LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

thank you for your responses...I am curious to see what boost levels it can handle...if the display will show me what PSi I am running, I don't care if the LED's max out at 25psi...please advise and let me know, as if it can handle atleast 30 Psi, you will make a sale as soon as they inventory comes available...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the gauge for at least a couple months! Always loving it! One question to those who have one:

What is your vacuum under compression? (letting off the gas)

What is your vacuum at idle?

I'm only wondering, when its colder outside, I have an vacuum at idle of 17-19 and when a bit warmer of 20-21!

Is it normal? I assume!

JP

That's about right for what I'm getting on mine. Usually is at about -17 during car startup, and then as I go along closer to -19 and -20.

What's the highest boost you've ever gotten? Mine is 14.3 on a completely stock setup.

That's about right for what I'm getting on mine. Usually is at about -17 during car startup, and then as I go along closer to -19 and -20.

What's the highest boost you've ever gotten? Mine is 14.3 on a completely stock setup.

Depends, but I've hit low 14's a couple times! I'm usually around 13.4-13.9, and same here, stock setup!

So that sounds about right!

We have to remember that the gauge is accurate at +/-0.25psi, which is nice, so I assume that boosting at 13.4 to even 14.4 is pretty much the same!

All depends on the weather, the humidity, the elevation and all!

JP

im getting the same vacuum on start up and idle. the max ive peaked at is 17.8 psi with a stage 2 OTS tune. I may be getting a LC-1 from someone on craigslist this weekend... if all goes well ill have that hooked up and could take some pictures.

Intial installation was a breeze, mainly due to all the write ups and pictoral walk throughs. Thank you again LGT.com!

Maybe a stupid question, but what about us 2.5i NA cars, think we could use something similar to this, and maybe monitor other vitals of the car. Just think this is an interesting concept, and think if it was offered to us NA 2.5 guys you could sell more too...?

Also if it is possible what are some things that could be monitored, or important in a NA engine. Oil temp?, A/F ratio?, rpms, anything else?

Edited by Urbanrunner

Maybe a stupid question, but what about us 2.5i NA cars, think we could use something similar to this, and maybe monitor other vitals of the car. Just think this is an interesting concept, and think if it was offered to us NA 2.5 guys you could sell more too...?

Also if it is possible what are some things that could be monitored, or important in a NA engine. Oil temp?, A/F ratio?, rpms, anything else?

Oil temp or oil pressure might be useful. RPMs are monitored by the tach. But I think a gauge like this for a NA car is a solution looking for problem. Just my opinion.

a scan gauge II might be what you'd like... http://www.rallitek.com/Scan-Gauge-II/p-4497

LegacyDan, yeah I will. I already have 1. I could use 1 more. I think two beta testers will be good for the RHD version. Pretty much a fit test. If you want in let me know. just received word yesterday that the new overlay has shipped. So they may be ready by late next week.

For us RHD testers, please use metric measurements :spin::D

Out of curiosity, what would be involved in upgrading the software/firmware on these things, is it a user-serviceable item or would you have to do it?

I am curious to see what boost levels it can handle...if the display will show me what PSi I am running, I don't care if the LED's max out at 25psi...please advise and let me know, as if it can handle atleast 30 Psi

The Digital display reads up to and exceeds 30 PSI. I don't have an officially top end yet. I will let everyone know.

Are there any pics of the gauge showing boost and AFR at the same time?

I saw a youtube vid of this once, it was crude but you could see the AFR changing while the guy was boosting. Couldn't find it to post in the thread.

Update:

I recently started shipping units with the latest rev of software. Version 1.03. Added in this version is an option menu to view digital pressure readout in the units of PSI or BAR. So now live view boost and peak recall can be seen in the units BAR. The scale on the LEDs remains to be in 1 PSI per led as well as the peak alarm and Boost profile min/max is set using units of PSI regardless of which units is selected from the menu.

I did notice a small problem with viewing AFR data in the code that no one has mentioned to me. I incorrectly built the digital graph to be displayed as follows:

L@---------R

10 AFR

L----@-----R

15AFR

L---------@R

20 AFR

For those who are using or have seen the display it's probably easier to tell what I'm talking about. But the problem is....I reversed Lean / Rich - 20 should be lean not rich!

Anyway...that got fixed in version 1.03

Which brings me to this:

Out of curiosity, what would be involved in upgrading the software/firmware on these things, is it a user-serviceable item or would you have to do it?

This would have to be mailed back for a firmware upgrade. I was thinking of setting up a 'upgrade software' item you could purchase from the website. Basically just a small fee to handle the shipping. The update process is really simple and fast, and I would only need the display unit mailed back, not the sending unit.

RHD UPDATE:

Looks like the latest batch of sending units will not get here until Monday. Although all the other parts are here and ready for the first RHD unit assembly which I will fit check this weekend in my passenger side vent. So if all goes well they should ship early next week to the beta testers.

Have a good Friday all!

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

It should be as simple as running the analog line from the LC-1 to the white AFR input line on the VBG1. As shown in the pic, they should share a close common ground for best results. You will also have to enable viewing of AFR in the configurations menu of the VBG1 if not already done so.

Widebend-O2-sensor-LC-1.thumb.jpg.238dde04f10aa02c72949ea20976ff3e.jpg

Configurations must be set correctly on the LC-1 analog output. To assure accuracy of the AFR display on the VBG1 the output settings of the LC-1 must be configured as: 0V = 10AFR, 5V = 20AFR, Warm-up = 5V.

Hope that helps a little.

Has anyone wired up an LC-1 to their gauge yet? i wouldnt mind some direction on the wiring...

i downloaded the LC-1 manual, read it breifly, but i havent gone for the install yet. is this a simple install?

it's pretty straight forward, as long as you follow the instructions. The most important thing is to ground the LC1 and the VBG to the same location and configure the LC1 using the software provided and changing the values listed above. The readout was pretty accurate before my sensor went on the fritz.

Edited by stocklgt

You should be tapping the Illumination net. or Fuse 16 as verified on 2005, and 2008 vacation pictures. 2006 should also be Fuse 16. Check your fuse panel. This net is a purple wire. When the parking lights are on, this line goes to 12V and the VBG1 will dim it's illumination. The VBG1 only has one dim level, and does not change variably with dash illumination settings. When the parking lights are on, the gauge dims. If the user drives with headlights on, it is recommended to use the ambient light dimming feature.

You should be tapping the Illumination net. or Fuse 16 as verified on 2005, and 2008 vacation pictures. 2006 should also be Fuse 16. Check your fuse panel. This net is a purple wire. When the parking lights are on, this line goes to 12V and the VBG1 will dim it's illumination. The VBG1 only has one dim level, and does not change variably with dash illumination settings. When the parking lights are on, the gauge dims. If the user drives with headlights on, it is recommended to use the ambient light dimming feature.

In this case, I'll just leave it be then, I usually always drive with my parking lights on, so this wont be any better for me!

Thanks for clarifying Andy! Really appreciated!

JP