LegacyGT.com

i hate old people

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DAMN DAMN DAMN. You shit was sick too. Damn, you can't enjoy shit these days. Sorry about your lost. I hope the lady gets whats comin to her.

+1

Damn son, 4 realz, y0. 4 realz.

Yo you know the panel on the back that has the "AWD" on it on the left hand side, mine has a dent so since your car is fucked i will buy that panel off you, get your new car fund started ;)

And its the old and the young who are the worst drivers,

ive only been driving by myself for 3 months so theres obviously a lot of road experiences, i have yet to experience. Plus were generally going to drive faster being young and pumped on testosterone :p

So maybe the old lady who stopped, and the young driver who was going to fast made a combined accident , learn from this experience

The fact is that your not supposed to be following at a distance where you can not stop.

AT any time if the driver infront of you slams on there breaks you should have the distance/ reaction time to stop, thats how you drove when you took your drivers test, this is why it is always 100% your fault when rear ending another car. ( in the eyes of the law, We all know we can place the blame on others pretty easily and leave ourselves in the light) lol

especially when theres a few cars infront of you, you should of noticed there break lights coming on and thats when you put your breaks on, little tip...

im really sorry about your car man,

another black legacy gone :(

That saturn looks like a tank though, considering the subie bunched up like a tin can

bash all you want, i dont give a ****, i know what happened, so does the 2 guys who were involved and told the cops wat the old bitch did, but i have full coverage and planning to get another subaru.

:lol::lol::lol:

what are you? 17, 18?

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Most likely. I think a lot of people who frequent the 2nd gen sub-section are between the ages of 16 and 18.

WTF & GTFO! :lol:

My other cars are G35X and New Pathfinder. I'm not young. I competitively race my legacy. My legacy is faster than yours(1/4mi or AutoX) and most of the 3rd/4th/5th/6th gen owners that frequent these forums(like this generalization?).

Another thing if you look at the majority of second gen owners they are 30+, every local BD owner I've met (which is a lot) were 28+. The new/young kids want the factory turbo Legs or something "newer" in the 00'+ range. It's not "cool" to be in a BD for most.

Young kids get GC Imprezas if they can't afford WRX.. Legacy is a sport lux deal. So If a young person does choose the BD, it's not to be fast it's to have sunroof, 2.5L and leather. Scratch that it's to have the best looking legacy ever made to date.:cool:

My other cars are G35X and New Pathfinder. I'm not young. I competitively race my legacy. My legacy is faster than yours(1/4mi or AutoX) and most of the 3rd/4th/5th/6th gen owners that frequent these forums(like this generalization?).

Another thing if you look at the majority of second gen owners they are 30+, every local BD owner I've met (which is a lot) were 28+. The new/young kids want the factory turbo Legs or something "newer" in the 00'+ range. It's not "cool" to be in a BD for most.

Young kids get GC Imprezas if they can't afford WRX.. Legacy is a sport lux deal. So If a young person does choose the BD, it's not to be fast it's to have sunroof, 2.5L and leather. Scratch that it's to have the best looking legacy ever made to date.:cool:

I said a "lot" not all ;). But it makes sense really. Subies are typically reliable, safe cars, and older models are cheaper to buy and insure. Makes a great first car for someone. I'm speaking from experience, as my first car was a BD. A red, 95' Legacy L that was handed down to me at 17 after my father had driven it with no problems at all for 6 years.

Your car is sick BTW, and you might be right about the faster thing :cool::lol:

False. I'm one that was never looking for the factory turbo. Sure, I want power, who doesn't? But I've paid for everything for my subaru myself, including the purchase price, 3k in work, insurance, and other shit, all on minimum wage and around $120 a wk. No way a 4th gen would've been in my budget, but it would be an understatement to say I don't love my car; sure I wish it was a manual and didn't do 0-60 in 10.2, but hey, whatever. It looks great, handles great, sounds great. It's plenty fast for me, and I'm proud that I learned how to drive on the legacy. I know you said "for most people" but it still caught me a little off guard. But I'm 18 :spin:

So is this going to turn into a part out thread, or did we piss off the OP enough to scare him off? Again sorry about your loss dude. It was a sweeet black legacy, I'd hate to lose mine.

