LegacyGT.com

Just bought Conti ExtremeContact DWS!!

08LGT80

I have a few hundred miles on mine so far, and they seem to be doing well. The road noise is much lower on these than my Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S's. Hopefully they will stay that way. Grip seems to be good in the dry...as I've done some brake checks on empty roads. It will probably be awhile before I can try them in the rain, since things are drying up here as summer spools up.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody rotate these tires yet? I know in the manual it says to rotate front to back, but is it okay to X rotate the front tires to back and just back to front with these tires?

Apologies if this question entails nubsauce.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

dws installed today.

i havent done much driving yet, so i cant tell if theyre an improvement over the conti extremes that were replaced.

everybody seems to agree that the dws are excellent, so im looking forward to the break in period to be over.

Mine get put on this friday, size 225/45/17.

You're gonna love them. I had mine (same size, too) on since I think May. Not a single complaint from me. The extra sidewall is great on rough roads, they ride quiet and handle quite well. My RE92's had probably 35K miles on them and they were howling pretty good towards the end so it was a much needed upgrade.

You're gonna love them. I had mine (same size, too) on since I think May. Not a single complaint from me. The extra sidewall is great on rough roads, they ride quiet and handle quite well. My RE92's had probably 35K miles on them and they were howling pretty good towards the end so it was a much needed upgrade.

Awesome! Can't wait. Went with these over dedicated snows b/c in my area the local DPW crew and Penndott take care roads real well and if they get really bad, the hospital sends out ambulance or dpw to get me. Can't go wrong with that.

• 4 weeks later...

do you run the 225s instead of stock 215s year round? Kinda a tire noob so i'm not real familiar with the pros/cons of the wider tire. And they fit the stock rims no problem?

Just got these installed this weekend. ~100 miles on them already and love them so far and it has been raining all weekend. Grip just doesn't stop in the rain. and they are extreamly quiet. Will give a proper review a while later. just don't have enough miles on them yet to properly say.

installed the 225/45/17's on the stock lgt wheels.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

do you run the 225s instead of stock 215s year round? Kinda a tire noob so i'm not real familiar with the pros/cons of the wider tire. And they fit the stock rims no problem?

I went with 225's for a few reasons. 1, PA roads are unforgiving so the extra sidewall is just insurance. 2, the extra height gives you a little more gear on the highway. 3, the ride is a little more cushy. And 4, the extra height helps fill in the gap a little. Even my dad complimented the new meaty look over the 215 rubber bands. And yes, the 225's fit very nicely. Just a flat, square fitment on the edge. No bulge, no stretch. A lot of people say that 225/45R17 should be the OEM size and I 100% agree.;)

I went with 225's for a few reasons. 1, PA roads are unforgiving so the extra sidewall is just insurance. 2, the extra height gives you a little more gear on the highway. 3, the ride is a little more cushy. And 4, the extra height helps fill in the gap a little. Even my dad complimented the new meaty look over the 215 rubber bands. And yes, the 225's fit very nicely. Just a flat, square fitment on the edge. No bulge, no stretch. A lot of people say that 225/45R17 should be the OEM size and I 100% agree.;)

cool, i'm in PA also the roads def are terrible. sounds like the 225 size fits everything i'm looking for :cool:

225's are a much better tire than the stock 215 exactly for everything that Bolksey85 brought up. And for me they even were cheeper. For some reason the 215's were $5 more than the 225's and the shop guys couln't figure out why.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived