LegacyGT.com

Top Mount Intake Project. Autodesk

^^^Anyone that uses "butt hurt" to describe a feeling is just a queer! Sorry, it's just too too much. Grow up.

butt hurt? i find that a good time to use that is in a friendly argument... saying "dont be a little crybaby bitch about it" is too harsh for the context whereas "oh im sorry to have slightly offended you, lets drop everything we're doing and talk about it" is unnecessary...

i find the term 'butt hurt' to be a solid 6/10 in that sentence.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
Just read through this thread and I like what I see, but why hasn't anyone made a prototype yet? I'm going to look into possibly making my own setup and see if it will work.

You are much more modivated then us.

I'm busy with a swap, developing a lift kit, skidplate, and push bumper.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

im too busy modifying a program to write correctly over radios to 30 remote well/ booster sites. the original programmer didnt make any concessions for future expansion, so the read/ writes conflict now that we are moving forward with upgrades.

but when i find the parts i want to use, ill be on this like flies on my fries. ill also be using torque to trend the data for both the stock box and mine to see if i can come up with a smoother airflow at higher throttle positions.

• 2 months later...
  • I Donated

Nope.

People don't seam to have the motivation or creativity to fabricate something. I would have no problem doing it, but I simply don't have the time. If you think you can come up with something, then by all means do it. This thread at least points you in the right direction.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

i've just got to find the time to get to a junkyard and look under the hood of a ram air car. once i can figure out the rain problem it should be all water under the...hood? i couldn't help myself. but on a serious note, the only issues are the maf, water, and space. only thing stumping me is the water.

a another way to make our hoodscoop have a purpose may be to have a top mount oil/tranny cooler.

pros:

-company who already makes them for the wrx

-meant to get wet (its a oil cooler)

-goes right into the stock airbox location

-going aftermarket radiator for an automatic and need a tranny cooler

-any mild modified car

cons:

-price around 500-650 bucks

-not straight bolt on yet

-doesnt do much for stock setup

The company Bline motorsports has a top mounted oil cooler for the wrx when they are running front mounts. I got in contact with them about developing something for the legacy gt's with unused hoodscoops.

Soon I will be paying them a visit to get one test fitted and all that is required to have it installed. I decided to get one as I am going to go with a koyo alluminum radiator soon and since they do not make one for the automatics (automatic radiators have built in transmission coolers) I thought of getting a manual one and getting the top mount oil cooler and use it as a tranny cooler.

When I get rolling on this project I will let you guys know with a dedicated thread.

http://www.blinemotorsports.com/oilcool.html

http://www.blinemotorsports.com/images/subaru_tmoc_1.jpg

http://www.blinemotorsports.com/images/subaru_tmoc_2.jpg

• 3 years later...

Archived