LegacyGT.com

Top Mount Intake Project. Autodesk

i just read this and its sounds like they change from map to maf.

sounds like they have forced induction though

idk what your talking about. a y in the intake? theres not room on the right side of the engine.... or at least there is less.

and you shouldnt put the maf that close the the butterfly's

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha i have tried reading shit about tuning but i cant even begin to learn. i need to have a person explain it to me. and hands on work.

i cant wait to see what kinda results i get from this intake and light pullys and ac out and professional reground. i predict a 15hp increase.

edit i just read about a converter box that can convert single from a map sensor to a maf reading. now if i understood this stuff i would believe it more or less.

So iam trying to figure out are you making a top mount Air intake?

If that the case it just so happeneds that they had a thread over on SLI.net and a driver over there just had one fabricated at a shop.

I think he still had one for sell on E-bay. heres the links and a photo of the gravel sports intake he got his idea from. hop this may be some help.

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17673 Hotty top intake.

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17837 for Sell link..

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17971 ? about MAF based.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gravelsports-top-mount-intake-non-turbo-132481p2.html heres a link for his thread here on Legacy GT.

yeah but we're all Maf based, unlike you, lucky dude

there's no MAF one made, he was going to but scrapped the idea after the hassle of the MAP

looks awesome, but only for the maps :( ok, so we need someone with connnections to a fab/shop that'll do this for a number of us; why don't we start there? we can mention to the shop to add a mount for the maf in the back of that pipe, because I'd imagine it'd work there, right?

yeah but we're all Maf based, unlike you, lucky dude

there's no MAF one made, he was going to but scrapped the idea after the hassle of the MAP

Oh hey there Zeus. i was not sure if he was trying to make a MAF version. guese i should have read it a bit better. i thought he was doing a MAP based and was thinking my post/link would help him out a bit showing that it has been done.

Just out of curiosity wonder if it would do any good to talk to Matty and see where his Fab shop is? i think they may have gave up thinking there would be any demand for the part?? maybe they would be interested in doing this scence they already accomplished a MAP based version.

here's what i was thinking for a potential maf spot

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/random/Untitled.jpg

MSpaint ftw.. the blue scribbles are where the maf could be placed, the orange is the hose

thank you. for telling what the colors are. most people would not.

the blue on the left is the best spot i think. i dont see why you guys are running it up to the stock airbox and then back. in my idea the tube goes down in the turbo space.

here i can some pics and videos.

thank you. for telling what the colors are. most people would not.

the blue on the left is the best spot i think. i dont see why you guys are running it up to the stock airbox and then back. in my idea the tube goes down in the turbo space.

here i can some pics and videos.

+1 that's exactly what I was thinking, use the dead space near the rear of the bay. zues, why couldn't a maf mount be fabbed into the rear of that pipe on the impreza topmount where it's straight?

the middle picture on the bottom is what worries me. if the filter is right where the scoop is going to meet, there's not alotta leeway for it to get a maf plus all the egr hoses in. thanks for the pictures, nice little mock up too!

nah definitely not. can't put it there :spin: this is frustrating.

umm...his drawing was a good idea, but it takes up a hell of alotta unnecessary space. I think the impreza box was the best idea, but we just gotta get the maf into it. I really want to do a boot on the scoop too, so that ALL the air is directed to the filter with a good seal to get as much positive boost as possible. not turbo crazy, but definitely something significant. I want to do this so bad and tell people that the scoop is functional :)

the middle picture on the bottom is what worries me. if the filter is right where the scoop is going to meet, there's not alotta leeway for it to get a maf plus all the egr hoses in. thanks for the pictures, nice little mock up too!

DUDE the maf is not going there. it is going were i have it in the pic. DUDE

and the vac line are conecting right after the panel. like allmost on the box like in all the other pics of the map ones!

but was my HAND path pic by pic good? it goes down in a big as loop. and you can fit a 2.5 pipe behide that ac line.

the Panel Houseing box(thats what we will call it from now on so we look smart) will be just think enought for the filter(1 inch in front) and 1.75 in back. this makes the box level and puts the panel filter at the right angle.

in the pics the panel is hanging low too. about .2 lower.

ill have a video of the path on youtube casue i cant direct up load a video here.

OH THAT'S WHY YOUR HAND WAS THERE. makes sense now, yeah haha I wasn't trying to say the maf goes there I know better :p ok good, I don't like the length of piping that's involved but hey, we gotta do what we gotta do. keep going dude, this is awesome!

****, i wish we were able to meet up and do this,

i didnt even think of shoving it down where a downpipe would be, i have a pretty good idea of how to isolate the airflow into only the filter,

legacy meet in kansas? :rolleyes:

shoot, what's the idea? I'm gonna get some sleep, but tomorrow I'll take another look at mine to see where else we can route the piping. if we're going to have a long amount of it, I don't see the use of converting to map based either; I'm no good with electronics haha.

Archived