LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

I got my LGT for that reason. But in terms of engines. The EJ series is a NICE turbo 4. However the 4G63 is a far superior engine IMO...

Then again I have been waiting to see Honda get off their A$$es and make a boosted 4cyl AWD car. Because they build the best 4 cyl engines I can think of. 2.0 liter NA making 240-250whp bolted and tuned. Like WTFBBW! imagine a honda built 2 liter turbo....

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im still working out the misfire issue on my car with a new tuner...(good news is the motor was still healthy, possibly have an injector failure...) but we did one WOT pass on brian's 20g at only 18psi, running super rich and stock timing curve it still made over 320whp. Once the misfire issue is solved we are cranking it up to 22.5psi and making use of the front mount. :)

I got my LGT for that reason. But in terms of engines. The EJ series is a NICE turbo 4. However the 4G63 is a far superior engine IMO...

Then again I have been waiting to see Honda get off their A$$es and make a boosted 4cyl AWD car. Because they build the best 4 cyl engines I can think of. 2.0 liter NA making 240-250whp bolted and tuned. Like WTFBBW! imagine a honda built 2 liter turbo....

ya true, im sure if they did they could sell millions of them. Not sure if i could own a honda tho, they sound so terrible when hooked up.

No 4 cylinder engine has a better exhaust note then a subaru, probly why if i didnt own a subaru i would own a v8

Up to a certain point, it's easier to make more power with a 4G63. Beyond that point, they're both pretty much the same as far as cost goes. I like the EJ25x motor because of the uniqueness and smooth operation. No balance shafts and an unmistakeable sound. You ask someone who knows cars about an EJ motor and they think Subaru. Ask the same person 4G63 and they ask Evo, Eclipse, Talon, Laser, front drive, AWD, which one?:)

I have to agree with this. Even my Evo friends LOVE the sound of a good subaru.

Sadly even with my TBE i lack a LOT of the boxer sound. HiFlow 3" Dp and 3" megan quad tipped exhaust. still not a lot of burbling angry pirate in my note. That is unless i unhook the DP/Catback connection. God I want a E-cutout.

Have yall heard of the new boost activated cutout?

http://www.spracingonline.com/spblog/?p=114

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvCl-v_AzLE]YouTube- Sound Performance Boost Activated Exhaust Cutout Results!!![/ame]

They would need to redisgn the entire 2.0 for low comp and boost. Take apart a k20 honda engine and you will see very fast that it is a horrible design for boost. Therefore taking away what makes a honda 2.0 N/A make soo much power, super high rpms and high comp ratio. It would make the same 150-170hp most 4 cylinder churn out.

Im not saying take the K20 and ADD boost. Honda doesnt do that sort of thing. I more mean have them design from the ground up a 4cyl boosted engine. It would be impressive more than likely. yes I know the NA K20 is NOT a boost friendly engine. It wasnt DESIGNED to be such.

yeah and back in teh day a junk yard boosted B18B1 would make 250hp in a little civic.

My point is i would LOVE to see honda design a ground up Boosted 4 cyl. given their level of NA performance. I am sure it would be a noteworthy engine.

i dont see why they dont get in the awd boosted game, i know they could sell tons of them.

I mean they have the 2.3 liter turbo in the RDX. but thats not a performance engine.

And niether do I. I have long expected honda to enter the ring with mitsu/subaru. And probably decimate both in doing so. But alas... I have my subaru. And a turbo AWD would still look like a ugly accord.

Then again a turbo AWD typeR civic hatch... might be interesting.

^

plus

Im not saying take the K20 and ADD boost. Honda doesnt do that sort of thing. I more mean have them design from the ground up a 4cyl boosted engine. It would be impressive more than likely. yes I know the NA K20 is NOT a boost friendly engine. It wasnt DESIGNED to be such.

=

I have no desire to have a honda and am very confused. Please rebadge any and all AWD turbos with honda.

AWD turbo = NOT A HONDA. Don't care if Honda makes it. Not the soul of a Honda, period.

Besides, just got a 88-89 AWD Civic wagon drop a B series with pistons and force induct it. Done AND waaaay cooler than a new honda nevermind a stupid sleeper. Anyway, anyone who wants a AWD Turbo car does not want Honda.

for those asking, the injectors are DW 750's. I think we are going to test injectors to see if there is a problem or a flow imbalance or something and continue to to go from there.

Misfiring is a well documented problem on evo's, especially the evo 8. You can just be cruising around and throw a misfire cel at random all the damn time on that car. lol not much different than what we have in that regard.

Hopefully we are close to a resolution. There just isnt that much more to even look at or replace. lol. I am hoping that a test of the injectors will show a problem and if in fact the case, dw will resolve it.

I rode in a full race turbo'd k20 civic si coupe. Stupid fast.

x2 and I also recently barely lost to a boosted LSVtech 4 door 88-89 civic wagon on full drag slicks in the 1/8th mile. I barely lost over, and over and over...

