LegacyGT.com

Top Mount Intake Project. Autodesk

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think the box is too thin, it may be thick enough to house the filter, but it looks like thats it, there looks to be very minimal space for the air to travel under the filter, also, that looks like a rather extreme bend in the pipe from the back, which is why, i think, that it needs to exit from the side..

well the the air aint being pulled into the filter evenly. still restrictive.

and the bend is just a mock up.. if there is more room to go back before it hits the firewall i will.

my next one ill be sure to address the problems you guys think matter!

plus. the stock intake has a bend like that.

i think the box is too thin, it may be thick enough to house the filter, but it looks like thats it, there looks to be very minimal space for the air to travel under the filter, also, that looks like a rather extreme bend in the pipe from the back, which is why, i think, that it needs to exit from the side..

This. come on guys I go to sleep for a few hours and this happens?? there was like three pages for me to read through haha. great model amp, but zues has it, that outlet pipe from the box should go from the side or right at the corner to keep the bends at a minimum, and from the looks of it it'll give us enough room to bend the pipe back into the TB using the video route you put up. are we going to use the standard maf housing or fab up a whole new one so it doesn't need a stupid bracket? I used a napa part to mount pvc to mine, but had to drill out new holes to make it work. but it fits 3" pvc, so it works for me so far because that's all I used for my fender CAI.

DUDE. i just had the best idea whne i stepped in the shower. so good that i ran back out!!! skecthing it rightnow!!!!!!!!!111! it was like V-tec kicked in yo!!!! HAHA

So if I am seeing your model right the bottom where the pipe connects should be open. The hole will start on the side and go through to the bottom. If you want to cut that out get rid of the pipe out the back then use the shape you made for the pipe and extrude cut it through the filter box. I have class soon and after class I will fab up a new design using your idea and putting it out the side kinda.

So if I am seeing your model right the bottom where the pipe connects should be open. The hole will start on the side and go through to the bottom. If you want to cut that out get rid of the pipe out the back then use the shape you made for the pipe and extrude cut it through the filter box. I have class soon and after class I will fab up a new design using your idea and putting it out the side kinda.

yes put i had a hell of a time get the plane at the right angle using a 3 point plane in 3d sketch.

question. using loft do the 2 planes have to be parallel. and why cant i sweep a loft. like a .75by 8.6 shape out the box and loft/sweep into a 2.5 tube. well ill try tonight casue that was before i knew how to draw paths

just wait. that was just my second try. well the first sucked cause it was laggy. so this is my first real try.

TONIGHT

amp, you could also reverse your most recent artwork (:D) so that the to TB is on the right, given the amount of space on either side. I'm not sure if the master cylinder gets in the way on the driver's side, but I'll check that out. I like that idea much better because it's more accessible for service and the bends are minimized. let's see what you have subi; I'm working on another sketch right now (wish I could model, but I'll learn once I go to engineering school). Actually, I can help w/the boot work for where the scoop meets the panel filter, because that's something that I really want to see go into this.

amp, you could also reverse your most recent artwork (:D) so that the to TB is on the right, given the amount of space on either side. I'm not sure if the master cylinder gets in the way on the driver's side, but I'll check that out. I like that idea much better because it's more accessible for service and the bends are minimized. let's see what you have subi; I'm working on another sketch right now (wish I could model, but I'll learn once I go to engineering school). Actually, I can help w/the boot work for where the scoop meets the panel filter, because that's something that I really want to see go into this.

did you see my drawing a few pages back? im pretty sure we need to use that.. its what some of the high end intercooler setups use, i'll model up my idea later with cardboar

i vote no on the maf to map conversion

but heres the airflow idea

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/random/Untitled-1.jpg

using insulated heat foam tubing such as found here

This? and can ANYONE get in touch with some fabrication shop, so we can put our ideas into actual models? obviously we would all decide on a final master plan, but once that's all done with a cad and specific measurements and all, we have to get it tested and get the numbers back about if the damn thing actually works haha. as long as we do this as efficiently as possible, I'd expect to see some numerical increases. it's as good as a cai if sealed up properly, and it can have the advantage of a ram air setup at speed...oh this is awesome!!

all i got is math now! be on soon good job guys. haha

wait i got a small poster powerpoint thing to finish to and dinner now.

at this rate you guys will know how i live daily haha.

Archived