LegacyGT.com

i hate old people

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is she paying for it, kaz? Both of the times my car has been hit it was parked. I don't know how people manage to do it because it is a shiny white car and it is always clean!

Same thing with mine. I refuse to park mine on the street anymore!:spin:

Yeah when I'm at work I park in the very back corner of the parking lot by this lady I work with who has a flawless 1999 Outback. We are the only ones that park by each other because we know we won't get any door dings or anything lol

Seriously.. Old people should not have licenses! I tailgate really badly but lately I've been trying to back off a little bit because I don't want to get in an accident. That really sucks though! You just painted the car and everything!

Baddog, my mom owns one of those POS Suburban's and that thing is the best car we have ever owned! It is a 2000, that thing still hauls a** even with 184K on it.

Really seems to me people with V8 power are really slow at pressing down a gas pedal and to stop being such god darn pussies. But I really shouldn't say its suburbans I only said that because I got behind some middle aged man who really couldn't find the gas pedal and had no balls. But overall I have noticed people with trucks are such panzies.

what really didnt help was the car being lowered, the guy in the suv said he got lifted up, if u look at the front, the bumper support frame didnt take any damage, and for the last time i wasnt following closely, ******* car stopped for no reason, this was on one of the major highways here, anyone older 65 shouldnt be driving

^^ I can't agree with that. there are some (like the lady who hit the brakes) who shouldn't, but there are some that are rly good. I've been trying to push for retesting for liscenses every 10yrs after you hit 60, because things slow down after then. if you can't react within a reasonable time, or understand what's going on around you, no liscense. ct has passed all these teen driving laws because of two big crashes with idiots driving sti's that their richass parents bought for them, and there are all these little crashes everyday involving the old guys. I'm not saying either age is better, but we should be tested the same to see if we're able to drive.

......or, you can not drive like an asshole.

This.

If you couldn't stop in time, you were either driving too fast, too close, or both.

Man up, accept you are at fault (that's all insurance is going to see) and stop putting the blame on someone else. Be thankful you aren't hurt and you didn't hurt someone else, and learn from your mistake.

Like someone else said, what if the old lady stopped because a child ran out in front of her car? Then what would you be saying? Whose fault would it be then?

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

......or, you can not drive like an asshole.

Richard Gere says that is the correct answer

http://kingtartous.com/king/images/Richard%20Gere.jpg

so some old lady decided to stop at a GREEN light making the 2 cars in front of me slam on their brakes and i slammed on mine and still went into the back of the saturn the subaru is fucked :icon_cry:

I am really sorry for your loss but you have noone to blame but yourself. Any time you rear end someone it means you were going too fast for the situation. I don't care if I stop in a no stopping zone, if I get rear-ended it is absolutely the driver behind me's fault for expecting me to do something and acting on their expectation instead of what is really going on. This is why we all are more likely to get in accidents around our homes and not in unfamiliar territory.

If you want to drive fast, take it to the track where the conditions are "more" predictable. Driving on public streets is never predictable...never.

I tailgate really badly but lately I've been trying to back off a little bit because I don't want to get in an accident. That really sucks though! You just painted the car and everything!.

I tend to either downshift very hard with no brake lights or slam on the brakes when someone tailgates me. Particularly in my Durango with its huge hitch and incredibly heavy beams. Of course when I am not the fastest thing around I tend to stay OUT of the left/fast/passing lane as well.

If you can admit to tailgating why would you not try to stop it?? Your only asking for an accident like this to happen. I only slow down more when someone is tailgating me and by no means is it going to get you anyplace faster. I hate being in front of tailgaters I absolutely hate riding with tailgaters and if your traveling at a safe distance and speed it's nearly impossible to get in this type of an accident..... unless your constantly on your phone or changing your music

damn, i stay like 2 cars behind people and stop with a half car length in front of me and i'm 20, i'd kill myself if my front end got damaged.. especially the bumper

but fer realz, buy the car back, i need a fender liner

:)

Really seems to me people with V8 power are really slow at pressing down a gas pedal and to stop being such god darn pussies. But I really shouldn't say its suburbans I only said that because I got behind some middle aged man who really couldn't find the gas pedal and had no balls. But overall I have noticed people with trucks are such panzies.

