LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

Go pcik up a biturbo S4. and then drop 10 grand into it. LOL.

Have a friend with god know what turbos on it now. Making 600+ low boost and 700+ high boost. Insane build. And yes he is like 21 and in college and mom and dad pay for it.

But thats another unreliable money pit. IDK why people think 40k for a STI or EVO is a resonable price. They only charge that because there arent really any other turbo AWD sedans. I wouldnt personally pay 38-40k for either car.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No doubt it's cheaper, but I don't mind paying the $1k premium to have access to newer generation aftermarket support and arguably better reliability. Either way you can't go wrong.

This is exactly why I stopped tracking the LGT after going stage3. I foolishly thought I was keeping it safe @ 320whp but first time out with the new turbo and I couldn't get through the straights without overheating. Apparently because of the Boxer's design the heads can momentarily separate from the block during extended boost periods (the kind that would not be possible to replicate on the street), causing the temps to rise and coolant to push out of the overflow. Search nasioc for "coolant pushing" and you will find hundreds of threads on STi's with the same issue. A lot of guys could not eliminate the issue even after a rebuild w/ ARP studs, and ended up giving up on the EJ as a viable track motor.

Not to say it can't be done, but for the money and time I would spend trying get it prepped I'd rather move on to a different platform. Plus it'll be nice to toss all DD concern out the window for a change:)

IDK where your getting this 1k premium? Where did you find a ls3+tranny+harness+access for 6k? Im not sure whats on ls1tech as i cant go on that site but on ebay when I was trying to check prices for a swap almost all of them wanted 10,500 buy it now for the engine, access and harness, no trans.

Maybe CRANK numbers, certainly not wheel. its a 44lb compressor and a .60 housing, you're not making >380whp on a subaru without 52lbs of compression or e85.

so glad u know what hp numbers im making... HATER!

395 is the power i make at the wheels

The s4's are actually pretty reliable. And boy oh boy do they haul the mail.

I think you are a fool to pay 40k for a sti or an evo. That's BMW Audi money. They are low mid 30k cars IMO.

so glad u know what hp numbers im making... HATER!

395 is the power i make at the wheels

Actually j255c has a really good point. If you have a 44lb/min turbo with .6A/R (or any A/R), you can't bend the laws of physics like you think. We are talking about a Legacy right?

What kind of dyno, what fuel, meth yes or no, what supporting mods, etc... please post.

If you did airboy, please post what weight you think you are, what size tires, logs etc.

Please.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Actually j255c has a really good point. If you have a 44lb/min turbo with .6A/R (or any A/R), you can't bend the laws of physics like you think. We are talking about a Legacy right?

What kind of dyno, what fuel, meth yes or no, what supporting mods, etc... please post.

If you did airboy, please post what weight you think you are, what size tires, logs etc.

Please.

2005 Legacy GT. Avo420turbo, meth injection, fmic, header, uppipe,downpipe,cai,850cc injectors,tgv delete, turbo inlet hose , bov, stage 2+ clutch flywheel, sport springs, sway bars, strut bars, . Protuned at agileauto on 93 octane.

dont have a single cat on my car.

might have missed something but got the basics.

Yeah it aint no 395wheel, do a 3rd gear pull starting from 2000-7000rpm give littlebluegt all your information/vehicle weight tire diameter, he'll give you the real deal and then tell you your maf isnt scaled and your pulling timing here or there :lol:.

I looked at all the other 420 charts, at best your making 360whp since you have the meth, still i doubt it.

And yes I'm a hater check the sig ;)

I'll tell you this I made 424whp on a dyno dynamics with 28psi on a 52lb gt30 turbo with ported heads +1mm valves and tgv deletes, that 424 was 370whp on a mustang. Apples to lemons. I say you do the road log and man up.

Back to OT. Inline 4's ftw for mad powers yo.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Yeah it aint no 395wheel, do a 3rd gear pull starting from 2000-7000rpm give littlebluegt all your information/vehicle weight tire diameter, he'll give you the real deal and then tell you your maf isnt scaled and your pulling timing here or there :lol:.

I looked at all the other 420 charts, at best your making 360whp since you have the meth, still i doubt it.

You are right, at least on an airboy, or even a high reading mustang dyno.

2005 Legacy GT. Avo420turbo, meth injection, fmic, header, uppipe,downpipe,cai,850cc injectors,tgv delete, turbo inlet hose , bov, stage 2+ clutch flywheel, sport springs, sway bars, strut bars, . Protuned at agileauto on 93 octane.

dont have a single cat on my car.

might have missed something but got the basics.

Yeah I hate to spell it out, but in real like you are not producing 395 whp. It's just not possible. You have a Garrett GT2871 with .6 A/R in a less-than-optimal housing set. You have done all the right things. Meth, FMIC, no cats (right for optimal power anyways)... do you have a straight-through exhaust? What kind of header? Doesn't really matter. 395 on E85 is obtainable. But with your turbo, it's just never going to happen on 93 even with meth. Now I don't doubt that the Agile dynopack spit out 395. But that is not the accurate measure of true 395. That's just how it goes. Not hating, just calling it like it is, objective and to the point.

Edit: Perhaps your opinion of 400whp is lacking because you are not really close to it. Perhaps putting on a bigger turbo and hitting 400 true whp will leave you feeling very happy. Something worth trying out?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I'll tell you this I made 424whp on a dyno dynamics with 28psi on a 52lb gt30 turbo with ported heads +1mm valves and tgv deletes, that 424 was 370whp on a mustang. Apples to lemons. I say you do the road log and man up.

Back to OT. Inline 4's ftw for mad powers yo.

Ah you beat me to it. 360 is generous. I'm thinking more in the 350-355 range depending on exhaust components.

BTW don't take it personally. Other sites are literally filled with people who drastically overstate their number, and this site is very special relative to them largely because people keep things very down to earth. It's a positive thing for sure.

FWIW I bought my 20g from a guy who bragged about making 400 whp with no meth :lol: He sold his car because it was too slow. Didn't have the heart then to tell him it was 325. But he probably wouldn't have believed me anyways. But alas, I have E85 and every supporting mod out there, and 400 whp will be tapped in higher gears no problem. His claim will be realized finally :lol:

DATA LOGS ARE THE ONLY SOURCE OF TRUE INFORMATION!!!!!!!

http://www.citizenofthemonth.com/wp-content/images/frink.gif

**** data logs. On board sensors of the car are no more valid than the external 'sensor' of a dynometer.

Trap speed is king.

agile is a hub based dyno right? think it read crank, dont be sad cuz we know your lying :) 330whp is the perfect amount for this car, dont go any further.

it doesnt read crank HP, it reads drive train loss sans the loss from the wheels and tires which makes it higher. Agile's dyno seems to be on the higher side of things, but then again every time someone goes to the track with high numbers from them they trap pretty high too.

it doesnt read crank HP, it reads drive train loss sans the loss from the wheels and tires which makes it higher. Agile's dyno seems to be on the higher side of things, but then again every time someone goes to the track with high numbers from them they trap pretty high too.

Yeah I was wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0s9tLKy10k]YouTube- Sooo Loud[/ame]

400whp from a dom 3 w/ ewg on that dyno.

Archived