LegacyGT.com

Just bought Conti ExtremeContact DWS!!

08LGT80

I had the same problem, back ordered on TireRack. Ended up ordering them through my local tire place which cost a bit more, but ordered them on a Friday and had them on the next Monday.

Definitely happy with them. Not as responsive or all out good handling as the RE960AS, but still a great tire with awesome wet and pretty good dry grip. I'm sure the will dwarf the performance of the RE960s in the white stuff.

Order placed with DiscountTireDirect.com

I liked what I read about their dealings when issues arise with tires they sell. The hazard insurance was a bit more than normal for tires but 3 yr. no questions asked sounds pretty great.

Hopefully these tires live up the hype...wasn't expecting to spend this much!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just purchased a set of these to go with some new 18x8 rims. I got 225/40/18, but and wondering if I should have gone with 235/40/18 or 225/45/18. I was concerned the wider or taller side wall would cause rubbing issues, we'll see when they come. then I get to deal with the dreaded wheel gap they'll surely have. to drop or not to drop?

I just purchased a set of these to go with some new 18x8 rims. I got 225/40/18, but and wondering if I should have gone with 235/40/18 or 225/45/18. I was concerned the wider or taller side wall would cause rubbing issues, we'll see when they come. then I get to deal with the dreaded wheel gap they'll surely have. to drop or not to drop?

I'd love to go for a 225/45. Just can't find any. The 235/40 will be great for potholes. I'm going to pick up a set of 225/40, but I'm worried it might be to much of a stretch for the tire on a 18x8 wheel.

:yeahthat:

subietonic one of this sites moderators runs a 225/40/18 on a 18x8 rim and said it didnt look stretched, so I took his advise and bought the 225/40/18 for my 18x8 rims I just bought. They should be here late next week and will have some pics then to look at

subietonic one of this sites moderators runs a 225/40/18 on a 18x8 rim and said it didnt look stretched, so I took his advise and bought the 225/40/18 for my 18x8 rims I just bought. They should be here late next week and will have some pics then to look at

Tires are just like sneakers. Some run thin some run wide.

Just bought a set of these for my wife's Legacy. Stock size, she doesn't need the smaller sidewall and perhaps harsher ride. Tirerack called cause they don't know if 205/50/17 will fit on the car. Even though that is the stock size. We'll see, should be getting them tomorrow or Friday and will have them installed on Saturday. Hopefully they are much quieter than stock. They are so loud!!!

205/50/17 will definitely fit if she has the stock rims, that is what I installed on my 2.5i.

Something nice that I noticed about the DWS is that it has a rim protector lip. I had no idea that the Conti's had this feature that I have seen on other tires, it was a nice surprise and should help with the curb rash.

I'm running these in 215/50/17 and was planning to use them for winter in Rochester NY. I previously used the older version of the extreme contact all season and had decent luck. I have a chance to grab locally a set of Dunlop Graspic Ds-3 for $200 though and am giving some thought to that. We get about 90-100" of snowfall a year, but the roads are generally cleaned fairly well and the Dunlop reviews show them not being so great on drive pavement.

Hey all. Well I have these tires and today was the first day of snow and I gotta say the tires suck and I would not recommend them for driving in snow at all. They seem no better then a normal all season tire. I was driving in about 4 inches of snow and these tires would not stop or turn for the life of me.

I really had to slow down with these and I am going to buy winters first thing tomorrow. I thought they would be ok with that snow flake symbol but I have never had such a bad experience with tires in the snow. If they can't handle 4 inches of snow, I dunno how they are going to handle a Canadian winter.

Other then snow performance they are good I guess but after seeing how they handle in snow, I will never buy again. Sucks as my tires only have like 5000km on it

Hey all. Well I have these tires and today was the first day of snow and I gotta say the tires suck and I would not recommend them for driving in snow at all. They seem no better then a normal all season tire. I was driving in about 4 inches of snow and these tires would not stop or turn for the life of me.

I really had to slow down with these and I am going to buy winters first thing tomorrow. I thought they would be ok with that snow flake symbol but I have never had such a bad experience with tires in the snow. If they can't handle 4 inches of snow, I dunno how they are going to handle a Canadian winter.

Other then snow performance they are good I guess but after seeing how they handle in snow, I will never buy again. Sucks as my tires only have like 5000km on it

Wow, I feel similar. We got close to a foot here so far and while I'm not having any issues with traction on acceleration, the stopping and turning seem worse than the old version of the Continental Extremes. I'm considering getting a real set of snow tires as well.

ok, now I am getting worried. Going to be making the trek up north shortly and have these installed. Need more feed back on snow in the PNW with these. Tire Rack had good Snow response listeded for the DWS's

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I don't expect them to perform like a winter tire. I expect them to be rated amongst other AS tires and if they handle like they say, then I will be happy because they have a higher rating than all of my previous tires I have had on the LGT and FXT.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Wow, I feel similar. We got close to a foot here so far and while I'm not having any issues with traction on acceleration, the stopping and turning seem worse than the old version of the Continental Extremes. I'm considering getting a real set of snow tires as well.

Yeah I never was so scared in my life. I had some Exclaim UHP summer tires for 1 winter and those had more traction then these. I couldn't believe how bad they were as they were so highly rated.

ok, now I am getting worried. Going to be making the trek up north shortly and have these installed. Need more feed back on snow in the PNW with these. Tire Rack had good Snow response listeded for the DWS's

Just drive slow into corners and brake well ahead and you should be fine. I mean with 4 inches of snow and coming down from 80km/h(55mph) I would miss my turn when I started braking 450 meters away.

I don't expect them to perform like a winter tire. I expect them to be rated amongst other AS tires and if they handle like they say, then I will be happy because they have a higher rating than all of my previous tires I have had on the LGT and FXT.

Yeah I wouldn't consider them a All weather tire at all in any way shape or form. Worse tire ever in winter.

You do realize you bought an all season tire and not a dedicated snow tire, right? People love them because compared to other AS tires, they're great. All seasons are just that. Decent in all seasons but not excelling in one or another. And doing 55mph in 4" of snow is just stupid, IMO.

They're also rated as excellent and superior in every category including light snow, deep snow and ice. Link.

I had the Conti Extremes previously which were also all season and they were a fair amount better than these seem to be so far in the snow.

I'm not having too many problems getting around, (been snowing here for 3 days now) but the turning in the snow and braking aren't what I'd expect having had the older version of this tire.

These tires have been great in the wet weather and are very smooth on dry pavement, but I'm not sure I understand the high ratings for the snow/ice.

I had these on my Saabaru Aero and then had them swapped on my first LGT and thought they sucked. Made both cars feels really "loose" and unstable at highway speeds and were very noisy. I thought the traction on dry roads also sucked.

With all that said, I cannot comment on their snow prowess. I only had them in the late summer/fall.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ZjZAEIQSUzXwAM::www.examiner.com/entertainment-reviews-in-national/snl-releases-three-unaired-skits-from-betty-white-night-uh-oh-it-s-debbie-downer&t=1&usg=AFrqEzcPJ3uYfV9n3gd9kDXa8J0GqquX1Q

For people who have found these tires to be sucky in snow, does it matter what kind of snow you are driving in. I've driven a front wheel drive car with OEM all season tires in a very cold snow storm without significant issues. A few weeks ago I drove my Eagle GTs in about 4" of warmer wet snow and had some problems. Like digging through the snow to wet grass/dirt which led to me sliding about 3' sideways downslope. I also had hoped for better snow performance.

Archived