LegacyGT.com

Top Mount Intake Project. Autodesk

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
why not top mount exhaust & brakes!

put a supercharger and some turbos on it with a new set of muffler bearings

There is actually function to the top mount intake....joke about it all you want. it IS a good idea

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
I've been thinking about doing a top mount oil cooler on mine. I don't have any aftermarket oil cooler right now, and I could really use one

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

MAP based engines aren't less sensitive to airflow changes. MAF sensors just need roughly laminar flow across the sample area.

Since I'm not going to read 17 pages, what is trying to be accomplished with the top-mounted-intake? Some kind of ram-air effect? That probably won't happen to any measurable degree. But you will be able to have a much greater filter media surface area, which will definitely improve performance.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wow just thought about catching up with this thread. and very dissapointing to see over a year later. even with all the people using the cad machines and engineering schooling. still nothing completed.

tryed googling this type intake and there are threads going back to 2004.

6 years ago and still nothing.

• I Donated
I have the skill and knowledge to do this.....even the equipment....however I just don't have time to do it. One of these days when I have time I'll build a prototype.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
ill send you all my stuff bron. just pay shipping.

I would.....if I had the money to pay to ship stuff. Maybe later on we will look into that.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

Would it happen to be the very same box that Amp himself made?

The elusive amp....hmm

Whoever can find amp gets a prize!

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• 8 months later...
ive had an idea floating in my head for this as well, but it wasnt designed around a mid-hood scoop like the subi has. i was thinking of utilizing open space, somewhere down closer to the headlight and cutting a custom scoop for it. if i can get my thoughts into a CAD drawing ill post some bits of it (i actually use cad often for work, hence why i hate using it after work). the rub i keep running into is the water build up, and how to dispose of it without upsetting the air flow.

Archived