LegacyGT.com

Top Mount Intake Project. Autodesk

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting concept. I'd imagine it's less efficient than the idea that we were having though because it takes the air from the scoop and routes it to the existing filter placement, where it then goes through the standard piping and whatnot to get to the TB. A more direct fitment would be ideal, but this also bypasses the MAF issues that we were having too.

Holy Thread From Christmas Past Batmann!!!!

I Think we need someone to pick up a old grimspeed MAF, top mount and play around with tubing. If I had one at my disposal I would come up with something.

(im a visual/hands on learner)

Its probably be discussed before but does the tubing have to be a certain length from top mount. (i know at lease enough to squeeze in the maf)

soo im about to ask a noob question to this veteran thread, why cant we place the maf right in back straight part and then after it add in the 3 vacuum lines?? If it is in the way can we not angle it another way so that it is out the way?

ok im going back to the first post and im going to read, so i can seriously get caught up. I really want to help with this!

I agree with that. My only gripe is there needs to be the (I think) the crank vent hose, plus the three vacuum lines hooked up. Now, an alternative to this is to throw breather filters on the three and eliminate the hoses...just an idea.

I think we'd need to extend that rear metal tubing to accomodate for the MAF anyway, and throw on the three outlets for the vent hoses if we go that route. What I want to focus on is sealing; we won't get any gains from this if it's not sealed properly, and I like to hunt for ways to make things more efficient :)

BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

I think the problem was moving the maf to far from its normal position. Also if I remember right we needed 3-4in before and after the maf of straight or as close as we can come to straight piping to not throw off the maf readings.

Over break I may try and make a box and use flex piping on my white subi and see if I cant try a few things. If we can make this work I think would be by far the best mod to a 2nd gen as far as performance.

I am going to try and dig up my old cad models and see if I cant find some more ideas. Kaz what cad software do you use at school? If you have solidworks I can send you my files from before when I find them.

hmmm that does sound like a good idea with the breathers

hook up the vent crankcase. I dont think we will need to add in extra pipe before the maf. We will just turn it into a short ram intake, we will just need to worry about after, if we can measure a short ram intake (dont know if that has been done) and then see where can we add in pipe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • I Donated
I know I'm kind of digging up an old thread here...but has anyone made any progress on this? I'm interested to see what people come up with.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived