LegacyGT.com

Top Mount Intake Project. Autodesk

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

I think this may be what you're looking for. Hopefully this will point yall in the right direction

http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17673

e4ffff56.jpg.c5d30bfeca0552019bf3d5f861fb86a9.jpg

scoobydoo14.jpg.4b1050253e2b3c65be6ee3178ad56cef.jpg

gravelsport.jpg.0fc010ad7b17519083644aa226ad045b.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

What does that mean, please be more clear. If your trying to say that we're all wasting our time you could have chimmed in a little earlier...

i was like the second post..

but anyways, im saying that using pipes to take the air from the scoop and directing it to blow into the stock filter position is a bad idea

^^ I second what justin said. too much effort, piping, time, and wasted practicality. I sorta like the logic behind this :spin: wouldn't a model from that help us out? if we can lengthen the piping at the back and put a maf housing there via the model, why not just run with that design?

I'm still down for a brand new design specific to 2nd gen legacys though.

Jack the head mechanic at EFI Logics has this type of intake on his track car. Granted its a N/A 2.5rs with a built SVX motor pushing 450hp, but none the less, he made an intake for the car that utilizes the hood scoop as a "ram/cold air intake"

found a video of mine of his car from a year ago when i was over there. in the second half you can see under the hood. they are nice guys contact them (http://www.efilogics.com) and im sure they would be glad to send you a picture or something for inspiration.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfC2k0AZPQ]YouTube- Jack's 3.5 RS[/ame]

• I Donated
yep we've come across this one before. if we could get the prints for that it'd be all fine and good, but we still have the maf and egr hoses to worry about installing.

MAF and EGR are an easy work around. Use a shorter tube under the box for the MAF and drill a hole for the EGR. MAF would be directly connected to the throttle body

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

yes it has. thats the problem with longer threads. people get to lazy to read it all. thus posting ideas already posted. thus making it even longer.

whos up for starting another thread...

and sorry i have not posted in awhile i was making a axleback

Archived