Ask Shamar. The guy was cutting 1.7 60ft all day long with mid/low 8 second 1/8th. Really pissing me off. Right around 80 it was like he hit the brakes as I mobbed on him but by then we were out of track.

it is NOT their way. But I have a feeling that if they did go there. The results would be impressive.

^ Agreed 100% it could be impressive but after driving plenty of fast FWD Vtec Honda if it is AWD and turbo it will feel like anything but a Honda. Would I go running to trade from a Subie even if it was "better". Probably not. Just not what I am looking for in a Honda. I am guessing that I (a mid 30s hp junkie from southern California) am not a target demographic for a boosted awd civic anyway.

x2 and I also recently barely lost to a boosted LSVtech 4 door 88-89 civic wagon on full drag slicks in the 1/8th mile. I barely lost over, and over and over...

Ask Shamar. The guy was cutting 1.7 60ft all day long with mid/low 8 second 1/8th. Really pissing me off. Right around 80 it was like he hit the brakes as I mobbed on him but by then we were out of track.

^ Agreed 100% it could be impressive but after driving plenty of fast FWD Vtec Honda if it is AWD and turbo it will feel like anything but a Honda. Would I go running to trade from a Subie even if it was "better". Probably not. Just not what I am looking for in a Honda. I am guessing that I (a mid 30s hp junkie from southern California) am not a target demographic for a boosted awd civic anyway.

ooh cmon dont loose 2 a civic from a dig, launch thatmofo. You can hit 1.6 60 foots.

ooh cmon dont loose 2 a civic from a dig, launch thatmofo. You can hit 1.6 60 foots.

Well, I probably could have if I did not toss a 13lb LWFW in the car:rolleyes::spin: Apparently you did not read the part about him being on drag slicks (not radials). FWD + drag slicks = SICK 60ft. Used to pull 1.7 in my old Civic on cheater radials. I was losing by less than a car over and over thats y I was pissed :lol: If my R/t was under .1 I would have had him but I was pussing out... 0

Anyway, post LWFW? Not a chance. 1.8 is a solid launch from between 4500 and 5000. With the LWFW anything faster is going to require a 5000+rpm launch and I have been advised NUMEROUS times not to launch over 5k on a 5spd.

MORAL: dont be a jackass like me and toss on a LWFW when you are planning to go to meets at the dragstrip

for those asking, the injectors are DW 750's. I think we are going to test injectors to see if there is a problem or a flow imbalance or something and continue to to go from there.

Misfiring is a well documented problem on evo's, especially the evo 8. You can just be cruising around and throw a misfire cel at random all the damn time on that car. lol not much different than what we have in that regard.

Hopefully we are close to a resolution. There just isnt that much more to even look at or replace. lol. I am hoping that a test of the injectors will show a problem and if in fact the case, dw will resolve it.

Did you swap the injectors around to see if the misfire follows it? One a friend's car, one of his injectors was sticking open, dumping fuel at idle and misfiring like crazy

Well, I probably could have if I did not toss a 13lb LWFW in the car:rolleyes::spin: Apparently you did not read the part about him being on drag slicks (not radials). FWD + drag slicks = SICK 60ft. Used to pull 1.7 in my old Civic on cheater radials. I was losing by less than a car over and over thats y I was pissed :lol: If my R/t was under .1 I would have had him but I was pussing out... 0

Anyway, post LWFW? Not a chance. 1.8 is a solid launch from between 4500 and 5000. With the LWFW anything faster is going to require a 5000+rpm launch and I have been advised NUMEROUS times not to launch over 5k on a 5spd.

MORAL: dont be a jackass like me and toss on a LWFW when you are planning to go to meets at the dragstrip

LWFW= light weight flywheel? if so.. what difference would it make

yeah and back in teh day a junk yard boosted B18B1 would make 250hp in a little civic.

My point is i would LOVE to see honda design a ground up Boosted 4 cyl. given their level of NA performance. I am sure it would be a noteworthy engine.

But thats the point, to make this turbo engine honda would have to take away everything that makes there N/A engines unique. It would be no different than a evo 2.0 turbo. The evo head flows great and with the same dispacement and size turbo there is no reason it would be any different than that engines power output.

i think honda is more likely to extend their motor technology to using compact v6's with high compression and huge vtec cams instead of using turbo.

Hell, you can get a TSX v6 now with more power than the nsx had.

All I can say is that is using Mitsu developed tech and know how. Who says honda doesnt come up with something more efficient/better?

I mean look at Vtec and its resulting tech change industry wide. So many cars are now VVL of some type or another.

You are right many cars do use the tech but VVT has been around in cars since the 60s. Its not like honda discovered or invented the tech. Mitsu has been perfecting the 2.0 turbo line since the 80s, I think they have it pretty well down.

Archived