LegacyGT.com

Top Mount Intake Project. Autodesk

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really, it cant be that bad that it wont run. and this is what proto types are for, i only wish i had free rain on a 2x2x2 3d printer. closest i can get at school is 10x10x8. inches<< and even then its for our project their only.

how do i test to make sure im getting the right amount of something when im done. air to fuel ratio?

yea.. well. they say removing the snorkel afects the airflow and can lean out the motor and then bore wash.

anyone know how loud the intake is gonna be???

YES. part 2 worked. yes i stayed up till 3 am to install modeling software. you gonna laugh or be glad that at least one kid does something useful at 3 in the morning on the computer....haha

^^ excellent you gotta show us!

I've got a fender CAI right now, and in the engine bay it's pretty loud, but by the fender it's pretty damn loud. I'd imagine if you're drawing air from the top of the engine right by the scoop, you're going to get a loud loud intake, but it'll sound pretty awesome haha. amp, maybe I should sketch up my idea from a side and top view (I can't draw 3d and I don't have cad) and take precise measurements just to throw my idea out there, u know?

With just my snorkus deleted my car make a loud humming sound when you stand on the passenger side. I could see the top mount being fairly loud because the air will be somewhat forced in and the piping will have a lot of bends in it for the length.

i have noticed no sound difference from removing the snorkus,

i'm thinking that the piping from the top mount can run into the space where the airbox was, this will be fairly long, but will provide plenty of space for the maf and inlets

0509001603.thumb.jpg.a0c605a1223a51a2c001233e07f8c539.jpg

Here's my idea; it's a side shot, and sorry about the quality. I'm not much of an artist haha, I need some software to really do this up right. But I think it has the least amount of bends, and when supported it should seal up really nice against the scoop.

I'm not following...those are up by the passenger side fender. I'm talking about right at the back where the TB is; the piping that's there runs underneath the filter then snakes up to the tb all in a straight line when looking down on the setup.

**** AUTODEsK 2011. i cant model wont shit right now and everything i try ******* errors!! screw it. all the little things just piss me off. like how you drag a line to the end of another line. it wont just auto snap onto it. WTF.

shelling is fucked up but thats cause i have never used it before. but REALLY HOW HARD CAN IT BE

downloading 2010 right now. just ticks me off i cant make a simple part with out using the undo button 20 times a minute!

nvm. screw cad models. this is a diy picture specail. im just gonna fab something up with MY HANDS. the skills i have suck with auto desk i guess. even know im on the top in my class. i accept failure on my behalf.

i couldnt even imagine trying to model the whole thing.

maybe im pissed cause my computer is a little laggy with this program. like a right click take 1.26 seconds on average

done for tonight. i cant work when i heated. and i have home work. next weekend

So iam trying to figure out are you making a top mount Air intake?

If that the case it just so happeneds that they had a thread over on SLI.net and a driver over there just had one fabricated at a shop.

I think he still had one for sell on E-bay. heres the links and a photo of the gravel sports intake he got his idea from. hop this may be some help.

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17673 Hotty top intake.

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17837 for Sell link..

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17971 ? about MAF based.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gravelsports-top-mount-intake-non-turbo-132481p2.html heres a link for his thread here on Legacy GT.

1940581626_Gravelsports.jpg.b4f80771df4e95ebd54a6eb3b675732c.jpg

really. you think thats a good enough spot. maybe run the pipe farther left to get it even longer.

amazing how maybe people are trying to do this. well we have probably found them all aready haha. but does anyone know how involed it would be to change to map based????

ha sorry i cant stay a way. but i am staying away from cad till i am more skilled

Yes I think we could make that work. It should only need to be 4" long. For more air flow we could have the piping come out both sides and connect into a y then maf sensor then into the throttle body.

I don't think it is easy to switch to map based or I'm sure there would be many people who have done it. You would need someone that knows how to make a new map for the ECU.

Archived