail.

Lol, if your next to a v8 rx7, 240sx, miata, saturn and you cant tell there is a v8 swap in them just by the sound of the engine the you are a little slow.

If I wanted to go sleep. Stock or stockish exhuast with a nice QTP cutout right after the headers... Look and sounds stockish until you open it up and go.

And especially in a FC RX7 very few people are going to expect a 11 second car.:spin:

If I wanted to go sleep. Stock or stockish exhuast with a nice QTP cutout right after the headers... Look and sounds stockish until you open it up and go.

And especially in a FC RX7 very few people are going to expect a 11 second car.:spin:

A v8 even at idle with stock exhaust sounds very different than a rotory or sr20 at idle and no matter what rpm you are at. Ik alot of people try to keep there cars quite, hell I saw a camaro at the track that sounded like a lt1 camro with catback but it ran low 7s. It doesnt have to be loud to tell its not a 1.3 2 rotor.

Actually, the rotary has the loudest idle of all those engines. Ported rotaries especially dont like low rpms

Still dont know what volume has to do with this guys? Its not volume its tone, you can easily tell the difference of a v8 tone vs a rotor or 4 cylinder even when compared at different volumes.

im still here. i go out for work a lot. Race never happened and at this point probably wont. I havnt driven my car in about 5 weeks, and the guys i was working with have since all split up to other things. I didnt make as much power as i really thought the car should have, even after we got it running correctly (turned out to be a bad #2 injector). At 20-21psi it made ~340hp/tq. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed with it. Im planning on breaking the car down, selling the 20g, and changing out to a Element Tuning GT52 turbo in a few weeks.

The mustang never got fixed. Evo is still running strong, and the RS4 is probably getting traded up to a RS5 whenever it comes out. Getting a race with the RS4 is a possibility, but I probably wont see the mustang owner or the evo owner again after about a week. That being said w/o the mustang owner, I dont have the road so it will have to be a track event.

340 whp sounds about right to me.

I don't get how everyone thinks a VF52 is a solid 300 whp turbo. It isn't, at least not in the world I live in.

On a properly calibrated airboy I can only get about 250 out of an STI sized turbo, and if on 94 pump gas I can get 265 or so, maybe 270.

Sure I can get 300 out of it, if the temps are about -20F, or if I add meth or race gas.

Some guys have some magical gas it seems. There is no way I can run high 20s for timing in the upper rpm range, and that is what is needed to get those crazy hp numbers.

I would say this is about average for whp:

VF52 = 250

16G = 265

18G = 285

68HTA = 300

20G = 320

If you can get much better then that on pump, great. But don't expect 50 whp more then what I listed unless you have great gas, or are running it in sub 0F temps.

Here is one of the earlier vids of that saturn, he didnt even have a floor in it yet.

The engine is probably worth double the entire car prior to the swap. Also, he probably now has a 80/20 front/rear weight distribution :lol: which must be great for a RWD car. He must be all about the fun of the project...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

The engine is probably worth double the entire car prior to the swap. Also, he probably now has a 80/20 front/rear weight distribution :lol: which must be great for a RWD car. He must be all about the fun of the project...

He had two turbo saturns aswell, same car just fwd with factory engine and turbo. Hes had evos, ls1 cars, t-types, tons of dirt bikes and rockets.

That v8 saturn is a drag car now i believe.

Wonder how he gets traction :lol:

That's awesome though. What a dream life.

Hes a mechanic, not exactly a dream life but im sure still has its benefits. Such as having a shop to use to make a saturn rwd with a v8 in it lol.

There are quite a few 2500lbs car with far more power getting traction at the track.

im still here. i go out for work a lot. Race never happened and at this point probably wont. I havnt driven my car in about 5 weeks, and the guys i was working with have since all split up to other things. I didnt make as much power as i really thought the car should have, even after we got it running correctly (turned out to be a bad #2 injector). At 20-21psi it made ~340hp/tq. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed with it. Im planning on breaking the car down, selling the 20g, and changing out to a Element Tuning GT52 turbo in a few weeks.

The mustang never got fixed. Evo is still running strong, and the RS4 is probably getting traded up to a RS5 whenever it comes out. Getting a race with the RS4 is a possibility, but I probably wont see the mustang owner or the evo owner again after about a week. That being said w/o the mustang owner, I dont have the road so it will have to be a track event.

I dont know what you were expecting out of your turbo, sounds about right. I will tell you this, the gt52 with meth will get you to 400whp/wtq. It will undoubtedly break either your engine or transmission, you are going down a very expensive path. You have been warned

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Man I spent like half an hour reading this shit thread and no “race” WTF I cant get that 30 min back! Ill drive out there and race this kid for shits and gigs get some result out of this thread.

LMAO!!! :lol:

I hear ya!

Archived