LegacyGT.com

Its going down.....BNR LGT vs.....

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was NOT putting them in order. Just listing the engines i concider EPIC. and sadly the EJ engines dont get on there.

Whats the engine code for the 2.8 liter H6 in the 911 GT3?

Im glad people are starting to realize the ej engines are nothing spectacular. "oh but it has the infamous boxer rumble", shut up, give me an engine that doesnt even sneeze when you ask it for 400hp.

Ill give subaru credit where its due, the original 04-05 sti's were badass, but now they are not competitive at all. I also made a great bunch of friends through subaru(mostly all of us interested in going fast with turbos but all had subarus).

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

i love my Legacy. But I bought it knowing that anything much over 300hp and you are going to end up breaking a LOT. Not just the motor. Transmissions. clutches. engines.

Its a great daily driver with some room for improvement.

if you want to make 400+ hp without replacing a LOT of things... those engines I listed can get there(maybe NOT the honda engines, but seriously NA 1.8l making those numbers). And without the need to replace internals. Notmally those are getting there bolted/cammed and tuned or less.

i love my Legacy. But I bought it knowing that anything much over 300hp and you are going to end up breaking a LOT. Not just the motor. Transmissions. clutches. engines.

Its a great daily driver with some room for improvement.

if you want to make 400+ hp without replacing a LOT of things... those engines I listed can get there(maybe NOT the honda engines, but seriously NA 1.8l making those numbers). And without the need to replace internals. Notmally those are getting there bolted/cammed and tuned or less.

Oh trust me I know, it was an expensive lesson. Thats why I gave up after realizing its not the platform I want and am trying to sell it.

I was NOT putting them in order. Just listing the engines i concider EPIC. and sadly the EJ engines dont get on there.

Whats the engine code for the 2.8 liter H6 in the 911 GT3?

The gt3 has a 3.8 liter H6, there is also a 4.0 version for the gt3 rsr. But I dont think that engine should be on the list. Its a great engine 3.8 liter 6 that makes 385-435hp depending on model and year. But it isnt an everyday engine that the average joe can afford, it also has little modability and isnt a well known performance engine to many people other than porsche buffs and fans.

Why im pretty happy where mine sits. Might do a VF52 or BNR16G. stay TMIC and add a spray bar to it. But nothing more. Maybe top 300hp and be done with it.

Now after a house and shit. RX-LSx is in my future... If i fit in one(6'3" 300+lbs)

Because I wanted a 400whp DD that got good gas mileage when not boosting, could handle the snow, and is a sedan and somewhat affordable. There are not many vehicles that fit into that category and price range.

Because I wanted a 400whp DD that got good gas mileage when not boosting, could handle the snow, and is a sedan and somewhat affordable. There are not many vehicles that fit into that category and price range.

True, unless you wanna pay 40-80k and get into high end sedans. I love my legacy, its a great DD and at stage 2 has enough get up and go to do what a DD needs to do and still be somewhat fun. But I never bought this car thinking I would mod it past bolt ons. I knew someday i would have another v8 for that but right now im just having fun with my .6 liter honda engine that makes 125hp.

Could always get a EVO. dont lower it and have decent snow/all season tires. and it about fits the whole thing. Tuned you could get better gas mileage.

And as stated a EVO 8 with 9 turbo with cams and bolt ons can make near 400whp.

Never like the looks or interior.

IMO STI= better car quality, sound, looks and a great reliable engine when not pushed too far

EVO= better performance engine/ car

i liek the recaros. The rest is cheap. but thats the point. at your price range. If you want to top those power numbers. relibaly. Get an EVO!

Just dont do what my friend did and lower it and then put on a widebody front end. Snapped it at the gfenders and cracked the bumper.

Lol my work and home comp are IP ban from ls1tech. Im still on ls1.com though. Still the cheapest option is a ls1 short block with after market heads and valve train. Probably be under 5k for the tranny, harness, access, engine and a ls1 with those mdos would put down 430-460whp.

No doubt it's cheaper, but I don't mind paying the $1k premium to have access to newer generation aftermarket support and arguably better reliability. Either way you can't go wrong.

This is exactly why I stopped tracking the LGT after going stage3. I foolishly thought I was keeping it safe @ 320whp but first time out with the new turbo and I couldn't get through the straights without overheating. Apparently because of the Boxer's design the heads can momentarily separate from the block during extended boost periods (the kind that would not be possible to replicate on the street), causing the temps to rise and coolant to push out of the overflow. Search nasioc for "coolant pushing" and you will find hundreds of threads on STi's with the same issue. A lot of guys could not eliminate the issue even after a rebuild w/ ARP studs, and ended up giving up on the EJ as a viable track motor.

Not to say it can't be done, but for the money and time I would spend trying get it prepped I'd rather move on to a different platform. Plus it'll be nice to toss all DD concern out the window for a change:)

Never like the looks or interior.

IMO STI= better car quality, sound, looks and a great reliable engine when not pushed too far

EVO= better performance engine/ car

Have you ever been in the interior of an EVO? Its just as shitty as the STI's. The STIS interior is nothing to brag about either. Sure the sti may sound better, but the engine is not reliable when asking for 400whp no way looking around it. Looks, well after the 07 I personally thought they looked like dogshit so :rolleyes:.

Yeah I've thought about getting into an EVO, i just dont know if ill be able to stop:spin: its an addiction.

im doing just fine with 400whp.

i think it has more 2 do with the tune then actuall hp, a good tunner can get 450whp reliable from a ej a bad tunner cant get 350 reliable.

I dont think youre making 400whp with an av0420 bud :lol:. Also how long have you had your setup and why are you trying to sell it now?

I hear yah.

I keep waiting for an STI with a different engine (H6) but it never comes.

As of now, my next car (in a couple of years) will be an STI, and I am comfortable knowing I may need to build the block.

I am also comfortable with Cossy pistons, as I think they can make for a pretty reliable 400 whp car that doesn't have to be rebuilt every two years.

I dont think youre making 400whp with an av0420 bud :lol:. Also how long have you had your setup and why are you trying to sell it now?

your right im making 395hp, im not really trying 2 sell it unless i get a good offer. But the only reason i am kinda trying 2 sell it is becuase i dont really want 2 spend all the money with the 6 speed swap, and 400 hp isnt enough for me i would like to crack the 550 mark

gotta set a goal and know what it is.

I like my friends evo. Its fast and reliable and looks good. Interior is like most econobox racers. Its lower cost has to come from somewhere. THen again a set or replacement recaros is like 10grand....

But at 30 years old. I just thought that a more respectable car of a higher class was more fitting. But still needed to be modable and sporty. And the LGT fit that on all accounts.

gotta set a goal and know what it is.

I like my friends evo. Its fast and reliable and looks good. Interior is like most econobox racers. Its lower cost has to come from somewhere. THen again a set or replacement recaros is like 10grand....

But at 30 years old. I just thought that a more respectable car of a higher class was more fitting. But still needed to be modable and sporty. And the LGT fit that on all accounts.

ya im thinking about a evo.

My top 3 cars (in a reasonable price range) are as followed.

1.STi

2. Evo

3. Legacy

reason i got legacy was for insurance

your right im making 395hp, im not really trying 2 sell it unless i get a good offer. But the only reason i am kinda trying 2 sell it is becuase i dont really want 2 spend all the money with the 6 speed swap, and 400 hp isnt enough for me i would like to crack the 550 mark

Go pcik up a biturbo S4. and then drop 10 grand into it. LOL.

Have a friend with god know what turbos on it now. Making 600+ low boost and 700+ high boost. Insane build. And yes he is like 21 and in college and mom and dad pay for it.

Maybe CRANK numbers, certainly not wheel. its a 44lb compressor and a .60 housing, you're not making >380whp on a subaru without 52lbs of compression or e85.

Archived