LegacyGT.com

i hate old people

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
old people < teenage girls with big sunglasses < asians

:lol:

this thread is full of bashing everyone, idk if the OP was looking for this. but...stang makes a good point. my family has been hit by all three of these groups, and NOT any other. actually, one was a teenage asian girl with ridiculous yellow sunglasses. but grand cherokees trump cavaliers :bbq:

:lol:

this thread is full of bashing everyone, idk if the OP was looking for this. but...stang makes a good point. my family has been hit by all three of these groups, and NOT any other. actually, one was a teenage asian girl with ridiculous yellow sunglasses. but grand cherokees trump cavaliers

Only because you don't live in Southern Cali otherwise you would have also been hit-and-run AT LEAST ONCE by an illegal latino/latina.

had an old guy in a dark blue BD wave at me today, i NEVER get waved at by other subarus, let alone older owners.....made my day.

living in a college town i see FAR more frat boys and sorority girls driving like complete douches not paying attention to anything in their expensive Mercs and BMWs that daddy bought for them than i have old people being dangerous. i will take being stuck behind a granny in her buick going 5 under than having some sorority girl in her Land Rover with HUGE sunglasses talking on her iPhone while riding my rear bumper any day of the week.

i will take being stuck behind a granny in her buick going 5 under than having some sorority girl in her Land Rover with HUGE sunglasses talking on her iPhone while riding my rear bumper any day of the week.

^ It totally depends on what the sorority girl looks like and if she lets you hit her back in her sunglass wearing Land Rover to make up for it (I did not know Land Rovers had huge sunglasses).

I think everyone is missing the point here: going 15 over and rear ending someone is not the other person's fault. :lol:

Do I speed? Sure. Not knocking the OP for that at all..... just when you get in an accident, be prepared to man up about it and what the REAL speed limit was. ;)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I think everyone is missing the point here: going 15 over and rear ending someone is not the other person's fault. :lol:

I think even you missed the point: No matter how fast you are going, if you rear end someone, it is your fault (been rear ended twice, both times stopped at a red light :spin:).

Oh yeah, and it is okay to get rear ended by a hot girl as long as she has insurance and changed your oil.

Lol, at no point did I say old people are WORSE than young drivers... but there are some old people who should NOT be driving. Case in point: The old couple that would have rear-ended me if I hadn't KNOWN there were old people behind me and kept an eye in my mirror as I stopped at a yield sign. Had to floor it in front of the car I was supposed to yield to and the old people skidded to a stop where my car had been sitting.

IMO, in order of increasing worst-ness, here is my extremely stereotypical and prejudiced bad-driver scale:

old people < teenage girls with big sunglasses < asians

e

I have found (in my old age) the to presume that the guy(s) in front of you, and behind you, are total idiots, no matter what the age, is a survival characteristic.:lol:

On the other hand, I have been lucky:lol:

Because I have been known to show what real tailgating is:) UMMM, 1/4 inch close enought for ya:lol::spin:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

^ It totally depends on what the sorority girl looks like and if she lets you hit her back in her sunglass wearing Land Rover to make up for it (I did not know Land Rovers had huge sunglasses).

snobby rich brat type with an eating disorder.....and about the sunglasses, havent you seen them? they are the latest car craze :spin:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9541/rangeroverwayfairer.jpg

I think they need to make elders take the drivin test 4 times year. I see a lot of them just puttin cars into traffic w/o thinkin, drivin slower then the traffic, bein in the fast lane doin the speed limit, runnin their brakes, pumpin the brake, and the list goes on. lol.

I think even you missed the point: No matter how fast you are going, if you rear end someone, it is your fault (been rear ended twice, both times stopped at a red light :spin:).
Ummmm.... yeah, that was my point. :lol: Did you miss it? We just said the same thing. :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I think they need to make elders take the drivin test 4 times year. I see a lot of them just puttin cars into traffic w/o thinkin, drivin slower then the traffic, bein in the fast lane doin the speed limit, runnin their brakes, pumpin the brake, and the list goes on. lol.

I am going to vote for an annual driving test not written for anyone over 65 and I dont mean that in an ageist way. My grandfather would speed up to 80mph and slow down to 50mph over and over on the freeway/highway and not keep pace when we finally pried the keys out of his hands. It is a statistical fact (I can hit an almanac if anyone really cares) that teenagers and elderly are the most likely age groups to be in crashes even though most drivers are not teenagers or elderly.