Penguin, take that bad storm in your avatar and shove it in your mouth. Your leaking nonsense from last night's storm. :lol::spin:

Scoobydooby, I fail to see the majority of owners in BD are young punks or in this section of the forum? I do realize new gen owners come over to start stuff when they are bored. You'll notice 2nd gen owners on this forum play nice with each other even when we don't want to. Whatever it's not a big deal, I'm over it.

vouch

im 18 and i bought my car because its the best looking car i have seen, Literally only seen 6 of them in my city aswell. and im not needing a fast ass turbo car for my first car the legacy does extremely well more luxury and spacious than i need love my woodgrain and i think it was the first subaru with stock gold rims which i have, yet to see another gold package in real life :)

I plan on keeping the leg indefinately doing some rally or eventually a wrx swap if i can make the cost seem more viable in my future

And because all the older crowd is getting pissed off we should change the title to " I hate people who have passed there driving prime and not all older people in general"

part out, mhm maybe depends on how much the insurance wants for it, me and my friend was talking about stripping it completely, and we think the jdm motor may still be good, the car was still running until i shut it off. they are already giving me a hard time getting my rims and strut back but i already got my intake, my head unit, amp, amp wiring kit and subs

part out, mhm maybe depends on how much the insurance wants for it, me and my friend was talking about stripping it completely, and we think the jdm motor may still be good, the car was still running until i shut it off. they are already giving me a hard time getting my rims and strut back but i already got my intake, my head unit, amp, amp wiring kit and subs

tell your insurance you need the car since that motor and rims are new and that you want reimbursement or your stuff back. If your getting another BD.. tell them you want to find a replacement and look for the cleanest low mileage BD you can find. BUT If you could find a dirt cheap blown legacy in great condition and then have 3-4k left over that would be perfect for turbo swap.

Looks like New South Wales, Australia is the place to drive.

We have addressed many of the above issues and i believe (as a 20 year old) it is definitely for the better.

-Cannot drive turbos until you have obtained a full licence (minimum age - 20). We get our Learners at 16, then 3 years of provisional licence.

Not everyone, but most young drivers will have gotten all the stupidity out of them/have had a few incidences by the time they reach this stage and they are more experienced on the roads.

-Once you reach 80, you must take another drivers test. This could be moved to a younger age but its a start. Then once you hit 85, you have to take an annual test and pass to keep your licence. If you fail 3 times in a row, you are now unable to obtain another licence. My grandfather lost his a few years back and it was pretty hard on him but i know it is much better on everyone else out there. Then my grandma had a pretty nasty accident in her own driveway and hasnt driven since. Repaired the car, then sold it and use the money for taxi fares. Win win.

-Depending on how much you want to pay, you can either renew your licence every 1, 3 or 5 years. You dont take a test but it needs to be renewed with a new picture, etc.

-Once you reach 80, you must take another drivers test. This could be moved to a younger age but its a start. Then once you hit 85, you have to take an annual test and pass to keep your licence. If you fail 3 times in a row, you are now unable to obtain another licence.

This is a great idea. I agree could be pushed back to say age 70 or so.

Yea i think it could maybe be; 60 (15 years) 75 (10 years) 85 (five years) 90 (one year) 91, 92, 93...etc.

There is a long time between the first driving test we do (at 17 years old) and 80. It just sucks for people, like myself :p, who really take pride in driving well. I started at 9 years old on a private property and currently do an odd 600km/week (372 miles) and feel that even at 20, i have alot of experience and know what im doing on the road - this can only get better as i get older :)

Not sure what the rules are in other states but thats how it is in New South Wales anyway.

Archived