LegacyGT.com

i hate old people

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless if he was too close, not paying attention.. EVEN if he wasn't and was he would of crash into the car or another non moving object to avoid car in front. Picture driving on the highway and a baby elephant is on it. how fast you think you can stop without crashing when your doing 60 and catches you off guard because it should not be there, you'd be dead or in a tree when trying to avoid collision.

Food for thought The new Mustang GT stops in 110ft from 60mph. No1 keeps 110ft(that's over 12 car lengths) away from each other while driving on busy highway, it's not practical and I highly doubt an old Legacy L can stop even in 130ft. Factor in 15-20ft for reaction time, so there you go 150ft would of saved him maybe.

*Also why would you ban him unless he's threatening people. Why can't a dude vent his frustration, people love their Subarus. TBH you guys came into his thread to bash him more and fuel the thread. Matter of fact you new gen guys occasionally poke in and turn our threads to shit. So I think it's fair for him to tell people to F off. THE 2nd Gen Forum likes him and he's was an active member on here. This is BS.

Food for thought The new Mustang GT stops in 110ft from 60mph. No1 keeps 110ft(that's over 12 car lengths) away from each other while driving on busy highway, it's not practical and I highly doubt an old Legacy L can stop even in 130ft. Factor in 15-20ft for reaction time, so there you go 150ft would of saved him maybe.

Fail logic. You are assuming the car ahead of you will instantly come to a stop. The car in front of you has to stop as well, so you have way more than the distance you are following to stop. Theoretically you only need to keep as much distance as is the difference in braking distances between your cars and theirs PLUS whatever your reaction time is. So if your car can stop in 130 feet but the car in front of you can stop in 110, then assuming you brake at the same time as them, you'd only need 20 feet distance between you and them to not hit. Reaction times will change this of course, but that's the gist of it.

Regardless if he was too close, not paying attention.. EVEN if he wasn't and was he would of crash into the car or another non moving object to avoid car in front. Picture driving on the highway and a baby elephant is on it. how fast you think you can stop without crashing when your doing 60 and catches you off guard because it should not be there, you'd be dead or in a tree when trying to avoid collision.

*Also why would you ban him unless he's threatening people. Why can't a dude vent his frustration, people love their Subarus. TBH you guys came into his thread to bash him more and fuel the thread. Matter of fact you new gen guys occasionally poke in and turn our threads to shit. So I think it's fair for him to tell people to F off. THE 2nd Gen Forum likes him and he's was an active member on here. This is BS.

If you check my post on the last page with all the research I did, the reaction time is more like 30 something feet at 45 MPH, even greater at 60. A car travels 66 feet per second at 45.

If you check my post on the last page with all the research I did, the reaction time is more like 30 something feet at 45 MPH, even greater at 60. A car travels 66 feet per second at 45.

See you understand then what I'm saving even worse than my quick guestimate.

Stang, MY logic is success, You will never brake before the person in this case and it would be too late, you would of never saw the lady stopped UNLESS you were coming around a bend on the highway. The car and SUV in front block view. Do you know how fast 60mph is at a stand still. Doesn't sound like much but you have very little time to get to full stop in a 3200lb+ cage.

Platinum Racing knows what I'm saying.

LMAO...

Guys, I just found exactly where this accident took place. Go to Google Maps and look up.... 5711 US Highway 19

New Port Richey, FL 34652

Get Directions

Go to the street view and check out the scene. I can point out a couple discrepancies, but I'll wait to see if anyone else points them out first.

I'm on google maps now..

I see it 3 lanes VERY busy/dense not much room to maneuver without hitting parked cars, telephone poles, or oncoming traffic.. I'd take my chances with the back end of the Saturn. LOL I'm not going to lie.:cool:

Besides your not allow to pass there solid lined lanes. :lol:

Not too mention other drivers in other lanes to may hit when swerving.

I'm currently going down the highway to see the 55mph sign. Should be 40-45 instead.

*Edit I see 45 and 55, don't know which zone he was in.:iam:

Stang, MY logic is success, You will never brake before the person in this case and it would be too late, you would of never saw the lady stopped UNLESS you were coming around a bend on the highway. The car and SUV in front block view. Do you know how fast 60mph is at a stand still. Doesn't sound like much but you have very little time to get to full stop in a 3200lb+ cage.

Platinum Racing knows what I'm saying.

Can someone else explain to me what he's trying to say then? Lol, I don't want to be an ass but I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Help!

Meh. He was about six car lengths away from the stop line.

I call shenanigans.

EDIT:

Heh. Also Just noticed there is no skid marks behind the Saturn, nor the Subies front tires. I remember when someone yanked out in front of me in a parking lot, I left four skids marks (about 2 feet long) on all four tires.

Twas probably texting, and wasn't paying attention.

True Dat.....

It means the only reason to "hit" someone in front of you is to let let them know you want to pass.:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Meh. He was about six car lengths away from the stop line.

I call shenanigans.

EDIT:

Heh. Also Just noticed there is no skid marks behind the Saturn, nor the Subies front tires. I remember when someone yanked out in front of me in a parking lot, I left four skids marks (about 2 feet long) on all four tires.

Twas probably texting, and wasn't paying attention.

you do realize when you hit someone you move the car in front of you, im sure if there was pics of behind the car, there would be skid marks, everyone should really stop assuming shit.

Archived