Ummmm.... yeah, that was my point. :lol: Did you miss it? We just said the same thing. :lol:

I was expaning on your point in that it does not matter if you are going "15 miles over" or 15 miles an hour, if you rearend something in front of you it is your fault. Hell, if I am on a slope and you stop closer than a car length from the back of my car and I roll back going into gear and hit you, it is still your fault :lol:

Not arguing with your OP:wub: just pointing out that speed is not relevant.

If you want to know something really scary, drivers licenses here in Arizona are valid for 40 years. I don't have to go take another driving exam or get my eyes tested until 2048. Now imagine Phoenix being in the top 5 largest metro areas in the US, and now imagine how scary driving here is...

Yeah, I'll take a pic of my drivers license if you want proof! I couldn't believe it when I got my license. And according to the AZDOT, 1 in 18 motorcyclists are killed yearly here, just in the Phoenix area alone.

The number of kids driving outnumber the number of old people driving. So, by an absolute count, there would be more teen accidents. But if you look at the ratio, accidents per driver in that age group, that would tell a much better story.

The news is always trying to stir shit up and make it all contreversial.

^^ I can't agree with that. there are some (like the lady who hit the brakes) who shouldn't, but there are some that are rly good. I've been trying to push for retesting for liscenses every 10yrs after you hit 60, because things slow down after then. if you can't react within a reasonable time, or understand what's going on around you, no liscense. ct has passed all these teen driving laws because of two big crashes with idiots driving sti's that their richass parents bought for them, and there are all these little crashes everyday involving the old guys. I'm not saying either age is better, but we should be tested the same to see if we're able to drive.

I would agree, but AARP would never let that happen. They are THE LARGEST lobbying group in the nation. And as we speak, more an more old people are happening...yes, happening. Damn baby boomers....

I wouldn't worry about the old people in cars - the ones in the 40 foot RV's and buses towing a dingy - so now you have 35,000 pounds and nearly 70 feet going down the freeway (and HOV lanes, because they are excempt as a motorcoach), with no commerical or air brake certification, driving down the road. Hell, have the time, they won't even remember where they are going!

This.

If you couldn't stop in time, you were either driving too fast, too close, or both.

Man up, accept you are at fault (that's all insurance is going to see) and stop putting the blame on someone else. Be thankful you aren't hurt and you didn't hurt someone else, and learn from your mistake.

Like someone else said, what if the old lady stopped because a child ran out in front of her car? Then what would you be saying? Whose fault would it be then?

Hate to say it, but you're not painting a good picture for yourself.

What's the address of the accident? Let's see this on Google Maps....

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

There was a post earlier that had a couple links to the google maps address...

Not to press the subject here.... but why is there a stop light in the middle of your 55MPH "major" highway? :iam: This is the oddest thing I've ever heard of. :spin:

Sooo... I looked into it. US 19 is one of the deadliest roads in America. And, on US 19 in that area it's actually 45MPH. As seen here just 4 blocks south of where you were and also seen here just 6 blocks north of where you were. I guess I would say just be careful out there and watch the speed limits. :)

In NJ, we have a lot of roads with 55 mph speed limits that have lots of lights... pain in the ass. Still tho if you know how to operate a vehicle, it shouldn't be a problem, lol. I'm only 21 and it's amazing how much stupid shit I've seen on the roads.

My grandpa is 75 and he is a pretty good driver when he focuses. Usually I drive when I go somewhere with him though. He cuts people off all the time because he doesn't see them. He cut a semi off on the freeway in Spokane once, I thought it was going to hit us. And he always likes to tell stories in the car so as soon as he starts with that he drops to 50 in the 65. My grandma can't drive, she never got her license. My other grandparents are pretty good at driving. My grandpa drives a little slow, my grandma drives more like a younger person that someone her generation. It's just bad because old people start losing their depth perspection and sight and then that's when things start to happen. Yeah people my age have their own problems.. Tailgating, texting, talking on the phone, etc.. but even though we do that we still have pretty decent reaction times to stuff. I don't text and drive because my phone is touch screen so I have to look at it. I'm working on the whole tailgating thing but it is actually hard to stop doing it when you have been doing it so long.

Archived