:rolleyes: Just because a vehicle has a V8 does not mean its fast. Perhaps they have their whole family in the car and don't see a reason to accelerate quickly. Or perhaps they'd like to see more than single digit mpg so they don't go around flooring it everywhere.

On a major highway, and there is a stoplight? Hmm. And a 25 ft skidmark, but at the end of that 25 feet you hit a car, and pretty hard, so theoretically had you not hit someone, wouldn't the skidmark be longer, meaning you were really going faster than 60? And really, if your driving in a modified car, and you can't out-brake TWO people braking in front of you, and one of them is an SUV...that is really too f_ckin close. No way around it.

I know you are probably already pissed, but as others have said, just take your blame here. I hate it when I see accidents and the person at fault is like "but that person did blah blah blah!!!"

I hate old people as well, and I don't know the circumstances... but if you couldn't stop in time for a Saturn SUV in your GT, maybe you were following a bit too closely? It could have just as easily been a small child the old lady stopped for and then you'd have no excuse at all...

Really sucks for your car tho, it's probably totaled right? **** old people, you had a damn sweet car :(

Sorry, don't mean to be an asshole, lol. At least now you can get another car!

As opposed to the tailgating, texting while driving, yapping on the cell phone, young whippersnappers:lol:

Sorry about your car.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Not to press the subject here.... but why is there a stop light in the middle of your 55MPH "major" highway? :iam: This is the oddest thing I've ever heard of. :spin:

Sooo... I looked into it. US 19 is one of the deadliest roads in America. And, on US 19 in that area it's actually 45MPH. As [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF8&q=brew+city+florida&fb=1&gl=us&hq=brew+city&hnear=florida&cid=0,0,17653224149536330244&ei=VJ_hS4miH4vaNtuE4ewC&ved=0CAcQnwIwAA&ll=28.237907,-82.727813&spn=0,0.010525&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=28.237658,-82.727838&panoid=X9P2bfYojlvjsISuSLDjBw&cbp=12,176.64,,0,4.17]seen here [/ame]just 4 blocks south of where you were and [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF8&q=brew+city+florida&fb=1&gl=us&hq=brew+city&hnear=florida&cid=0,0,17653224149536330244&ei=VJ_hS4miH4vaNtuE4ewC&ved=0CAcQnwIwAA&ll=28.249664,-82.727855&spn=0,0.010525&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=28.249579,-82.727857&panoid=LpX0aExFvu33L2VIQjbyYQ&cbp=12,179.3,,0,5.46]also seen here [/ame]just 6 blocks north of where you were. I guess I would say just be careful out there and watch the speed limits. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

As opposed to the tailgating, texting while driving, yapping on the cell phone, young whippersnappers:lol:

Lol, at no point did I say old people are WORSE than young drivers... but there are some old people who should NOT be driving. Case in point: The old couple that would have rear-ended me if I hadn't KNOWN there were old people behind me and kept an eye in my mirror as I stopped at a yield sign. Had to floor it in front of the car I was supposed to yield to and the old people skidded to a stop where my car had been sitting.

IMO, in order of increasing worst-ness, here is my extremely stereotypical and prejudiced bad-driver scale:

old people < teenage girls with big sunglasses < asians

Not to press the subject here.... but why is there a stop light in the middle of your 55MPH "major" highway? :iam: This is the oddest thing I've ever heard of. :spin:

Sooo... I looked into it. US 19 is one of the deadliest roads in America. And, on US 19 in that area it's actually 45MPH. As seen here just 4 blocks south of where you were and also seen here just 6 blocks north of where you were. I guess I would say just be careful out there and watch the speed limits. :)

/thread.

Archived