LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a boost gauge and mount sitting here that I'm intentionally NOT putting on because I want this one so badly. Let us know if it's a deposit you want, or whatever, I'm down!

What boost gauge do you have - maybe someone can buy it? :wub:

Any eta for rhd models??

I should be able to start the layout for the RHD PCB within a month or so. Do you know of the RHD rent is just like my passengers side vent?

lossol, do you think you should start a list of who is seriously interested so you can get some idea of the quantity you will need to produce? That may also help you determine the final price point. I know I will put my money down as soon as I can, this is a great product

Thanks for all the interest in pre-ordering. However I will not be taking pre-orders for this gauge. They will be available first come first serve at the website when available.

Update:

I just received the new graphic overlays. I'm very impressed with them, the graphics house did a good job as you can see from the pictures. They created a custom "dead front" effect which looks smooth and jet black from the front when not back lit. You can see this effect as the grayish area that makes up the bar graph and the buttons.

The first picture show the new one and the old one(back). You can see the comparison to the previous version when held up to the light. The previous version, although looked pretty good once in the vent, had some issues with cracking and transparency consistency. With this new overlay I have a much more consistent transparency for the 'dead front' effect.

I really wish I could have made the overlay so it completely covers the entire front of the gauge. The capacitive touch buttons have no problem working behind this 10mil piece of lexan, however the issue was more with the OLED screens and direct sunlight visibility. The screens have a nice AR Polarizer in the front of them, and to cover this up with transparent lexan would create difficult viewing in some lighting conditions. Overall I think the presentation of the display is looking pretty good. despite the cutout for the oLED screens.

Dear AFR Beta testers, Any luck with logging and accuracy of the AFR readout on the VBG1? If you have any information that would be great. The calibration of this is quite easy and checked on every gauge before it leaves here, But I Always like real-world feedback.

IMAG0583.thumb.jpg.5aa6922c50787d4bdac6191e62fa552a.jpg

IMAG0586.thumb.jpg.e4e0a8255abe36d2456305f098ed96ee.jpg

IMAG0584.thumb.jpg.7cd0b41fbe13f8c3683c54845080c0bf.jpg

IMAG0595.thumb.jpg.9ef86e34b3e490b7c795cd000450bf0e.jpg

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

I hooked up the LC1 finally. (Some vendors out there are just.....)

Anyway, I'm having a hard time getting the VBG1 to switch over to the LC1...actually it won't go over at all. I am also having some trouble with the boost...it reads signifcantly higher than my AP. Last night I hit a supposed 34lbs of boost.

I'm going to take it in to IAG and their electronics guy and see if he has any insight.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

A few beta testers have been having the same problem with an over boost reading. They also say they arent able to read vac pressure.

The problem is with power sequencing of the VBG1.

From the manual:

Power should be sourced to the VBG1 before engine start, for most model years IGNITION power provides proper power sequencing. Some model years (07+) have some ignition lines that power off briefly at engine start. The atmospheric sampling sequence depends on proper power sequencing. Please be sure that the proper power sequencing is provided to the gauge.

here is a pic from the 2009 OBXT - They are tapping IG1 (fuse# 26)

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57142&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1220925234

I don't even have a legacy yet, and I want this. btw how the hell did you do this I mean where does one start, I'm not trying to steal this I was just curious I have many ideas but don't know how the hell you get 'er done.

In english, please.

Go~Rilla Any luck with the power setup? Could you let us know which fuse you tapped if it's working?

eta on the final production model?

I'm starting to build these this week. So they should be trickling out soon.

I have to throw the latest version with the new overlay in my car and drive around in the sun to make sure the LED intensities are set correctly.

I'm also hoping for more feedback on those who are logging AFR to see how the readout is doing. Although I have tested that extensively here and see no problem with the simple linear map.

has all the testers put the gauge in the same place? I mean does it fit in the center pods too?

This will only fit in the drivers side vent.

Go~Rilla Any luck with the power setup? Could you let us know which fuse you tapped if it's working?

Remember I had similar issues at first. I switched to the IGN2 fuse, and the problems disappeared. It's been working beautifully since!

You guys are going to LOVE this gauge.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

BAC5.2 - Your right I forgot :redface: thanks!

So I re-tuned the Leds for the new overlay, ran with the new settings in the sunlight and wasn't happy with the results. Tonight I discovered I will need to change a value of two resistors on the board. Basically to boost the brightness hardware limit.

This means any beta testers that eventually want the new overlay will have to ship the VBG1 display unit back to me, of course they will get the latest firmware load too!

I will re-run with the new gauge tomorrow in the car, hopefully it will be nice and sunny.

I built up the first 4 non-beta units this weekend. I had good results with the brightness adjustment last week. I want to do another day or so of real world driving on some minor adjustments I made to the code. I will keep you guys posted. Maybe a few can ship late week?:eek:

Wow, Look how far we have come...

Hard to believe this project was started in November 2009. Remember when... VBG1 had no OLEDs? 2057486596_Ventboost.jpg.2832d3d70876d64792604ea5c826a8ba.jpg

Thanks to all the comments, questions, ideas and requests of this forum we were able to come up with something like this:DSC05714.thumb.jpg.5a55d98b50873d9ac90279a65c620d44.jpg

A flat gauge concept, Capacitive touch buttons, two Organic LED displays,5 peak recalls, AFR input compatibility, Auto dimming for night viewing... I mean there are a ton of features packed in this thing. It was really cool to design, so I thank you all again for the input and interest.

balrock01 - I never thanked you for that nice review a while back, thanks. I also noticed you may have posted some video of this thing on you tube. Although a little fuzzy, I think it does a great job of showing the fast update rate of the VBG1.

Here is the link:

[ame=http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=k3puZjIO2yE&feature=related]YouTube- VBG1Beta vid 2[/ame]

A few other basic vids:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TihsTPt4o6M]YouTube- VBG1 - General Video 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU2hsQ-jgtg]YouTube- VBG1 - General Video 2[/ame]

So I'm officially declaring the design stage for the VBG1 to be finished. Thanks to the beta testers for running with this gauge and trying it out. You guys can PM me and I will set you up with the latest overlay and software Version.

I will be building up the gauges at a rate of about 3-5 a week. When availble they will be at http://www.gtboostgauge.com/shop

The target price has always been 250, and I'm happy so say I have been able to keep it pretty close to that. The price will be listed at 258 to start. It will fluctuate a bit over time due to component cost fluctuation and availability. I will offer a 30 day money back return policy with the VBG1. That should give you guys a few weeks to fall in love and empty a few gas tanks on this thing...or return it due to the poor fuel economy effect. ;)

**Reserved for official feature list**

VBG1 manual link:

Manual

DSC00053.thumb.jpg.30967c17f0551203d81a2e0b0a94ee07.jpg

Edited by lossol