LegacyGT.com

Just bought Conti ExtremeContact DWS!!

08LGT80

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
would there be any difference between 225/50, 235/50, 235/45 in terms of road driving experience? And, is 245 too wide for 2011 Legacy 3.6R?

Also how would this tire compare with Michelin Primacy MXM4? (not MXV4)

245 def not too wide for a 2011. It might be too large on the rims? But as far as tire sizes go, I was reading a post by a vendor (IIRC) the other day that was talking about the possibility of getting some 10" under the huge fenders. I think he had put on 9" and it still had plenty of room.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Right, I only want to change the tires, not the wheels. Just make sure there won't be any clearance issue with 245's.

Clearance wise they should be just fine. Size wise, I'm not 100% what would fit on the stock rims.

FWIW, the 2010's have such a huge wheel/fender area that you'll probably not need worry about any stock rim tire size unless you do a pretty drastic drop.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Just got these installed on my spec.b in 225/40/18. I am hoping they perform as well as the Conti ExtremeContacts I had on my WRX. Can't really say right now though as they are replacing the stock, worn, loud, RE050s. I can say that I am happy my car is now smooth and quiet!

Will report back when I get some mileage and snow driving on these...

had them put on and aligned yesterday. went with 225/45s.

so far, roadnoise is considerably quieter than the stock RE92s, they actually seem to be almost silent, all i notice now is my intake whooosh and other engine sounds.

cant comment on any handling improvements yet as i havent had a chance to play with them yet but my installer was impressed with them and actually looked up what he could get them for from his supplier, and was pissed that i got them cheaper through discounttire than he could get them lol.

running ~40 psi all around

My sidewalls are a little squishy at I wanna say they were filled to 33F 31R. I will be pumping them up slowly. But overall the snow/wet traction is amazing. Dry traction is good as well. But can get the tires to squeal.

So I've had these on for about a month now and no complaints, quite ride, good grip, I dont think the sidewalls are soft, but they'll get their first snow test Thursday, going boarding and the mountains have been getting pounded recently. So hope to report back with good results

Mine are being installed next Thurs 12/30. I convinced my wife that spending the money was a need not a want since I will be driving our kids to school 28 miles each way (private school at my work). She agreed, town fair tire was booked 2 weeks out so I have to wait.

Archived