LegacyGT.com

Top Mount Intake Project. Autodesk

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I am getting a Custom exhaust made and the guy does mandrel bent piping and I already have a built box that I am just waiting on some money to buy. So i figure just do it all right then and there. it should hopefully be next weekend but you never know.

When I get home June 1st I have a huge shop at my dads work that I can use to get the test fits going.

if I get it done first and it works I can bring it up to you if you want to replicate it and or improve upon it.

Just read through everything. Some interesting insight. I will be using this filter box if it is still for sale http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/WashHottestPlumber/57e5815b.jpg

It will be pretty much the same setup but with some t-304 mandrel bent piping. I am going to go for a vertical (down) 18x degree u shaped bend x inches from the filter. I am then going to mount the MAF as far from the bend on the underside as possible (apparently it isn't as important before as it is after) but without extra bends. Then 4in to the breather lines and IACV it will be a slopped pipe so hopefully all I will need is a 90 degree bend to connect it to the throttle body. I don't have my car with me so I will provide the correct measurements when I get to see her next and I have the filter box.

tmai?

top mount air intake ;)

the box i'm designing will be more efficient space-wise and it'll look a bit better, although somewhat similar, not many ways to make a box, lol

but i guess i need to stop talking about how good it is and finish the damn model lol

Yeah I am thinking its a bit big depth wise but I am contemplating some mods to make it fit. It's deep enough that I think i can cut a bit out on the bottom and seal it up with the pipe. I just dont want tubing wrapping around the intake for unesssicary length. do you have a new full mockup?

i have a CAD drawing almost done, minus the piping inlets, just a box design, its precise up to .001 of an inch, taking into account distance from throttle body to firewall, throttle body to pitch mount, adjusting for aftermarket strut bars, mounting locations, max airflow with least initial resistance, etc

^^ this is why I love engineering, er, can't wait to get to college.

sorry I can't be more help here guys, but I'm definitely in for the final product/criticism of anything. glad to have you on board tgx, nice to know another that's into this. cad rocks for manufacturing :D

can't wait justin, if it lives up to all the hype it might be the only model we'll need of the box. maybe I'm thinking too far ahead again. haha

i having a hell of a time with cad. haha im not the best at it.

but im try to make an envirerment that is to spec. so the TB and all the usable space is boxed off for the intake. than ill put 3d points in my car and measure those locations, taking in acount that the piping is 2.5 inches. so all point need to be 1.25 inches away from the rest of the car.

i am more using this to record my thoughts them actual discussion. ha

Shit. i ran out of memerory. thats why i cant change locations of point. o m g

i have 4 gb of ram to. and i just bought another video card, i could or ordered ram to. !!! ahh

Archived