LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

I was wondering when I was gonna get this request...let me see what I can do.

add me for at least 1 RHD, i could get a few more if you needed some more numbers to make a minimum amount in RHD. im easy on metric or imperial, whatever you can make quicker. :cool:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, I'm sure we could organise a group buy in Australia if we need to build up the numbers for right hand drive models. Happy to take imperial as long as we can do a firmware upgrade later on, that's if it's possible for us to upgrade the firmware from our pc's

so for those that have installed the gauge...where is the exact best spot to hook up the power? Is it this fuse for IG2? I havent looked at the fuse panel yet, plan to do it on saturday

On an 05' LGT its fuse position 26 under the dash, IG2 (bottom right fuse IIRC). Just use a fuse tap to grab power.

So thats now two times the website would not let me purchase it. When I tried to complete paypal gave me an error saying email address of seller was invalid. Then when it does finally work they are sold out, but I could of purchased one on backorder. Being you doing take pre-sales I figured that would of been a douche move.

Back to watching the site again, freaking awesome.

Imperial is going to be quicker. I will release RHD with imperial first. When I get time I will try to get some metric display option in the menu or something.

Is there any user-updateable setting to change this? OR is this something only you can change?

Can probably muster up a few other forum members for you too :) Let me know and I'm sure I can organise a group buy of sorts for us Australians!

I need some help guys. I'm using an add a circuit fuse with #32 "Unit IG2". I'm getting a check engine light and my cruise control light is blinking. Any idea why this is happening. Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Update: I figured it out. It was user error when using the add a circuit. I did not add another 7.5A fuse.

Edited by cheeseenlo

Finally got mine today. Tracking still hasn't been updated since August 20th, but I'm happy that it's sitting in my trunk waiting to be installed now. Likely will do it over the weekend, and I'll take pictures of the install if it's not raining (50/50 chance here in Vancouver). ;)

so where are we supposed to ground it to??

If you are using it to read an LC1 also, you need to ground it to the same place you grounded out the wideband. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure any chassis ground will do. If you do not ground with the wideband you will get different readings as I did before.

Hey, anyone know what length vaccuum line is needed?

On an 05' LGT its fuse position 26 under the dash, IG2 (bottom right fuse IIRC). Just use a fuse tap to grab power.

Cool. Never having used one, anyone got a source?

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

Hey, anyone know what length vaccuum line is needed?

Cool. Never having used one, anyone got a source?

I used about 10 feet IIRC.

You're not local, otherwise I could give you a few. If you want to pay shipping I have a couple i'd be glad to send you no charge. I'm pretty sure you can source these at any auto parts store, or maybe you can try Radio Shack, but I know that places like Home Depot and Lowe's do not stock them.

I used about 10 feet IIRC.

geezus, 10 feet? Are you wrapping it around the tail light twice? :lol:

Seriously...we're going from the the center of the engine, through the firewall via the fender, and into the fuse box outboard of the steering column.

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

I think that's why he has some to spare. ;)

Whoohoo! An appointment I had after work with a client has been cancelled. That means I've got 3 hours to work on my car. But first I'm going to put on the STi spoiler, and if I have time, this boost gauge will go in too.

I am thinking this may not be the right gauge for me as it is only limited to 25psi...sucks, back to the drawing board to figure out how to cleanly mount 4 gauges...this would've taken care of two, but 25psi max is going to be cutting it close or not enough for my setup...

So been drivnig around for the past week, really nice unit, alot better than his previous GToost gauge!

What I wanted to know, for those who own one, what is the vacuum at idle like for you guys? while decelerating but still in gear?

Thanks

JP

anyone have a picture of the wiring that they did. I wired mine up today and it wont power up or anything. any ideas??

Once you have established proper power to the unit double check the ribbon cable connector at the back of the display unit. Be sure it is mounted as shown. Be sure it is plugged in fully. Be sure it is latched properly.

206208311_Ribboncable.JPG.64bcffda0a8dfba2bc6bc541e4f0c155.JPG

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com