LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

I traped 115 in the 1/4 mile with a awefull 2.2 60 foot

That sounds like 360 whp to me.

Around here most people say certain dynos are not real whp. I don't really care, but if you want a Mustang dyno equivalent, froma road log the airboy dyno works well.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a DOM3XTR with 10 cm housing. So a few lbs/min higher then a normal DOM3 or 3076 and the bigger turbine housing to boot.

Also, EFI logics (as they readily admit) has a 5% correction factor so it doesn't read soo low.

Anyway the dyno was at agile and that says I have 395, u guys can decide how that dyno compares to others

I think that makes perfect sense :) A lot of dynos out there read high.

...but then again every time someone goes to the track with high numbers from them they trap pretty high too.

Could have a lot to due with the track, the tires, or just knowing how to drive.

for point of reference, the last 68hta they did at agile made 376.

That lines up really well with the 395 legacyurabus reports. Granted it takes a lot more data points to correlate properly, but these two numbers definitely work with each other.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

All true.

I would say lets proceed with the data logging, but I have concerns.

We dont have any way to make the test empirical. There is no "standard maf" sensor to read the numbers from, so what if one maf reads 5% out of whack with another maf? Everything will be totally off. What if one part of air in the atmosphere during the pull has a change in relative humidity, pressure or temperature by 1-2%?

I just dont see how we are going to standardize this test, which makes it totally non empirical and completely inaccurate, to say nothing of being moot.

I understand what you're saying, but again a 44lb compression wheel w/ a .6 backhousing is rated at like 420CHP, I have a hard time believing it. There was someone on here a while back, i forgot who it was, that thought he was doing something out of this world when he ran a rotated gt28"disco potato", it made like 340whp. A little more than your standard 20g turbo. Theres nothing magical here. As long as hes happy with what he has that's what matters, but its not really 400whp.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

All true.

I would say lets proceed with the data logging, but I have concerns.

We dont have any way to make the test empirical. There is no "standard maf" sensor to read the numbers from, so what if one maf reads 5% out of whack with another maf? Everything will be totally off. What if one part of air in the atmosphere during the pull has a change in relative humidity, pressure or temperature by 1-2%?

I just dont see how we are going to standardize this test, which makes it totally non empirical and completely inaccurate, to say nothing of being moot.

Not sure what you are getting at, but road logging shows whp based on vehicle weight, tire diameter, gearing, and drag co-efficient, among a few other things.

The MAF has nothing to do with it.

You can kinda compare whp numbers based off of how many g/s your car is flowing, but that is highly variable based on many things (fuel used, how the MAF was scalad, etc.....)

All Im getting at is that the geeks and nerds have somehow sold the data log dyno as the holy grail of power measurement.

I think its just be because you cats like to play with your computers with nifty little cables and ecu reading programs and spreadsheets :)

All Im getting at is that the geeks and nerds have somehow sold the data log dyno as the holy grail of power measurement.

I think its just be because you cats like to play with your computers with nifty little cables and ecu reading programs and spreadsheets :)

That statement is void of logic and reason on every level. I am a nerd :lol:

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

The entire car is controlled by a computer . Think about it :lol:. Fueling and timing and all the goodies that make the power is changed with a computer how would logging datapoints from the ecu not be a valid form of power measurement. I dont even consider myself a nerd, more of a shadetree mechanic, but now im versatile. Sweet, add that to the resume.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

bwahaha.

The argument against the dyno is that it isnt an empirical test. My point is neither is the road log. You have no idea whether or not the onboard systems were calibrated correctly or whether the road is perfectly level or what the actual weight of the car is or what the density of the air is or how the drag coefficient was calculated or if its accurate or....

No one said it is exact. They just suggested it is a heck of a lot more accurate than a dyno that reports 40 or 50 over :lol:

no one is going to bust anyone's balls about +/- 5hp, which is more what a road dyno can produce.

The road dyno can be very accurate, just like anything it is as accurate as the info put into it, just like a dyno is.;) (you can enter all sorts of stuff wrong on a dyno too)

I really like road logs as they tell me how the car responds where we use it, on the road.

Some dynos don't load the car properly, so spool shows slower then on the road, many dynos read different.

If things are done fairly accurate, it is vey equalizing to see logs, and plot them out.

Besides, once you have seen enough, you can pretty much guess at the whp torque just be looking at the airflow (g/s and psi) vs timing and AFR.

If you VF series is running 10 degrees at peak torques rising to 19 at red-line, you are not making 300 whp.:)

I'd like to see what his AVO420 makes based off these road logs. When all is said and done with my car, I'll have a very similar setup. After reading his basic mod list, the only difference in mine is I have a ported stock header and grimmspeed xpipe, one cat, and my turbo will be a ported AVO450, not the 420. Seeing this plot here will give me a better idea of what I can expect. I've seen close to 400whp with the 450 so it should be interesting.

I'd like to see what his AVO420 makes based off these road logs. When all is said and done with my car, I'll have a very similar setup. After reading his basic mod list, the only difference in mine is I have a ported stock header and grimmspeed xpipe, one cat, and my turbo will be a ported AVO450, not the 420. Seeing this plot here will give me a better idea of what I can expect. I've seen close to 400whp with the 450 so it should be interesting.

awesome man welcome to the avo turbo club, could you list your full mods and brand names for my personal interest.

p.s dont say you have 400 whp or they will start 2 call u a liar and bash you :lol:

awesome man welcome to the avo turbo club, could you list your full mods and brand names for my personal interest.

p.s dont say you have 400 whp or they will start 2 call u a liar and bash you :lol:

Well right now I'm just stage 2, but I have all the parts for the swap.

Installed as of this moment;

Catless UP

Catted Invidia DP

AEM CAI

Perring mid pipes w/ Prodrive mufflers

Grimmspeed xpipe with ported and coated stock headers

Racer X FMIC

Waiting in the Garage

Prodrive EBCS

DW 850CC

APS turbo inlet

JDM TGV deletes

AVO 450 turbo, ported housing and compressor cover

Labonte Meth kit

This will be completely road-tuned using Cobb street tuner software

Oh, I also have a Perrin license plate frame so that adds something, right? ;)

Well right now I'm just stage 2, but I have all the parts for the swap.

Installed as of this moment;

Catless UP

Catted Invidia DP

AEM CAI

Perring mid pipes w/ Prodrive mufflers

Grimmspeed xpipe with ported and coated stock headers

Racer X FMIC

Waiting in the Garage

Prodrive EBCS

DW 850CC

APS turbo inlet

JDM TGV deletes

AVO 450 turbo, ported housing and compressor cover

Labonte Meth kit

This will be completely road-tuned using Cobb street tuner software

Oh, I also have a Perrin license plate frame so that adds something, right? ;)

This setup will do 400awhp. At agile it will probably do around 450whp.

Separately... Hater? I'm a skinny white guy with a business degree and a Yorkshire Terrier, not a gangster with street cred who hates on peoples cars :lol: Come on, let's be realistic here.

This setup will do 400awhp. At agile it will probably do around 450whp.

Separately... Hater? I'm a skinny white guy with a business degree and a Yorkshire Terrier, not a gangster with street cred who hates on peoples cars :lol: Come on, let's be realistic here.

lol, your a thug at heart tho:p

To add more fuel to the fire, i noticed you only have a spec 2 clutch, no way in hell you're holding 400whp without a puck clutch :lol:

fyi its stage 2+

and also john on .org with the gt30 turbo is making 420something on a mustang dyno and he is on a stock clutch.

p.s tq kills clutches not hp

Archived